Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 deities through out the Multiverse
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2023 :  04:12:21  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi I need to know about Pantheons Deities that exist through the multiverse since in 5th version there is a multiverse now.

For example Critical Role World Exandria has some from official D&D sources, so for my homebrew setting and if get popular enough it will get official.

So I need to know if can officially use the Demihumans Deities in my setting.

LW

Karthak
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2023 :  04:40:38  Show Profile Send Karthak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a partial list of existing pantheons and deities in the back of the Player's Handbook.

Unless you're publishing your setting you can use any deities that you like, and if you are publishing your setting, change the name and history of the deity to better fit your world and you should be fine, just like Critical Role did with their first book which just used titles to dance around the actual names and of their deities which was basically the 4e pantheons and worked them into the backstory of the world.

Other than Demihuman Deities for 2e, there's not a good general purpose book for covering deities that are present across the multiverse.

I'd recommend using the various d&d wikis to assemble a lineup of gods you find interesting, there's the Forgotten Realms wiki, Mistipedia covers Ravenloft, Greyhawk Online, Eberron Wiki, those cover most of the d&d settings gods.
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2023 :  13:14:32  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Planescape: On Hallowed Ground

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2023 :  23:23:37  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well my goal is getting officially published and requnization like Exandria, as I know Asmodeus is the only official deity that are present in the multiverse. I've got a Caliphate that might use the Pantheon feature in Al-Qadim since that setting is shelved for a time there land is mention in sword coast about the Sha'ir are also mention for D&D 5th quite different there original AD&D 2nd version.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2023 :  03:03:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LWhitehead1

Well my goal is getting officially published and requnization like Exandria, as I know Asmodeus is the only official deity that are present in the multiverse. I've got a Caliphate that might use the Pantheon feature in Al-Qadim since that setting is shelved for a time there land is mention in sword coast about the Sha'ir are also mention for D&D 5th quite different there original AD&D 2nd version.

LW

You've got a very long road ahead of you, to accomplish those goals, and there's a whole lot of people that want the same thing. You're going to need to do some extensive research -- much more than just asking questions here -- and a hell of a lot of writing, just to even get some notice. Once you get that notice, you're going to have to keep doing the research and the writing to build on it.

We're a bunch of Realms junkies, here. We're not exactly experts on making homebrew settings become popular.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2023 :  18:18:04  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't I know it, and the Realms does have wonderful selection of Demi Human Deities, which is one way to attract interest.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2023 :  18:57:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Don't I know it, and the Realms does have wonderful selection of Demi Human Deities, which is one way to attract interest.

LW

It'll attract interest, but from a smaller subset of the overall gaming populace.

Exandria didn't become what it is now by tapping an existing audience of Exandria fans.

Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2023 :  17:12:27  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that but I think that the idea of using AD&D 2nd for rules and character creation might but I got to tap into something.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2023 :  23:21:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I know that but I think that the idea of using AD&D 2nd for rules and character creation might but I got to tap into something.

LW

You're looking to tap into an audience that grows smaller every day. I liked 2E and still think in mainly 2E terms myself, but it's been dead for more than 20 years.

Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2023 :  05:15:43  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok then I would have to create original Arabian Deities for my homebrew world setting, like featured in Al-Qadim also the Lawgiver is the closest to the faith of Islam in D&D and Fantasy.

LW
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2023 :  18:11:26  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In addition to the Al-Qadim deities, there is the concept of the Adama from the Shining South (see 2E and 3E supplements of the same name). I'd argue the Adama is the closest thing the Realms has to the monotheistic god of Jews/Christians/Muslims, though it is still quite different.
Go to Top of Page

LWhitehead1
Learned Scribe

118 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2023 :  22:55:46  Show Profile Send LWhitehead1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I need Arab like Deities for the Caliphate of the world of Werra in Eastern Continent of Winnan, which is a Euraisa like landmass. The Caliphate is based on Abbasid Caliphate, but in the Late middle ages to middle Renaissance.

LW
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2023 :  23:15:03  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well I need Arab like Deities for the Caliphate of the world of Werra in Eastern Continent of Winnan, which is a Euraisa like landmass. The Caliphate is based on Abbasid Caliphate, but in the Late middle ages to middle Renaissance.

LW

Would you consider Moorish Spain?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2023 :  05:50:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<ahem> ... Spelljammer and Planescape lore ...

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000