Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Season of the Witch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Diffan Posted - 03 Jan 2011 : 05:54:19
There's a new fantasy movie staring Nicolas Cage coming out Jan. 7th called Season of the Witch. Who's gonna see it or does it look completly lame?

EDIT: Added YouTube trailer.
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dennis Posted - 10 Feb 2011 : 11:29:46

I would have appreciated it [even a little] had she been a real witch or had the demon been a seneschal of an archfiend and opened a gateway to hell for his lord and his lackeys to enter the world.

The spell of banishment was also ridiculous. Far too long.
Diffan Posted - 08 Feb 2011 : 19:33:43
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

This movie is boring. I almost walked out the cinema in the middle part of the movie, but managed to convince myself that maybe something very interesting would be shown towards the end. Alas, I just wasted my time!

I wouldn't go that far. I thought they kept the audience in good suspence as to what the girl's "true motives" were until further into the movie. Though the CGI was a bit cheesy at the end with the Demon and everything. Still, I thought the costumes were very well done and close to historically accurate. Plust I like Ron Pearlman
Dennis Posted - 08 Feb 2011 : 02:50:06

This movie is boring. I almost walked out the cinema in the middle part of the movie, but managed to convince myself that maybe something very interesting would be shown towards the end. Alas, I just wasted my time!
Dennis Posted - 21 Jan 2011 : 01:59:15
He already sold it...

Edit: Oh, I forgot, he's got one left: Midford Castle.
The Red Walker Posted - 21 Jan 2011 : 01:50:40
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Wooly Rupert[/iWhat's the basic plot of Season of the Witch?

As if you don't know.......Mr. Cage

I shouldn't mind having his looks... Or his money!

Or the one Castle he has left!

I just realized we went through all that without any name calling...we should get a gold star O Wooly One!
Dennis Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 22:34:59
quote:

quote:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Wooly Rupert[/iWhat's the basic plot of Season of the Witch?

But he's old and his hair is receding. He should have shaved his head.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 20:11:45
quote:

quote:

The Red Walker Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 19:53:34
quote:

Diffan Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 10:54:40
Supernatural threats include a pack of wolves that, when attacking, have their faces change to look menacing like a Krenshar from the monster manual but the skin doesn't actually peel back.

I actually had some reservations about her being a witch or not. It keeps you guessing for the first half of the movie, but then playes itself out well in the end. The script wasn't great, to be sure, but the overall effects, costumes, and conclusion I was happy with.
Dennis Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 09:10:41
Witch or not I'm going to watch this movie.

Sadly, I don't know when this will be shown here in the Phil. It's not even in the 'coming soon' yet...
Kentinal Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 05:29:06
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Hmmm, interesting. I'll be inclined to see what constitutes the supernatural threats, I think.

Well, I have seen some reviews and the reviewers do not appear to indicate she is a witch, one indicating she was another power, one other appeared to believe the movie was more about the males ten the woman. There of course other reviews that liked the movie, however even non I have seen have said she was a witch.

In D&D we all know of many races that have powers, some for good and others for evil. The lady might be either a force of good or evil, I do not know yet.
The Sage Posted - 19 Jan 2011 : 00:39:36
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

A plague afflicts the land. The Church has arrested a woman believed to be the witch who caused the sickness. To end it, she must be taken to a monastery where the monks can destroy the evil she embodies with a special ritual. Two disillusioned knights just back from the Crusades and a few other guys are given the task of getting her to the monastery. Various threats, supernatural and otherwise, make the journey perilous, and over it all hangs the question, is the prisoner really a witch, or is there something else at work?

Hmmm, interesting. I'll be inclined to see what constitutes the supernatural threats, I think.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 18:37:38
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

A plague afflicts the land. The Church has arrested a woman believed to be the witch who caused the sickness. To end it, she must be taken to a monastery where the monks can destroy the evil she embodies with a special ritual. Two disillusioned knights just back from the Crusades and a few other guys are given the task of getting her to the monastery. Various threats, supernatural and otherwise, make the journey perilous, and over it all hangs the question, is the prisoner really a witch, or is there something else at work?

Thank you most kindly!
Richard Lee Byers Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 17:23:16
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 17:00:22
quote:

A guarantee is too strong a word, but do you think Francis Ford Coppola knew who he was when he cast him for Rumble Fish(his first big role) and Peggy Sue got Married? If he did know he was his nephew, its not too big a leap to think word got around.

I just remebered how good he was in Leaving Las Vegas.

Sorry for the unintentioned threadjack, lets get back to Season of the Witch.

Well, sure, but according to Wikipedia: "He tried out for the role of Dallas Winston in his uncle's film The Outsiders, based on S.E. Hinton's novel, but lost to Matt Dillon."

What's the basic plot of Season of the Witch?
The Red Walker Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 16:17:53
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And the answer to why he keeps getting big time roles?

It's good to have an uncle.....

Francis Ford Coppola ring any bells.....talk about a pedigree.

True, but the reason he chose not to go by his birthname was to avoid that association. His last name at birth actually was Coppola.

I'd say it avoids it to the general public, but I can guarantee every casting director, director and producer who hired him knew exactly who he was.

Now if we could just figure out who Keanu reeves big shot relative is

Not to be rude, but if you're going to make a statement like that, I'd like to see some proof backing it up.

Someone intending to play the family card doesn't take an entirely unrelated surname.

I'd rather see you prove you original comment. Your acting like everything in Holloyweird is up front and in the public eye. Can you prove they didnt know who he is?

I made no assertations other than a publicly stated fact: he changed his name to not cash in on the Coppola lineage. And it's only logical to assume that someone wanting to cash in on their name would not then change that name.

A guarantee, on the other hand, is a pretty strong assertation. If you're guaranteeing something, the burden of proof falls on you.

A guarantee is too strong a word, but do you think Francis Ford Coppola knew who he was when he cast him for Rumble Fish(his first big role) and Peggy Sue got Married? If he did know he was his nephew, its not too big a leap to think word got around.

I just remebered how good he was in Leaving Las Vegas.

Sorry for the unintentioned threadjack, lets get back to Season of the Witch.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 15:51:10
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

True, but the reason he chose not to go by his birthname was to avoid that association. His last name at birth actually was Coppola.

I'd say it avoids it to the general public, but I can guarantee every casting director, director and producer who hired him knew exactly who he was.

Not to be rude, but if you're going to make a statement like that, I'd like to see some proof backing it up.

Someone intending to play the family card doesn't take an entirely unrelated surname.

I'd rather see you prove you original comment. Your acting like everything in Holloyweird is up front and in the public eye. Can you prove they didnt know who he is?

I made no assertations other than a publicly stated fact: he changed his name to not cash in on the Coppola lineage. And it's only logical to assume that someone wanting to cash in on their name would not then change that name.

A guarantee, on the other hand, is a pretty strong assertation. If you're guaranteeing something, the burden of proof falls on you.
The Red Walker Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 14:58:44
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wooly Rupert Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 05:16:32
quote:

quote:

quote:

Richard Lee Byers Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 03:59:32
Bardobaros: I didn't care for it, and in my case, it's not because I don't like Cage. I actually like him fine, but this particular movie just didn't work for me.
The Red Walker Posted - 18 Jan 2011 : 00:11:51
quote:

quote:

BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 21:41:22
Wait til the cheapie seats

Have anyone else seen the movie except Diffan???In order to tell me their opinion about the film !!!
Wooly Rupert Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 04:33:04
quote:

The Red Walker Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 02:26:37

The Red Walker Posted - 17 Jan 2011 : 02:22:44
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

I am still trying to figure out who Nicolas Cage is? Web search indicated he was in 60 movies (some very minor parts)and that is all about him that I know.

He's the main guy in this and a lot of other movies. I think my faves with him are The Rock and the first National Treasure (the second was meh, at best).

Sean Connery carried that movie, I forgot any other actors of note were in it

I think the only one of his movies he didn't hold back was Raising Arizona....and maybe Gone in 60 seconds.
Diffan Posted - 16 Jan 2011 : 19:33:31
Well I saw the movie last night and I was really suprised. Not having much knowledge going into it, I figured it was Fantasy in nature, dealing with some sort of Witch or saving some damsel in distress. It's not.

I don't have the time to delve into the movie, but I'd give it a solid B, possibly B+ because I loved the costumes and swords.
Dennis Posted - 13 Jan 2011 : 05:29:43
quote:

I am still trying to figure out who Nicolas Cage is? Web search indicated he was in 60 movies (some very minor parts)and that is all about him that I know.

He's the sorcerer in The Sorcerer's Apprentice, which Allistair made a thread about in the Gen Chat section.

This movie should been showing here in the Philippines by now, but the month-long, nationwide Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is causing the delay.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 13 Jan 2011 : 03:22:06
quote:

He's the main guy in this and a lot of other movies. I think my faves with him are The Rock and the first National Treasure (the second was meh, at best).
Kentinal Posted - 13 Jan 2011 : 01:43:00
The Red Walker Posted - 13 Jan 2011 : 01:11:13
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Nicolas Cage? Automatic "Pass" for me.

I'm close to that, but more like automatic $1 red box rental, only because most of the movies he acts(or doesn't act ) in are big enough to overcome his style.(which I best describe as someone who has the emotions botoxed and are stiff and frozen)

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000