Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 My First Candle-Keep Post
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stinker
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2022 :  00:57:10  Show Profile Send Stinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ahoy! I am new here. I want to point out that there is a life hack that says a crayon can be used as a candle. I have never tried it yet.

A Jumbo Crayon Can Be Used As A Candle!

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2022 :  02:17:35  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*blinks*

Yes.

*double blinks*

Welcome to Candlekeep, and yes it can.

Please don't leave lit crayons unattended if you happen to test your hypothesis.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.
Go to Top of Page

Stinker
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2022 :  19:02:13  Show Profile Send Stinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For sure, I would only need to light a crayon if the power goes out or something similar happens. The important thing to know is that I would still need a source or spark to light a crayon. It is just like with electricity that can't be generated from nothing.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2022 :  20:44:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried using a candle as a crayon, once. Needed to write something during a phone call but had nothing else handy.

Never thought these ad-hoc-hack roles could be reversed. Perhaps I just haven't been inspired by enough desperation, lol.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Stinker
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2022 :  16:26:51  Show Profile Send Stinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's right! I did not think of that until now when I read your reply. It does not matter which end of the crayon has the tiny flame. You can write with it using the other end while you have a tiny light source.

Go to Top of Page

Stinker
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2022 :  16:54:17  Show Profile Send Stinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is plenty of role-playing content within this Candlekeep site. One of the things that is note-worthy is the available netbooks such as the Candlekeep Compendium, Scribe's Gatherings, Travellers Notebooks, and anything else in related sections. The oroginal TSR AD&D netbooks are hard to find and when I find them, I don't know how to open extracted zip files because I can't find where an extracted zip is to open it.

Edited by - Stinker on 15 Oct 2022 16:55:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000