Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Are the WotC boards down again?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Markustay Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 19:48:40
Since Wooly closed my last topic where I kept track of these things (for good reason), I was wondering if everyone else was having trouble accessing their boards?

They announced that the boards were being shut down for 'major maintenance' all day Sunday, but then they started acting wonky yesterday (Friday), being up and down during parts of the day, and I was just wondering if they decided to pull the plug a day early?

Considering my 'borderline status' there half the time, I'm never sure if it's their site, or if I've finally been banned. Please let me know if the rest of you are having problems as well.
28   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hawkins Posted - 11 Jul 2008 : 17:26:55
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Unfortunately, I ran into the gremlins today when trying to log on here. I had avoided mentioning them the past couple of weeks because I had not had seen any and did not want to attract their attention. I guess it didn't work.
Aye.

It's best that you mention each and every important occurence though -- especially if they quickly become repetitive.
*grimly shakes off the Gremlin biting his ankle and points a finger at The Sage* "I blame you! Ever since they heard you talking about your attempt to relocate them, they have returned in force! I have not been able to go anywhere in these halls for the past two days with out seeing one or more of them!"

On a more serious note: the Gremlins are out in force again...
The Sage Posted - 11 Jul 2008 : 01:29:37
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Things got MUCH better here right around the time WotC started having severe problems, so I think Sage's 'they followed me home' theory may indeed be correct.
That is, of course, if you accept that WotC is my FR home. But we both know that's not the case.
The Sage Posted - 11 Jul 2008 : 01:22:22
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Unfortunately, I ran into the gremlins today when trying to log on here. I had avoided mentioning them the past couple of weeks because I had not had seen any and did not want to attract their attention. I guess it didn't work.
Aye.

It's best that you mention each and every important occurence though -- especially if they quickly become repetitive.
Markustay Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 20:52:57
I've had considerable luck posting here lately - a couple of weeks ago I was almost ready to give-up, it was so bad.

Things got MUCH better here right around the time WotC started having severe problems, so I think Sage's 'they followed me home' theory may indeed be correct.

I'm glad to see you left a few behind - I can't say I'lll miss the little buggers.

As for WotC... most of you know what I think. They went 'Alpha' almost a year ago, and promised a FINISHED version by the time 4e went on the shelves. Now we have 4e - no comment - and they aren't even in BETA yet!!!

And they expect people to start paying for that.

Everday it's a crap-shoot weather I can even logon.
Hawkins Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 17:27:49
quote:

Well, as I said, they're very loyal. Bribing them to stay at WotC simply won't work.
The Sage Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 06:12:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

Maybe Candlekeep's infamous gremlins followed me over to the WotC boards.

They're intensely loyal... in their own way!

I'd much rather that they stay there, to be perfectly honest!

Well, as I said, they're very loyal. Bribing them to stay at WotC simply won't work.
Kuje Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 04:41:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kes_Alanadel

quote:

ME TO! ME TO!

I've seen a few has escaped again to torment 'Keep this past week or two. Grumbles!
Kes_Alanadel Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 04:28:23
quote:

The Sage Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 04:01:06

MerrikCale Posted - 10 Jul 2008 : 03:49:41
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I was posting today...and then the board went down again.

it is pretty ridiculous
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 09 Jul 2008 : 03:18:02
I was posting today...and then the board went down again.
Hawkins Posted - 08 Jul 2008 : 23:50:53
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:
Originally posted by Jamallo Kreen

They are supposed to be down until mid-July, at least, with the stated possibility that they won't go back up until 23 July 2008. They are presently read-only, if they are up at all.
-Being that I have not hear this, I am going to claim it to be false. Where did you learn this information?
I managed to get on the boards (and post) this past Sunday night.
And I was able to post yesterday. I got on today, but did not find anything that I felt I needed to post on, but I assume you can post if you want to.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 08 Jul 2008 : 23:07:55
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

quote:

They are supposed to be down until mid-July, at least, with the stated possibility that they won't go back up until 23 July 2008. They are presently read-only, if they are up at all.

-Being that I have not hear this, I am going to claim it to be false. Where did you learn this information?

I managed to get on the boards (and post) this past Sunday night.
Lord Karsus Posted - 07 Jul 2008 : 20:15:42
quote:

The Sage Posted - 07 Jul 2008 : 04:09:02
Whoa! It's been years since I've thought about anything Flint-related.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 07 Jul 2008 : 04:03:14
quote:

Now you know.

<Flint>And knowing is half the battle.</Flint>

GI Joe!

*I'm sure I'm not the only person who thought of doing this quote!
Jamallo Kreen Posted - 07 Jul 2008 : 03:41:37

I'm actually glad that this scroll is here, so that I can display my erudition by stating to my fellow scribes that "flectomancy," as in "Goblin Flectomancer" means divination by the interpretation of bends or turns. Given the flavor text on that Time Spiral card, however, I think that the correct word would be "thaumaflector," one who works wonders by bending something (in this case, thoughts bent to flow into the brain of a goblin). Now you know.

Lord Karsus Posted - 06 Jul 2008 : 21:35:05
-Here's the deal (and, mind you, I am not a computer technician):

A) The WotC boards use two different databases to "back up" the posts that are made on the boards. At some point last week, one of the databases was damaged/corrupted. More specifically, the database that held/backed up the older posts was damaged/corrupted. As a result, there was a problem last week where posts that were made before the point when the database became damaged/corrupted were not showing up, while all posts made after this point (that were on the undamaged/uncorrupted database) were not.

B) The WotC boards are having trouble with the vBulletin script, due to increased traffic due to the release of 4e, and for whatever other reasons. Combined with the fact that the boards are still running on Gleemax ALPHA structure, there are still kinks that haven't been worked out.

C) The structure of the boards are changing, for those who don't know. For example, all of the 3e topics have been moved into their own section, being as that 4e is the current system. Boards are still in the process of being moved, shrinked, expanded and collapsed. The Forgotten Realms section, for instance, will be receiving an extra forum (and, based on the numbers, it is likely that a third might be warranted, in the future), thanks to the continued and increased contribution of everyone, and the efforts of yours truly. As such, when things are shuffled, the boards are put off-line, to complete the changes.
Kentinal Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 23:35:17
They are fixing the bloody thing, give them (whoever them are) a few hours to post a notice of an unplanned outtage. One even had an estimate of when they might be up again.

As noted by another the Boards that should not be mentioned *wink* has had an increase of downtime complaits. WotC bkames increased trafice, others point to code adjustments. *shrugs*
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 23:32:03
BTW, I tried to go on before and couldn't. The boards were (and might still be) down.
Mkhaiwati Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 23:27:55
I haven't been there in months. The last time I had a reply was on KnightErrantJR's "What I want for FR" thread years ago, and I see where that got us

Markustay Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 23:18:20
Okay - thanks for the responses people.

I 'took a shot' at Chris Perkins yesterday, and I thought they cut me off.

Thanks for letting me know its everbody and not just me.

(I get paranoid sometimes).
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 21:48:18
It's far more likely to be a matter of the boards being down than of people being banned. The WotC boards have been very wonky as of late.
Wooly Rupert Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 21:20:40
I took a look at the Ask Rich thread earlier today, but there was nothing new there. Now when I try to get back to the thread, I get a page telling me I don't have access to it.
Ayunken-vanzan Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 21:00:13
I tried to look for a thread about dragonborn in the realms on the Wizzard's realm's board where Lord Karsus this morning pointed to an old preview of the dragonborn in "Races of the Dragon" and asked if somebody knows anything about them (he seems to know nothing about WotC retconning just another race making it a bloody mess once again). But I cannot find any of their boards, and since I am not even registered there, I cannot be banned; so, yes, their boards are down.
BARDOBARBAROS Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 20:58:11
Me too i can not enter!! may be they want payment for every minute spent in the forum
Uzzy Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 20:26:48
I'm more amazed when the WoTC boards are actually up.

And yes, they are down for me too.
MerrikCale Posted - 05 Jul 2008 : 20:18:07
I cannot get on myself

Maybe we're both banned

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000