Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 2005 First Quarter Products

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 04:51:57
While browsing WOTC's site, I saw that the product list for 2005 had been updated.

For the FR, I see we have:

Ancient Empires by Travis Stout in 02/05 (I mentioned this possible product in another thread today).

and under new novels

The Rite by Richard Lee Byers in 01/05 and

Viper's Kiss by Lisa Smedman in 03/05.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SiriusBlack Posted - 30 Mar 2005 : 06:30:29
Sandstorm Map Gallery is now available.
SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Mar 2005 : 08:26:44
Product Spotlight: Sandstorm Editor Interview and A Sandstorm Web Enchancement are now posted.
SiriusBlack Posted - 17 Mar 2005 : 05:56:14
Use This Book Tonight: Sandstorm is available for those interested in the tome.

I saw on FRP Games that the street date for this product is this Friday.
The Sage Posted - 07 Aug 2004 : 06:10:41
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Ancient Empires looks promising... Codex Anathema: The Book of Aberrations may have potential, as well, but I'll likely wait until I can get that one for a bit cheaper. As far as the novels go, I'm really looking forward to The Rite.

I've already set aside some gold pieces for all three... especially Codex Anathema: The Book of Aberrations... You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this tome, since I first heard about it's production back in January....
O Love Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 22:20:32
Lina, there is no such a thing as a chronological order. ;)

Here is the list you called for: http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_books_date.html

Check out the following link for the 3 new cover pictures: http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_new.html
Lina Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 13:09:34
Can't wait, woot!! Although I'm not very upto date with my FR readings. (Some of the newer FR series published after 80s)

Suggestion to Alaundo: you know what would really help when you list down each FR novel/series in the library... the date they were first published. That way readers could establish a way of reading series/novels in chronological order.

It's a good thing I just got a pay rise. Now I can afford to catch up on my reading.
Strahd Von Zarovich Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 11:56:24
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Alexander Heppe

Anbody got an idea what "Sandstorm" "Codex Anathema" and "Dagger of Doom" will be about?

Alex

Id say its another Enviroment book like Frostburn

Sandstorm is indeed another book on how an Environment can affect gameplay. You do however get a few new PrC's and Environment related Monsters in these books.

The Codex Anathema I am looking forward to as it details some of the more "bizarre" creatures of the D&D setting such as Mind Flayers and Aboleths. I am looking forward to seeing some of the art inside that too, as of recent it has been of high quality.

As for Dagger of Doom, it is just another D&D core novel written for young readers from age 8 upwards.

Regards

Strahd Von Zarovich

:: Time to get back to my castle and preside over http://www.worldsofdnd.com ::
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 07:07:17
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Ancient Empires looks promising... Codex Anathema: The Book of Aberrations may have potential, as well, but I'll likely wait until I can get that one for a bit cheaper. As far as the novels go, I'm really looking forward to The Rite.

Ancient Empires and the FR novels are the only things that will be having me spend my cash.

Well, the Realms stuff is a given. But if I can snag a copy of Codex Anathema on the cheap, I will. I don't think I'm likely to drop more than $20 on it, though.
SiriusBlack Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 06:39:27
quote:

Ancient Empires and the FR novels are the only things that will be having me spend my cash.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 05:43:33
SiriusBlack Posted - 04 Aug 2004 : 03:09:20
The product page for 2005 has all the the products up again with functioning links.

That's an interesting cover for Resurrection. And I like the cover for Viper's Kiss although I cannot tell who is being featured on it.
Sarelle Posted - 30 Jul 2004 : 14:54:08
How mean!

I didn't get a chance to look yesterday.
SiriusBlack Posted - 30 Jul 2004 : 07:04:09
quote:
*snickers* Bane's boxers! The urge to ret-con things has spread to their website!

Now that deserves a
Wooly Rupert Posted - 30 Jul 2004 : 06:54:20
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

Oh boy, someone follow the link now. It seems someone at WOTC might have jumped the gun. The page has been updated, taking everything previously listed down and showing just Races of the Wild again.

*snickers* Bane's boxers! The urge to ret-con things has spread to their website!
SiriusBlack Posted - 30 Jul 2004 : 05:19:02
Oh boy, someone follow the link now. It seems someone at WOTC might have jumped the gun. The page has been updated, taking everything previously listed down and showing just Races of the Wild again.
hammer of Moradin Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 17:03:56
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

So Ancient Empires, huh. And Ancient Empires. Then we have Ancient Empires. When you get done reading through that you can pick up a copy of Ancient Empires. Man, my bookshelves are gonna be full!

Just in case there's more room on said bookshelves SB, what other 'generic' products do they list for the RPG line?

Hold on, looks like hammer of Moradin is trying to take the title of Candlekeeps most sarcastic scribe away from Sirius

Taking that title from SB is going to be quite an undertaking, similar to getting Shar and Selūne to play a peaceful game of Monopoly.

I'll just stick with facetious for now. Thanks.
Faraer Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 16:14:54
He hasn't; presumably it's just to get them in print as mass market paperbacks, as they should be.
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 15:29:56
quote:

I was disappointed to see the FR novel releases.... theres nothing in the first quarter other than The Rite which is new. Whats with all the reprints of Spellfire, Crown of Fire, Hand of Fire, Silverfall and The Crystal Shard? Are WotC going to reprint the whole backlist?! This is the third time for Shandril's Saga as it is

Yes, I was suprised as well at the large number of reprints bunched together in the first quarter. Anyone know if EG in his thread has commented on these novels being reprinted?
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 13:33:04
quote:

*dusts himself off, afterwards kissing his greater ring of energy resistance(fire) *

Unfortuantely for you it was a VILE Flame strike
Alexander Heppe Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 13:28:14
*dusts himself off, afterwards kissing his greater ring of energy resistance(fire) *
Phobos Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 12:07:03
well there *is* resurrection!
Lord Rad Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 11:27:09
I was disappointed to see the FR novel releases.... theres nothing in the first quarter other than The Rite which is new. Whats with all the reprints of Spellfire, Crown of Fire, Hand of Fire, Silverfall and The Crystal Shard? Are WotC going to reprint the whole backlist?! This is the third time for Shandril's Saga as it is
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 10:35:21
quote:

That“s what I guessed as well. Another environment book. I REALLY hope that WotC finally manages to put some more rules, spells, feats and especially PrCs in there. Right now, counting in all the FR-Sourcebooks and Expansions you have just too few options. What really disappoints me is the anouncement of Ancient Empires. Sounds like too much boring backstory for me. Who wants that anyways, huh?

And the "complete" series is about to end after Complete Adventurer? Hopefully they follow up with a "even more complete" series. But by that time they“ll probably have anounced 4th edition...

"Codex Anathema" sounds to me like it would fit in the Draconomicon/Libris Mortis kind of supllement. But "Dagger of Doom"???

*Repeatedly Flame strikes Alex until theres nothing left but a chared body*
Alexander Heppe Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 09:49:19
That“s what I guessed as well. Another environment book. I REALLY hope that WotC finally manages to put some more rules, spells, feats and especially PrCs in there. Right now, counting in all the FR-Sourcebooks and Expansions you have just too few options. What really disappoints me is the anouncement of Ancient Empires. Sounds like too much boring backstory for me. Who wants that anyways, huh?

And the "complete" series is about to end after Complete Adventurer? Hopefully they follow up with a "even more complete" series. But by that time they“ll probably have anounced 4th edition...

"Codex Anathema" sounds to me like it would fit in the Draconomicon/Libris Mortis kind of supllement. But "Dagger of Doom"???
Wooly Rupert Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 09:48:56
quote:

quote:

So Ancient Empires, huh. And Ancient Empires. Then we have Ancient Empires. When you get done reading through that you can pick up a copy of Ancient Empires. Man, my bookshelves are gonna be full!

Just in case there's more room on said bookshelves SB, what other 'generic' products do they list for the RPG line?

Hold on, looks like hammer of Moradin is trying to take the title of Candlekeeps most sarcastic scribe away from Sirius

Taking that title from SB is going to be quite an undertaking, similar to getting Shar and Selūne to play a peaceful game of Monopoly.
Dargoth Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 08:49:14
quote:

Anbody got an idea what "Sandstorm" "Codex Anathema" and "Dagger of Doom" will be about?

Alex

Id say its another Enviroment book like Frostburn
Lord Rad Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 08:38:17
quote:

Thanks for the info Sirius

Yet ANOTHER rerelease of Shandril's Saga!? Hmmmmmmm
Alexander Heppe Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 08:01:30

Alex
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 06:48:25
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth
What the?

Races of EBERRON and Magic of Krynn?!??!?!

Im SURE Ive seen similar names to that for another setting.......

Didn't Greyhawk have some books with similar names?
SiriusBlack Posted - 29 Jul 2004 : 06:47:21
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

As is so often the case when catalog pages are first updated, all the links return one to the main WotC page, and likely will do for the next day or two. If we're lucky, there will be some more information up by, say, Monday. :)

This Monday?

It's always nice to meet an optimist.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000