Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Races of the Wild

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SiriusBlack Posted - 05 May 2004 : 19:25:49
WOTC has posted the cover image and details for Races of the Wild.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/dndacc/179280000

Hopefully, this link will remain up

Thoughts? Opinions?
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
The Sage Posted - 27 Feb 2005 : 15:23:19
Which one? RotW or LEoF?

Seriously, I know which one. I was just thinking what would happen if you turned around and said otherwise.
Alaundo Posted - 19 Feb 2005 : 09:17:25
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

There's a Use This Book Tonight feature for this tome now. Has anyone obtained this item yet? I see it became available on some online vendors about the same time LEOF did.

When I went to my FLGS yesterday, Races of the Wild was sitting right next to Lost Empires of Faerūn. And of course, I left it sitting there.

Well met

Well at least thou hast Lost Empires of Faerūn, Wooly Rupert, for that would have been unforgivable

I WILL be picking up Races of the Wild today, however, as this is the most intestering of the "Races of" tomes for me...elves being my favorite race.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Feb 2005 : 22:36:45
quote:

There's a Use This Book Tonight feature for this tome now. Has anyone obtained this item yet? I see it became available on some online vendors about the same time LEOF did.

When I went to my FLGS yesterday, Races of the Wild was sitting right next to Lost Empires of Faerūn. And of course, I left it sitting there.
Mareka Posted - 18 Feb 2005 : 19:16:17
I have a copy, if anyone has any questions.
SiriusBlack Posted - 18 Feb 2005 : 17:18:49
SiriusBlack Posted - 05 Feb 2005 : 16:21:59
There is a designer interview

and

an excerpt now available.
Mareka Posted - 04 Feb 2005 : 22:40:41
In a book about elves and halflings, I sure hope there's some good support for light, dextrous fighters. The Champion of Corellon looks promising but we'll have to see, I guess.
SiriusBlack Posted - 04 Feb 2005 : 14:19:36
Time to Get Wild! Ten Reasons for DMs to Buy Races of the Wild is now posted.

I see we have new deities. Given that Races of Stone had new deities, I'm not surprised. I am curious to learn more about "Alobal Lorfiril (also known as the Reveler, from the elf pantheon)". The killoren are also making me want to take a look. And detailed NPCs too...hmmm....
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Feb 2005 : 23:11:01
quote:

Some Desktop wallpapers are now available.

I like the Champion of Corellon Larethian. Although if she is a true champion, she needs to stop posing for wallpapers and head quickly to the High Forest or Evereska region.

Well, you know how elves tend to take the long view... So she obviously thinks she doesn't have to hurry.
SiriusBlack Posted - 03 Feb 2005 : 15:13:30
Some Desktop wallpapers are now available.

I like the Champion of Corellon Larethian. Although if she is a true champion, she needs to stop posing for wallpapers and head quickly to the High Forest or Evereska region.
SiriusBlack Posted - 31 Jan 2005 : 06:06:03
Ten Reason for Players to Buy Races of the Wild
is now up on the WOTC site.
SiriusBlack Posted - 06 Jan 2005 : 07:01:57
This month's In the Works offers an excerpt from this tome.
SiriusBlack Posted - 12 Aug 2004 : 17:07:07
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Races of Destiny looks more interesting. But that's not what this topic is about so.

The ENWorld news update stated that the Amazon listing for Destiny contained some new information. In looking at this listing, I found only one thing of note:

quote:

The book contains material for players and DMs alike, including new prestige classes, rules for interaction between races, and a wealth of cultural information.

I'll be very curious to see what WOTC's definition of a "wealth of cultural information" actually means.
Lord Rad Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 11:06:30
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Ooh, so is there any elven subrace that you have focused on particularly in your works, or is it simply covering the elves in general?

Id say elves in general (sorry if that disappoints ) but I do prefer wild elves (the way they were intended, IMO) and use those as my stereotypes and basis. From various Realms locales too, I havent just concentrated on one particular area. Some of the material is from ten year old campaigns and such.

(better not clog up this thread any further, were going off topic )
The Sage Posted - 07 Jun 2004 : 10:44:03
Ooh, so is there any elven subrace that you have focused on particularly in your works, or is it simply covering the elves in general?
Lord Rad Posted - 06 Jun 2004 : 17:06:14
quote:

Elves of Sithicus chat... hmmmm... I don't remember. Anyway, I look forward to reading your future elven works Rad. Do you have anything on the wild elves of the Realms...?

Not too much on that Sage, but there is something. I have to get a lot of my old campaign material from the attic so once I have it all ill be sure to send it in
The Sage Posted - 05 Jun 2004 : 05:01:00
Elves of Sithicus chat... hmmmm... I don't remember. Anyway, I look forward to reading your future elven works Rad. Do you have anything on the wild elves of the Realms...?
Lord Rad Posted - 04 Jun 2004 : 13:37:24
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Rad

Oooooooo Very nice cover art

Im actually quite looking forward to this product as it deals with my favorite races.

Wild elves are one of your favorite races...? You mean to tell me that we could have been having interesting 'wild-elven chat' sessions all this time...?

Certainly Sage, I always favor the elves over all other races. I intend to send in some of my FR-specifics here at Candlekeep once ive managed to locate some of my old documents. I wont talk about it here though for fear of going off topic. (In fact I seem to remember Alaundo put a stop to our Elves of Sithicus chat not too long ago )
The Sage Posted - 04 Jun 2004 : 10:17:44
quote:

Im actually quite looking forward to this product as it deals with my favorite races.

Wild elves are one of your favorite races...? You mean to tell me that we could have been having interesting 'wild-elven chat' sessions all this time...?
SiriusBlack Posted - 04 Jun 2004 : 04:44:25
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Yeah the cover Image looks really nice.

If anyone finds out who the artist is for the cover please let me know.
Hymn Posted - 04 Jun 2004 : 01:38:26
Yeah the cover Image looks really nice. Alltough that would be about the only reason I would by it. On the other hand one can never have to much information, and perhaps I'll find something I like once more information about the product is released.
Races of Destiny looks more interesting. But that's not what this topic is about so.

SiriusBlack Posted - 03 Jun 2004 : 22:45:28
quote:
Oh come now, Sirius, youre getting more down and disgruntled with WotC by the second

How come asking a simple question calls for being disgruntled? Unless of course I'm hitting close to the truth.

quote:

Still, I suppose Eberron season is soon to take hold Doooooooommm We're all dooooommmmmmmmed!

Now, now fellow scribe. No need to panic... Sorry, couldn't resist.
Lord Rad Posted - 03 Jun 2004 : 22:26:06
quote:

quote:

I'd like to see a bigger image, but it does look good. I wonder how much recycled art will be found within.

Oh come now, Sirius, youre getting more down and disgruntled with WotC by the second

Still, I suppose Eberron season is soon to take hold Doooooooommm We're all dooooommmmmmmmed!
SiriusBlack Posted - 03 Jun 2004 : 15:25:44
quote:

I'd like to see a bigger image, but it does look good. I wonder how much recycled art will be found within.
Lord Rad Posted - 03 Jun 2004 : 08:53:51

SiriusBlack Posted - 10 May 2004 : 17:01:26
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Look up a few posts, Lord Rad, Sirius already brought us that news.
On the TSR prefix-I'd guess it's meant to differentiate them from Magic products and such.

There was an explanation on the ENWorld messageboard in a thread devoted to this news. I believe your explanation is exactly the reason for the TSR prefix.
The Sage Posted - 10 May 2004 : 14:58:58
Yes, and I feel that I must again apologise on Brax's behalf. The mess he'd made in the dungeon at the time you were assigned that cleaning detail was simply the result of him ignoring my advice about what happens when you mix acids and bases

Arivia Posted - 10 May 2004 : 14:42:13
quote:

Either that, or you've simply allowed the title of "Lord" to go to your head .

I was very careful to include the full title when addressing "Lord" Rad, lest I be assigned to cleaning detail again...
The Sage Posted - 10 May 2004 : 13:20:37
Either that, or you've simply allowed the title of "Lord" to go to your head .
Lord Rad Posted - 10 May 2004 : 10:55:41
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Look up a few posts, Lord Rad, Sirius already brought us that news.
On the TSR prefix-I'd guess it's meant to differentiate them from Magic products and such.

Oops, sorry Thatll teach me to not to post before checking my Active Topics

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000