Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Whale Bones?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KaizokuVizard Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 03:16:49
Ok, so I have found some old notes from a couple years ago about a Campaign i was going to run on the "Whale Bones" island chain...except, now I can't find out where that is? So, my question is...is this something I made up and shoved somewhere and didn't mark where, or is it something actually noted in a book? If it is, can anyone tell me the location of the bones/the page in the book? Thanks a ton!
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brimstone Posted - 19 Sep 2010 : 05:20:37
In my sig is a link that will lead you to a pdf of the North Box Set!
KaizokuVizard Posted - 18 Sep 2010 : 03:47:43
Map could be useful too, thanks for that, I'll put it in my notes folder
Markustay Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 18:40:54
Very old map I had been working on

Thats mostly the official 3e map with canon locales pasted on (except for Arylon, which isn't canon). I have since corrected quite a bit of the terrain, but that map was never finished (and neither was that one I just posted).
KaizokuVizard Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 17:53:59
Awesome, thanks for the info :)
The Sage Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 10:14:27
No, that's fine. And I've already quoted the page number earlier, so that's a satisfied condition also.
KaizokuVizard Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 04:16:34
Ok, finally, looking on a map online it's noted on the Offical Faerun map...it's next to Ruathym, in the Sword Coast. Finally. Oh, if you can post the info, that'd be great Sage, if not, it's alright, I understand the rules :)
KaizokuVizard Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 04:11:40
The primary info I'm looking for is where they're located. Like, Moonshae? Next to Nelanther Isles?
The Sage Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 04:06:51
quote:
Originally posted by KaizokuVizard

Hrm, of which I have neither...i don't think. I'll have to double check

Considering the info on the Whalebones in FR5 amounts to little more than a paragraph, I may just be able to quote it here... paying particular attention to the dictates of the site's Code on Conduct when it comes to re-producing information from an officially published source.
KaizokuVizard Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 03:51:27
Hrm, of which I have neither...i don't think. I'll have to double check
The Sage Posted - 17 Sep 2010 : 03:43:43
quote:
Originally posted by KaizokuVizard

Ok, so I have found some old notes from a couple years ago about a Campaign i was going to run on the "Whale Bones" island chain...except, now I can't find out where that is? So, my question is...is this something I made up and shoved somewhere and didn't mark where, or is it something actually noted in a book? If it is, can anyone tell me the location of the bones/the page in the book? Thanks a ton!

The Whalebones are indeed an official location within the Realms. Most of the more relevant [but brief] info on the islands can be found in FR5 The Savage Frontier [pg. 38] and The North boxed set.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000