Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings, All!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zyzzyva
Acolyte

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2023 :  20:14:37  Show Profile Send zyzzyva a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings fellow scribes!

I'm a relatively recent initiate into FR lore, having only picked up DMing over the pandemic, but have fully fallen down the rabbit hole. I'm currently starting up a campaign set in Rashemen and the surrounding lands, and have been trying to dredge up as much as I can about the Unapproachable East (and Deep Imaskar) as a result.

As someone who loves a good database, I was wondering if there was any sort of go-to reference library where one can look up all relevant sourcebooks, articles, games, etc. that reference a location or region? For instance, an entry on Aglarond might link to not only the 3e Unapproachable East sourcebook, but also the Spellbound box set, the 4e Living Forgotten Realms campaign in the region, and perhaps an article or two in Dragon. I'm tempted to try and build something of the sort myself , but I figure there's a decent chance someone else similarly obsessive has already done so.

Looking forward to picking the brains of more experienced sages and finding more obscure and revealing tomes deep in the stacks!

Edited by - zyzzyva on 29 Jan 2023 20:16:03

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2023 :  23:05:35  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

And to answer your question... There's the Forgotten Realms wiki to aim you in the right direction.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2023 :  08:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, zyzzyva

Welcome to Candlekeep; the greatest library in all the Realms. I hope you enjoy thy stay herein, amongst the many halls of knowledge.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: