Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Westgate and Dragon Coast in 800-1000 DR

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HelldoG Posted - 06 Mar 2010 : 15:47:57
Hi all!
I'm trying to write a biography for a very old drow that was born in Westgate around 800-1000 DR (I'm still not sure how old she will be.) and I'm curious about the situation of that city and realm in this period.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jorkens Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 08:04:46
Realms history is not my thing, but I think the Grand History of the Realms would be the place to look for this one.
sortell Posted - 13 Apr 2010 : 07:57:05
Westgate I know had a very troubled polical situation during this period. Starting in the mid 400s, rulership of Westgate changed hands countless times, each one failing to set up a lasting dynasty. At one point during the early 700s, Ichytu Xvim siezed control of the city and ruled in tyranny for about 20 years.
There was a powerful Vampire lord in control until about -286, and since the Westgate Manshoon clone was known to be a vampire, its plausable that vampires have been an ongoing problem throughout the city's history, but thats just an assumption
The regional history info for the Dragon Coast in the 3rd edition Campaign Setting has some light references to that period.
There may also be some random references in the 2nd edition Pirates of the Falling Stars book.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000