Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 DM's Guild
 Blessed of the Broken God
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  01:49:42  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all

Eric Boyd and I have just released a new article at the DMs Guild titled “Blessed of the Broken God: Saints of Damara and Impiltur”. Check it out if you can.

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/391719/Blessed-of-the-Broken-God-Saints-of-Damara-and-Impiltur?src=newest_in_dmg&filters=45469

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  07:43:24  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got my copy, i've been waiting for my fix of newcanon lore this year

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  15:55:46  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ditto. I'm curious what I can extrapolate from the text.

-"but with dawn still several candles away"-

I flooping love this phrase. Journeys that are measures in days, time measured in candles. It's phenomenal thought.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

Edited by - EricMinde on 30 Mar 2022 16:11:09
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  16:01:39  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots about Damara which I'm very interested in.

I love the take on Crusader and Lolibela. Equally happy about all the saints and the citadel of the white worm history.

Lots of lovely lore in here.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  21:02:50  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One thing to clarify.

St Ulrach the Twice Martyred, is this a mistake or is there more than one saint that was slain twice in Ilmater's service?

If the order of the golden cup was around in 1100 DR, is it possible that they were created around 1095 to protect the terrified populace from hobgoblins (since there was no army left to fight them and the king was gone)

A few errors to correct if you are in the mood.

1 - "whippped" on page 2, 2nd paragraph about St Dyonasis
2 - "cruely" on page 3, 2nd paragraph
3 - "Dynoasis" on page 3, 5th paragraph
4 - "Dynonasis" twice on page 3, 6th paragraph
5 - "thuis" on page 4, 1st paragraph
6 - "statments" on page 5, 6th paragraph

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  21:58:24  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

One thing to clarify.

St Ulrach the Twice Martyred, is this a mistake or is there more than one saint that was slain twice in Ilmater's service?

LGR3 - Key to Phantom's Cloister, page 11.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2022 :  22:03:30  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

One thing to clarify.

If the order of the golden cup was around in 1100 DR, is it possible that they were created around 1095 to protect the terrified populace from hobgoblins (since there was no army left to fight them and the king was gone)

A few errors to correct if you are in the mood.

1 - "whippped" on page 2, 2nd paragraph about St Dyonasis
2 - "cruely" on page 3, 2nd paragraph
3 - "Dynoasis" on page 3, 5th paragraph
4 - "Dynonasis" twice on page 3, 6th paragraph
5 - "thuis" on page 4, 1st paragraph
6 - "statments" on page 5, 6th paragraph

An author is only as good as his editor..

No, I have fat fingers. Thanks for picking that up, I’ll do the edits. Much appreciated.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  08:00:11  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Blooodied" on page 6, paragraph 6

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  08:21:26  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks again.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  10:13:50  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Thanks again.

-- George Krashos

Not a typo, George; when you're blooodied, you've been hit by a gusher of blood. Think the power hose of blood akin to Evil Dead movies!

Or I suppose it could be a typo after all…which is much less fun.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  19:15:13  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, you are fixing the Poseidon / Dionysus thing by making saints with slightly different spellings of the name? Haven't downloaded yet, but does the replacement for Poseidon have ties to the sea?

Oh, and props for whoever came up with the wording on the feat. The part about not modifying the first level abilities you get is very important.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  20:02:35  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not got as far as Poseidon yet, and unfortunately my laptop is now in the repair shop.

One stroke of genius was to provide a cult of the dragon presence in impiltur / Damara in the recent history (100 years ago ish) which nicely explains why so many cultists were around in the Rage of Dragons novels.

Particularly liked Morgan the Taciturn who is really a drunken mercenary but who has a flash of redemption in the last few moments of his life

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2022 :  20:55:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

So, you are fixing the Poseidon / Dionysus thing by making saints with slightly different spellings of the name? Haven't downloaded yet, but does the replacement for Poseidon have ties to the sea?

Yes and yes.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2022 :  16:44:37  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I want to thank you guys. Saint Ireclybod took my money, claiming he was Eric with an illusion, so I'm glad you gave him some comeuppance during the writing of this product.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 01 Apr 2022 16:45:45
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2022 :  07:13:44  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

Oh, and props for whoever came up with the wording on the feat. The part about not modifying the first level abilities you get is very important.

Those references in FR9 have bugged me for a long time and were screaming out to be sorted.

And thanks re the feat - game mechanics are never my strongpoint (as Tom Costa will attest to), so I'm glad it passed muster.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2022 :  14:20:50  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed the depiction of St. Sollars as originally a half-dragon paladin. I always thought of St. Sollars as a human gun mage a la Pathfinder and his star as six-pointed.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2022 :  14:29:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

I enjoyed the depiction of St. Sollars as originally a half-dragon paladin. I always thought of St. Sollars as a human gun mage a la Pathfinder and his star as six-pointed.

Well, in H4 he kind of was that, but that was a bridge too far for me. A Texan St Sollars was stuff that made me shocked that people got paid to write stuff like that. But for the sake of some semi-consistency, I had to keep the star.

— George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2022 :  20:41:32  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let us hope we never get St. Kenny the Daily-Martyred.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000