Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Pathfinder vs 3.5 Character Classes?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Wenin Posted - 18 Nov 2009 : 18:36:52
I'm wanting to incorporate the Spell-less Ranger class that was outlined in Kobold Quarterly #11, into my 3.5 campaign. Looking over the class progression, I'm thinking that it is a little more powerful than the standard 3.5 Ranger with spells.

What are your thoughts?

Are Pathfinder classes more powerful on average than their 3.5 counterparts?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Diffan Posted - 07 Dec 2009 : 20:58:45
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

All hail Paizo!

......or not.
Purple Dragon Knight Posted - 06 Dec 2009 : 02:15:01
All hail Paizo!
Diffan Posted - 19 Nov 2009 : 04:03:02
I wouldn't say they're more powerful just less reliant on additional supplements and Prestige classes. Take the Barbarian for example: The class's ability to rage is designed for high level progression. While this makes class-dipping pointless now it makes the class seem more powerful than it's 3.5 counterpart.

But the main problem I still have remains, wheather your using Pathfinder or 3.5, is the over abundance of Save-or-die spells there are in additiona to high level play for non-spellcasters. To me, multipul attacks per round don't equal to creating an area of negative gravity.

However, Paizo did an amazing job with the revisions and I hope my friend is still going to purchase their material so we can play.
Hawkins Posted - 18 Nov 2009 : 19:56:36
I would say that the 11 classes in the PFRPG are a little more powerful than their namesakes in the 3.5 PH. However, I think that they are pretty balanced with all of the base classes introduced in the myriad of other 3.5 accessories (i.e. the Complete series, the Tome series, et cetera).

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000