Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Blackstaff: Chapters 28 - 40
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Conlon
Learned Scribe

Canada
132 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2006 :  07:40:08  Show Profile  Visit Conlon's Homepage Send Conlon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fantastic book. The only complaint I have is that it seemed to get a bit rushed near the end. I believe Mr. Schend deserved at least two books to tell this tale, and that he could have easily done so. The book was a refreshing change of pace and was a lot of fun to read. The use of so many Realms luminaries was quite welcome, and I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

So, Mr. Schend, is there any chance of getting some stats for the new-and-improved Tsarra? Just a ballpark type thing? Please?

My hopes are ashes, my dreams are dust. All my intentions mean nothing unless they are followed by action.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  04:27:13  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobROE

Did the ritual clense the entire high moor? Or just the area in and around the city?



It's very specific--they only managed to cleanse the area between all the 9 sentinel tors and the city. Thus, there's now a clean patch along the shores of the lake about 50 miles in diameter and it'll continue to grow about an inch a month until all is restored a few centuries from now unless circumstances change.

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  04:28:17  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wandering_mage

How did Mentor Wintercloak and company come back to life? Are they Baelnorn? The same goes for Ualair and Rhymallos? Did they have a contingency spell in place for this event? Just curious.



They weren't dead, so they didn't have to come back to life.

Very specific contingency/stasis spells, which I'll be unlikely to detail as they're hardly necessary beyond stating that's what they are/were.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  04:28:48  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Conlon

Fantastic book. The only complaint I have is that it seemed to get a bit rushed near the end. I believe Mr. Schend deserved at least two books to tell this tale, and that he could have easily done so. The book was a refreshing change of pace and was a lot of fun to read. The use of so many Realms luminaries was quite welcome, and I'm surprised that this doesn't happen more often.

So, Mr. Schend, is there any chance of getting some stats for the new-and-improved Tsarra? Just a ballpark type thing? Please?



Ballpark: Ranger 3/Sorcerer 10/Arcane Archer 2

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  04:31:27  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

I regret we didn't get to work Piergeiron or other Lords into the story. Even so, it may be some time before Piergeiron learns that the Blackstaff is no longer Khelben.....


So, will Tsarra become a Lord of Waterdeep?



Thanks for the kind words, Wooly. Now what about your reactions to Kyri's presence in the book?

And no, it's unlikely she'll be a Lord of Waterdeep. One of her first duties will be to reveal to Piergeiron (and no one else in the Lords) that Khelben is dead but for Waterdeep's sake, she'll continue to appear as him. She has to turn the Lords' Effects back over to him....
....though she, with Khelben's memories, knows how to avoid the backlashes et al, since he created them with Ahghairon and she has his knowledge.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  04:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend


They weren't dead, so they didn't have to come back to life.



Are any of them single, eligible bachelors? Also, just to let you know, I sent you an email.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 24 Jul 2006 04:53:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
36141 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  05:34:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

And no, it's unlikely she'll be a Lord of Waterdeep. One of her first duties will be to reveal to Piergeiron (and no one else in the Lords) that Khelben is dead but for Waterdeep's sake, she'll continue to appear as him. She has to turn the Lords' Effects back over to him....
....though she, with Khelben's memories, knows how to avoid the backlashes et al, since he created them with Ahghairon and she has his knowledge.

Steven



Interesting... 'Tis also interesting that this leaves an empty slot among the Lords.

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend


Thanks for the kind words, Wooly. Now what about your reactions to Kyri's presence in the book?


There wasn't enough of her! The next book needs to be all about her!


Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  06:56:08  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ualair is mine, Rino. My mystical, silent, sexy elf. You back off.

*Shifty eyes.*

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  18:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

Ualair is mine, Rino. My mystical, silent, sexy elf. You back off.

*Shifty eyes.*



Well, alas, Ualair's no longer among the eligible either, friend. Sorry.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2006 :  18:47:41  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Blast.

Foiled again.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  00:53:00  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, Steve fill me, the humble reader, with wonder--the Eighttower blasts off like a rocket, thanks to Gamalon. That's pure imagination right there.

On the other hand, there's Raegar *ahem*. He is...puzzling. I like him as a character, but for a divine seeker of OGHMA (of all deities), I find him to be strangely uninformed about things. Now, before someone says, "Well, he just WORKS for the Church of Oghma, he doesn't need to be as learned as a priest or sage"--remember that he takes a scholarly interest in some of what he sees on this adventure, like books.

So strange, then, that he seems surprised when he learned that the world isn't flat. Huh? Even the ancient Greeks knew that the surface of the Earth was curved as an orb. I just expected better from Raegar, who is supposed to have access (I guess) to at least some of the lore that any temple of Oghma should have. Same goes for when he says (this is paraphased) "The Tears of Selune are just rocks? I liked the idea that they were gems." Again...aren't the scholars of Faerun supposed to be knowledgable about these things?

This kind of confirms my original thinking about Raegar when he was spying on Blackstaff tower (of all places) with not nearly as much subtly as he should have used--this man is no swift study. That being said, I still like him. He's a blessedly normal character in an era of FR where protagonists are often just plain bizzare.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Proc
Acolyte

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  05:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Proc's Homepage Send Proc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Once again, Steve fill me, the humble reader, with wonder--the Eighttower blasts off like a rocket, thanks to Gamalon. That's pure imagination right there.

On the other hand, there's Raegar *ahem*. He is...puzzling. I like him as a character, but for a divine seeker of OGHMA (of all deities), I find him to be strangely uninformed about things. Now, before someone says, "Well, he just WORKS for the Church of Oghma, he doesn't need to be as learned as a priest or sage"--remember that he takes a scholarly interest in some of what he sees on this adventure, like books.

So strange, then, that he seems surprised when he learned that the world isn't flat. Huh? Even the ancient Greeks knew that the surface of the Earth was curved as an orb. I just expected better from Raegar, who is supposed to have access (I guess) to at least some of the lore that any temple of Oghma should have. Same goes for when he says (this is paraphased) "The Tears of Selune are just rocks? I liked the idea that they were gems." Again...aren't the scholars of Faerun supposed to be knowledgable about these things?

This kind of confirms my original thinking about Raegar when he was spying on Blackstaff tower (of all places) with not nearly as much subtly as he should have used--this man is no swift study. That being said, I still like him. He's a blessedly normal character in an era of FR where protagonists are often just plain bizzare.



I quite enjoyed Raegar as a character too. He stood out in the book as the lone non-magic user. As for the scene you mention, I read it a little differently. His reaction came from stunned amazment at what he was experiencing - the difference between reading about it and seeing it first-hand. He did refer to the "legend" of Selune's tears being gems or giant dragon eggs. And he states: "They always said, but it was so hard to believe. The world isn't flat after all."

I took that meaning he had read (or at least been lectured) on those subjects, but still had trouble wrapping his head around them. After all, how many people in the Realms have had a chance to make into low-Toril orbit?

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
- George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  05:19:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know he refered to the legends about Selune's Tears, but the way he said they were "just rocks?" made him seem a little, well, ignorant. But still, you make an excellent point there, Proc.

And yeah, it is nice that one of the major characters in the book doesn't use magic.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  05:30:35  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But magic is the best! ;)

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  18:02:02  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

But magic is the best! ;)



"That's the typically arrogant sound of a wizard speaking from somewhere other than his mouth..."

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

latharast
Acolyte

Poland
4 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  18:09:51  Show Profile  Visit latharast's Homepage Send latharast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does Ualair died at the end of the book? I have not read book yet and im curious which elven heroes have died and which have survived. Could anyone help me?

Edited by - latharast on 28 Jul 2006 18:33:10
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  20:13:34  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this is a spoiler thread, and you specifically asked. So I'll answer.

Yes, Ualair dies at the end, sacrificing himself to help Khelben finalize the ritual.


(Highlight to Read)

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2006 :  21:25:40  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:(

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  02:24:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

But magic is the best! ;)



Yeah, but if everyone in the novel was a mage, the book might get a little, well, weird.

I should mention that I REALLY love the character of Syndra Wands, and I'd like to see more of her. I like the way she talks, her attitude, and her feelings about Mystra. The discussion she had with Gamalon and Raegar regarding their task might well have been the best in the novel so far, simply because their beliefs on the matter are so diverse, and not easily put into categories.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2006 :  23:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished the book today. Excellent work, Steven! So much happened, and it caused me to feel so many things (equal parts happiness and sadness) that I really don't know where to begin. I'll just say that overall, this whirlwind of a book is a fun read, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys the Realms setting.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  04:59:14  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Having just recently finished the book myself Steven, let me say that I really enjoyed this as well, and I hope that you get the oppourtunity to write more novels in the Realms. Just out of curiosity, how active do you see Laeral being in the Moonstars now that Khelben has "passed the staff" to Tsarra.

Oh, and what are the chances that if you get to write another novel Malchor Harpell will get some more screen time. I like the idea that Khelben was grooming him to take his spot originally, and I was glad to see him get at least some time in the book.

Thanks again for the great read.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  14:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arkhaedun

Having just recently finished the book myself Steven, let me say that I really enjoyed this as well, and I hope that you get the oppourtunity to write more novels in the Realms. Just out of curiosity, how active do you see Laeral being in the Moonstars now that Khelben has "passed the staff" to Tsarra.

Oh, and what are the chances that if you get to write another novel Malchor Harpell will get some more screen time. I like the idea that Khelben was grooming him to take his spot originally, and I was glad to see him get at least some time in the book.

Thanks again for the great read.



I have to place an NDA in front of any responses re: Laeral and the Moonstars, I'm afraid.

I'd like to do more with Malchor as well, since he's been around since the beginning but not much has been done with him directly that I've seen. Of course, I'd prefer that Ed put him on stage, as he knows him best, but we'll see....

Steven
who thanks everyone for the kind comments.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  16:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At the end of the book when everyone is being cleansed or healed or what have you, it mentions that Ashemmi was purified of the evil that Manshoon had corrupted her with. Is that a new concept, or have I missed something? I always thought she was just plain evil.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.


Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  18:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

At the end of the book when everyone is being cleansed or healed or what have you, it mentions that Ashemmi was purified of the evil that Manshoon had corrupted her with. Is that a new concept, or have I missed something? I always thought she was just plain evil.



New concept, but Ed didn't mind it when I tossed it out at him, so I went with it. As is my theory that Sememmon's on his way to being an anti-hero rather than a villain, but it may take some time.....

I'd love the chance to follow up on this, but we'll see what the future holds when we get there.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1686 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  18:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

But magic is the best! ;)



Yeah, but if everyone in the novel was a mage, the book might get a little, well, weird.

I should mention that I REALLY love the character of Syndra Wands, and I'd like to see more of her. I like the way she talks, her attitude, and her feelings about Mystra. The discussion she had with Gamalon and Raegar regarding their task might well have been the best in the novel so far, simply because their beliefs on the matter are so diverse, and not easily put into categories.



I'm glad you liked Syndra; I worried upon rereading her that I'd gone too far with her pseudo-Scots style accent and her comments on Mystra. Glad they worked for you.

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2006 :  20:55:58  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by Xysma

At the end of the book when everyone is being cleansed or healed or what have you, it mentions that Ashemmi was purified of the evil that Manshoon had corrupted her with. Is that a new concept, or have I missed something? I always thought she was just plain evil.



New concept, but Ed didn't mind it when I tossed it out at him, so I went with it. As is my theory that Sememmon's on his way to being an anti-hero rather than a villain, but it may take some time.....

I'd love the chance to follow up on this, but we'll see what the future holds when we get there.

Steven



Thanks, I loved it, I just didn't remember it. I also liked the way you described Semmemon from Ashemmi's newly reformed point of view. I've been hoping for quite some time now that Sememmon would one day become a "good guy," so I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I've got my fingers crossed that you will be able to continue the story of Semmemon and Ashemmi.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.


Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  01:28:55  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend
I'm glad you liked Syndra; I worried upon rereading her that I'd gone too far with her pseudo-Scots style accent and her comments on Mystra. Glad they worked for you.

Steven



Yup, I loved Syndra because:

1) Her way of speaking was brash and even a bit coarse (though I didn't really see it as "Scottish")--and therefore refreshing. She sounded approachable. Sooo much better than her sounding like yet another serene, uppity mage...they are a dime-a-dozen. Syndra is blunt and just tells it like it is.

2) People who aren't perfectly pious are also refreshing to me, because there are different degrees of being "religious". Gamalon seemed pretty devout in the traditional sense, but that doesn't mean all servants of Mystra have to be. It's nice to hear someone (a ghost, no less!) admitting that they just plain "aren't sure about the whole thing". That's someone I can relate to.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Aug 2006 01:30:01
Go to Top of Page

Osieu
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  04:01:02  Show Profile  Visit Osieu's Homepage Send Osieu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
May I ask what happened to Frostrune and the Twisted Runes in the novel? Sorry I haven't read the book yet, but I'd love to know the whereabouts of these old liches.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by - Osieu on 02 Aug 2006 04:01:45
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  04:33:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Osieu

May I ask what happened to Frostrune and the Twisted Runes in the novel? Sorry I haven't read the book yet, but I'd love to know the whereabouts of these old liches.

Thanks in advance!



You sure you want to be spoiled?

The actual whereabouts of the Twisted Rune members is anyone's guess, but we learn from the novel that Khelben parlayed with that dracolich member.

As for Frostrune...he becomes a kind of "unwilling vessel", and then the unwilling guest of Halaster.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 02 Aug 2006 04:33:56
Go to Top of Page

Osieu
Acolyte

26 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2006 :  05:04:49  Show Profile  Visit Osieu's Homepage Send Osieu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
You sure you want to be spoiled?

The actual whereabouts of the Twisted Rune members is anyone's guess, but we learn from the novel that Khelben parlayed with that dracolich member.

As for Frostrune...he becomes a kind of "unwilling vessel", and then the unwilling guest of Halaster.


Yes. I think it's not a spoiler big enough to ruin the fun of the whole book?

And what's the deal with the dracolich please? How did Frostrune become the vessal (of what)? Though I believe he'll make a good guest in Undermountain and a new collection of Halaster...

Thanks for your help!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2022 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000