Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Dalelands Adventure Modules Order/Campaign Ideas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Talanasus
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2024 :  14:54:40  Show Profile Send Talanasus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello! I am finally coming back to 2e after years of being a player and diving in as a DM this time.

All of my players(currently 5) will be brand new to 2e and to this region of Faerun, so I am trying to drum up ideas on adventure ideas and orders to run them in.

So far I plan on running Doom of Daggerdale into the Sword of the Dales Trilogy. However, after those 4 modules, where should I go next? If I wanted to eventually take the campaign past 10th level, what other adventure models should I look into and what order should I plan to run them?

I definitely do not want to railroad characters, but I would like to have adventures to pull from that are of appropriate level etc.

I am also not closed off to the Dalelands! I wouldn't mind having the characters move into the Moonsea and Phlan area.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Edited by - Talanasus on 04 Feb 2024 14:55:59

Naroon Shimmerflow
Learned Scribe

Norway
104 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2024 :  12:50:47  Show Profile Send Naroon Shimmerflow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are a couple of more adventures for your Dalelands campaign:
* The sword of the dales
* The secret of spidehaunt
Both of these are low lvl, but with some work, you`ll be able to upscale them =)

Good dice rolls, beats good tactics anytime[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2059 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2024 :  18:13:51  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadowdale: Scourge of the Land is a 3.5e adventure I co-wrote.

It harkened back to adventures in the 2e FRCS (in the Shadowdale booklet), in the 1e adventure compendium REF5 - Lords of Darkness, and the 1e FRCS ("Into the Forgotten Realms / Hall of the Beast-Tamers").

We did NOT however, include Ed's Dungeon adventure, "Elminster's Back Door."

Roger Moore did a great introductory 3e adventure in Dungeon #101, IIRC, called Raiders of Galath's Roost.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000