Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 July and beyond

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Patrakis Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 18:32:16
The new preview article for july gives a sneak peak into the FRCS.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pr/20080703a

The map looks good :)

Pat
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Aaron Highcolor Posted - 09 Jul 2008 : 18:33:26
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Nah - they all have text-messaging in 4e.

No, no, no!

They have instant messaging, but they speak in internet chat, LOLZ!

And as far as the map goes, it doesn't look much different than any other map that was in any web content for the Realms that was produced previously.
Quale Posted - 09 Jul 2008 : 11:56:28
6 to 5, it's to attract new players, 6 names was to much
Markustay Posted - 08 Jul 2008 : 04:37:13
Nah - they all have text-messaging in 4e.
MerrikCale Posted - 08 Jul 2008 : 03:22:57
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm a little curious as to how the anonymous Council of Six became the openly-identifiable Council of Five.

Conference call
Cyria Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 07:35:57
I see Cyric is getting away with quite a few things. Did they kill off Waukeen so he could have the merchants too?

Hah. And people whined about Mystra being a disruptive author's pet who had the setting distorted to fit her.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 03:47:15
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Just one of things we love about you.

Awww, thanks.

The Red Walker Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 02:53:56
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

I hate it all, it sucks!

Sorry, I just felt like being flippant.

Just one of things we love about you.
And my opinion is very similar to yours on this.
Rinonalyrna Fathomlin Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 02:09:39
I hate it all, it sucks!

Sorry, I just felt like being flippant.
The Sage Posted - 04 Jul 2008 : 01:44:51
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'm a little curious as to how the anonymous Council of Six became the openly-identifiable Council of Five.
I'm not sure why the anonymity of the Council has been lost. As for the reduction in the number of members... Perhaps the role of commanding the military forces in Amn has fallen to a member of the army itself. Or maybe the role of Dahaunarch has been taken over by another member of the Council, like the Meisarch for example -- adding the command of the army to it's portfolio of internal defense. [If that's the case though, then that's an significant increase in the Meisarch's power and influence within Amn.]
Ranak Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 22:52:13
I thought Cyric was down and out in 4e, yet his clergy is still influential and powerful according to this article. I wonder if someone assumed his portfolio, or if he can still grant spells despite being punished for his hand in Mystra's demise.

It certainly sets the stage for future adventures and/or novels where he resurfaces yet again.

"Church of Cyric: Cyric’s faith is powerful in Amn, since it espouses as virtues ambition, self-reliance, and the principle of “buyer beware.” The church is not seen as particularly murderous or antisocial by most Amnians. Those initiated into the deeper circles of the faith know otherwise. Merchants who don’t want to suffer mysterious monster attacks against their caravans and ships pay off the Black Sun. Many wish to arrange such things for their rivals and willingly participate in every sort of degradation and initiation demanded by the Prince of Lies. The Cyricists are working to elevate the Pommarch to the position of council leader."

quote:
Originally posted by Patrakis

Oh? Well they remind me of the maps done by our very own Yak Tundra and thought those were very interesting.

As for the style of 3e, well it's all a mather of taste but very much disliked the style.

Pat

Patrakis Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 20:48:54
Oh? Well they remind me of the maps done by our very own Yak Tundra and thought those were very interesting.

As for the style of 3e, well it's all a mather of taste but very much disliked the style.

Pat
Markustay Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 20:19:38
I'm glad I learned about layering in Photoshop.

Should be a snap to update my map to 4e... if I ever feel so inclined.

I liked 3e's maps - the style will always be the 'epitome' of fantasy cartographic elegance in my book.

Anyhow, I haven't had time to read about Amn, but that picture of a fortress(?) looks like a scene from a video-game, and the minis still look like ugly, melted lumps of plastic in 4e.

Can't they whip those little Chinese Kids into producing better work?
Wooly Rupert Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 20:18:59
Garen Thal Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 19:59:20
Except that that isn't the actual cover, just like Treasure Trove is Adventurer's Vault now.

If only our previews could, yanno, keep up with the actually-released information...
Uzzy Posted - 03 Jul 2008 : 19:19:27
No, no it doesn't.

And I find it amusing that they are still using the Drizzy cover for the FRCG.

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000