Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventure Chronology

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rhewtani Posted - 25 Jan 2008 : 21:22:45
Ok, so I'm looking to finally moving into FR instead of pulling inspiration from it. My current campaign plotting is to take all of the old adventures, in sequence, and allow my players to play through them.

Each player will actually be running a family instead of just one character. So, they can play the nephew or son of their previous PC when the timeline jumps.

However, I can't find a useful or concise list of FR adventures in chronological order. I'm thinking of starting with Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds, and then moving to the (awful, I'm told) Avatar trilogy. But, I know there's more and I'm looking for insight.

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Asharak Posted - 08 Apr 2011 : 20:38:27
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

When does the Randal Morn trilogy take place?

1369 according to Volo's Guide to the Dalelands
Rhewtani Posted - 08 Apr 2011 : 19:55:40
When does the Randal Morn trilogy take place?
Alisttair Posted - 24 Mar 2011 : 10:55:28
The Dungeon of Death takes place 1 year after Hellgate Keep (whatever year it is).
Rhewtani Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 03:09:03
Oh, right, good time cue right there ... the destruction of Zhentil Keep.
Ayrik Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 01:47:37
Some Zhents never stopped worshipping Bane; they never believed in Bane's death, they never accepted Cyric the Pretender (even after Fzoul read that silly book), their faith sustained Bane through his difficult times.

But if ye seek a particular date, it would likely be late 1368DR ... Bane's faith experienced some resurgence after Cyric incompetently destroyed most of Zhentil Keep and his own base of power.
Rhewtani Posted - 23 Mar 2011 : 01:02:44
Trying to place "Steelheart" from Dungeon 53. It refers to the Zhentarim serving Cyric. That places it somehwere between 1358 and 1371. When do the Zhents start worshiping Bane again? When did Fzoul start worshiping the godson?
Rhewtani Posted - 29 Jan 2008 : 02:01:51
Awesome.

I will move some of it over and when I get webspace again create a better table for it all.

This answers my main question, though. Barring How the Mighty Are Fallen, there really isn't a realms adventure earlier than 1340.

-Chris
KnightErrantJR Posted - 29 Jan 2008 : 01:57:16
I started a project kind of like this in this thread:

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5319&SearchTerms=Character,Level/Timeframe

But I know I was missing a lot and didn't get as far as I would have liked to with the project.
Rhewtani Posted - 29 Jan 2008 : 01:45:36
Yeah, I think I had to endure it then, too - when I was a player. But, my goal is to run these things in their default times.
Mace Hammerhand Posted - 28 Jan 2008 : 23:11:14
I placed Curse of the Azure Bonds in 1367, and it works just fine with my group...
SiCK_Boy Posted - 28 Jan 2008 : 21:58:59
City of the Spider Queens starts around the end of Marpenoth, 1372.
Rhewtani Posted - 28 Jan 2008 : 17:09:02
Ok, for the sake of recording it, I'm going to put some numbers down.

1340 - Ruins of Adventure
1357 - Curse of the Azure Bonds

1358 - Shadowdale
1358 - Tantras
1358 - Waterdeep

1372 - City of the Spider Queen

xxxx - The Dalelands

xxxx - Expedition to Undermountain

xxxx - Into the Dragon's Lair

xxxx - Pool of Radiance: Attack on Myth Drannor

xxxx - Sons of Grummsh

Rhewtani Posted - 25 Jan 2008 : 22:00:20
My PCs have always wanted more direction than they've gotten and they've always wanted to feel like things were going on around them, so ... it might actually help to run Avatar.

It's not so necessary for it to remain in one locale, especially when the time jumps from 1340 to 1358, and then to 1372, etc.

What is want to see ...

...is some legacy items being passed down from one character to the next.
...the occasional situation where a player is running an older more decrepit version of a previous character.
...an elf character from the first adventure being important in the 25th adventure.
...Power shifts effecting what kind of class a character is between two adventures (imagine if one of the players want to make a Cormaeril, or dedicates themselves to bhaal before the ToT, etc).
LordArcana Posted - 25 Jan 2008 : 21:51:07
If your campaign is going to revolve around families i assume most of your campaign is going to take place in a centralized area? There were adventure packs which took place in certain areas like the Dalelands adventures and such. Try doing a google search for "Dalelands D&D Adventures".

There are many old free adventures on the Wizards website as well as free or very low cost adventures on many D&D fan sites. I am looking for the link now if i find it i will edit the post to add it where i once found about 100-150 pdf adventures for 0.99-2.99 each. I bought a few and they were not half bad...

PS On a side note, the Avatar Trilogy is a lot like Dragonlance...makes for an awesome story but is brutely boring for the players. I personally have had the displeasure of both playing in it (first) and feeling so cheated i read through the adventures and wanted to run it. Both times i felt as if the PC's are just footnotes of little importance not even worthy of mentioning in the grand histories of the Forgotten Realms.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000