Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Trying to find a source covering the post-ToT
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Outlaw Pope
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  02:12:47  Show Profile Send Outlaw Pope a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I might be hallucinating but wasn't there a book or magazine that sort of went over the Time of Troubles and gave stats for the Cyrinishad, Mask's status as a subdued demipower, and other things that happen during the post ToT period and the books of the Trial of Cyric the Mad, Prince of Lies?

I remember seeing something like that but my only drawing point was a description of the Cyrinishad in how it's supposed to work mechanically.

Any clues, fellow scholars?

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  03:17:05  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Search indicates these two Novels refer to Cyrinishad.

Prince of Lies • Crucible: The Trial of Cyric the Mad

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Outlaw Pope
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  03:52:01  Show Profile Send Outlaw Pope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the novels cover that but I think there were some, uh connected "those stories and elsewhere" that provided some mechanical setup as well as some quests. Like the Avatar Series books, by name, also had adventure versions.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  03:52:35  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See in FR index?
Cyrinishad was described mechanically (along with other sample artifacts) in VGtATM, but obviously there are no "stats" as such.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  04:10:35  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Forgotten Realms Adventures sourcebook - provides a summary of the events and aftermath of the Time of Troubles
Ruins of Zhentil Keep boxset - describes Cyric (of this era) and his Cyrinishad in much detail

The FR novels describe the Cyrinishad more completely, it was an important device in Cyric's narrative.
The "mechanical" rules and details can easily be extrapolated and applied from the novels. Even if they aren't words strictly published in a TSR/WotC AD&D rulebook.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 26 Nov 2022 04:27:31
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Master of Realmslore

1279 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  05:14:18  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ayrik, you have a PM.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Outlaw Pope
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2022 :  05:17:41  Show Profile Send Outlaw Pope a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ayrik & TB!

That was helpful.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000