Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Some 2007 and 2008 products not mentioned before.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kuje Posted - 03 Jan 2007 : 02:50:04
Dungeon Tiles 5

Fortress of the Yuan-ti

Villain's Handbook

Someone can fix the links. :)

Mod Edit: Someone did.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kuje Posted - 24 May 2007 : 16:32:26
I dunno, I might like the behind the scenes books, if they can help with designing classes/monsters/etc.
The Sage Posted - 24 May 2007 : 16:22:57
And none of these look terribly impressive. Though, I think it's the Lady K's turn to purchase this next EB supplement.
Kuje Posted - 24 May 2007 : 15:11:22
I'm back with some more sourcebooks.

Eberron: City of Stormreach

Behind the Screen: Classes and Races by Michele Carter (Compiler)

Behind the Screen: World and Monsters by Jennifer Clark Wilkes (Editor)

And, as usual, someone could fix the links. :) Yeah, I have a hard time with 'Keep's code.

Faraer Posted - 11 Apr 2007 : 03:31:17
In nighted Tyraturos, the bodies of theives put to death are left in the yards of apothecaries, who make from their blood and bones a rosy powder...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 11 Apr 2007 : 03:06:11
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

What about a D&D make-up set? Umber hulk eye shadow, gelatinous cube lip gloss, etc.

Well, according to a lot of people, D&D already has the rouge...

Geez, don't remind me...that misspelling is SOOOO annoying.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 11 Apr 2007 : 00:26:36
quote:

What about a D&D make-up set? Umber hulk eye shadow, gelatinous cube lip gloss, etc.

Well, according to a lot of people, D&D already has the rouge...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 10 Apr 2007 : 23:55:19
quote:

Doesn't sound like something I'd want to put on my face.
Faraer Posted - 10 Apr 2007 : 23:27:50
Kuje Posted - 10 Apr 2007 : 23:14:08
This isn't being published by WOTC but like the Dummies books for D&D, I'd thought it deserved a mention.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Creating Dungeons and Dragons Characters by Matt Forbeck.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Creating-Dungeons-Dragons-Characters/dp/1592576885/

It's due out in December.

I know I could have used a book like this years ago when the new rules came out and I think I'll still make use of it because even after 7 years, there's a lot of the new rules that I struggle with.
The Sage Posted - 02 Apr 2007 : 02:34:03
Aye.

'Tis my hope that the new and updated version will include examples of some of the lesser-starship types that really haven't received much attention in source material previously. A few detailed writeups for some of the many 'background' ships we've briefly seen throughout the Prequels would also be a real hoot!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 02 Apr 2007 : 02:15:25
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Starships of the Galaxy (Hardcover) by Owen K.C. Stephens (Author), Rodney Thompson (Author):

Here
Though not a Realms source, I will note that this particular source is still NOT officially confirmed, as I recall.

Ooh... I want! I don't do the SW RPG, but I love some of the ships.
Dargoth Posted - 31 Mar 2007 : 02:17:24
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Starships of the Galaxy (Hardcover) by Owen K.C. Stephens (Author), Rodney Thompson (Author):

Here
Though not a Realms source, I will note that this particular source is still NOT officially confirmed, as I recall.

Ive got the orignal Starships of the Galaxy book its only 110 pages long and doesnt include anyhting from episodes 1, 2 and 3 so Im guessing the extra 50 pages will be used to cover the presequels
The Sage Posted - 31 Mar 2007 : 01:32:43
quote:

Here
Kuje Posted - 30 Mar 2007 : 23:19:23
Some December releases.

Behind the Screen: Classes and Races (Paperback) by Michele Carter (Compiler):

Here

Dire Tombs: Dungeon Tiles 6 (Unknown Binding) by James Wyatt (Author):

Here

Elder Evils (Hardcover) by Robert J. Schwalb (Author):

Here

Star Wars Galaxy Tiles 1: A Star Wars Supplement (Hardcover) by Miniatures Team (Designer):

Here

Here

Someone can fix the links. :)

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 28 Mar 2007 : 00:40:36
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Agreed. Thanks for the information Hooded One. Being a "girly girl" myself I'd be interested to see how, exactly, the book handles the subject matter.

Well met

Well I ne'er had ye down as a "girly girl", my dear Rinonalyrna Oof!

Nail polish? Handbags? Shoes? Cosmetics? I like all of that, and yet here I am.
Alaundo Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 08:38:24
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Agreed. Thanks for the information Hooded One. Being a "girly girl" myself I'd be interested to see how, exactly, the book handles the subject matter.

Well met

Well I ne'er had ye down as a "girly girl", my dear Rinonalyrna Oof!
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 27 Mar 2007 : 02:02:39
quote:
Originally posted by Reefy

Sounds like an interesting idea, could be popular. And I agree with Ed's assessment that it's something that would have done no harm at all 30 years ago.

Reefy Posted - 25 Mar 2007 : 22:31:57
Sounds like an interesting idea, could be popular. And I agree with Ed's assessment that it's something that would have done no harm at all 30 years ago.
The Hooded One Posted - 25 Mar 2007 : 16:38:37
I asked Ed again about the Mazzanoble "Confessions" book, as I know he received and read an ARC.
He tells me this is a slender, humorously-written tome written for the COMPLETE and UTTER beginner to D&D (and roleplaying games in general). Said "beginner" is presumed to be, I gather (but perhaps incorrectly), what some would call a "girly girl" or young professional woman (lots of mentions of pedicures, fashion designers' names for handbags, cosmetics).
Ed said it was the best introduction to the extreme basics (these are "dice," these little model figurines are called "minis") he's ever read, and ends by nicely capturing the excitement and comradeship of playing a PC as a member of a party of adventurers.
With all that said, it's NOT for gamers. At all. It's for outsiders, to give them (with lots of jokes and quizzes and fashion comments along the way) the right idea of what D&D is really about. Most of us who already play D&D would consider it a waste of money if we bought it for ourselves.
Ed told me he wishes this book had been written and published way back when, at the height of the first "fad" popularity of D&D with Gygax at the helm, to attract lots of females into the gaming community. It would have had a huge impact then (but would have been written slightly differently, of course).
So there you are.
love to all,
THO
WalkerNinja Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 21:38:35
I might note that there was a 3E Villains Handbook published under the Kingdoms of Kalamar label. The first three chapters of it are really pretty good.

http://www.rpgshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=34997
Faraer Posted - 30 Jan 2007 : 20:12:43
'Confessions' and 'Hip' sound aggressive-passive. Shame this is published by Wizards of the Coast and is just (?) about D&D -- but then it's a shame only a quarter as many women as men play RPGs and Wizards doesn't have the guts to mass-advertise the game, so I'm glad to hear about this and hope Shelly's made a fun job of it.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 22:42:17
OK, thanks for the clarification. Still, it may be worth checking out if only to see how it approaches the subject matter.
The Hooded One Posted - 29 Jan 2007 : 03:46:07
Oh, Rinonalyrna, I don't think Ed is endorsing it for readers who are also gamers. I, too, think it's likely to be a lightweight "girlfriends of gamers plus hip chicks" version of D&D For Dummies. It could be VERY useful for them, but for us . . . not so much.
Ed will, of course, try to worm more information out of the lovely ladies of the Publishing group, in his oh-so-slick-n-subtle manner.
love,
THO
Kajehase Posted - 26 Jan 2007 : 17:38:28
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Yes, it's the same Shelly. WotC staffer. Google her and you'll also be able to read her amusing speed dating story for a Seattle paper, sex at the laundromat, et al.
Ed's eagerly awaiting the read to see how much humor she sneaks into it.
love,
THO

With that title there'd better be a lot of it...
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 26 Jan 2007 : 02:45:35
Well if you and Ed are so eager about that book, I'll try to be a bit more optimistic about it.
The Hooded One Posted - 26 Jan 2007 : 01:57:03
Yes, it's the same Shelly. WotC staffer. Google her and you'll also be able to read her amusing speed dating story for a Seattle paper, sex at the laundromat, et al.
Ed's eagerly awaiting the read to see how much humor she sneaks into it.
love,
THO
Kuje Posted - 26 Jan 2007 : 01:18:01
And to flush out some more 2007 products.

D&D Rules Compendium (Hardcover) by Chris Sims (Compiler) due out in October.

Dragons of Eberron by Keith Baker also due out in October.

Both are 160 pages and as usual, there's a thread on ENworld. :)
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 22:38:26
quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin
It sounds like a female-targeted variation on D&D for Dummies.

That in itself kind of bothers me--are females so different, in the realm of gameplaying, that we need our own separate book to tell us how to do it?

And I am also only partly an optimist--I am also a pessimist.
Jorkens Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 10:11:34
quote:

Originally posted by Grehnar
But we still buy them.
Admit it.
Even if you are determined not to buy them, you'll wait eagerly for a review from someone who has.
We're all optimists at heart.

Nope. Wont buy it and am absolutely a pessimist at heart

This sounds strange though I am slightly curious as to what sort of product this is.
Kuje Posted - 21 Jan 2007 : 01:41:09
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

quote:

This one is a odd sounding one.

Confessions of a Part-time Sorceress: A Hip Girl's Guide to the D&D Game (Paperback) by Shelly Mazzanoble, which is due out Sept 2007 according to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Part-time-Sorceress-Girls-Guide/dp/0786947268/

I'm not too sure about this.

I'm assuming this Shelly Mazzanoble is the same as the playwright Shelly Mazzanoble?

Not sure..... never heard of her but a poster on ENworld said, "Shelly's been an associate brand manager for WotC working on Neopets and Duel Masters lines and the like." Which seems to be true because her name is listed in the neopets book I found online if you do a search for her name and neopets in Google.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000