Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Rilmere ?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
267 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2022 :  13:49:48  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
From Dwarves Deep p64 :
"Somewhere in the Race, near the Sea Tower of Nemessor, is a small, tree-clad island with the shape of a horseshoe, the open end facing towards distant Rilmere."

Does anyone have any idea where Rilmere place is or what it is?

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2022 :  14:18:52  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You would need a coastal(oceanic?) map for the region south of Tethyr. It needs to clearly show the Nelanther Isles chain and from there you'd have to plot explorations heading in the direction from all horseshoe shaped island mouths. One of them will take you to Rilmere. Best guess to start looking is south or west (southwest?) of Nemessor.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2022 :  14:32:33  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a great question.

So there is a horseshoe-shaped island, known as Hook Island, just north of Thordentor. You can see it on the B&W map of the Nelanther on the back side of the color map in Lands of Intrigue. Obviously, Rilmere is not on that map. I might suggest its either the name of the small peninsula or the name of a small village on the peninsula between Carlsmere and Tulmene on the larger Dragon's Head Peninsula. I would suggest it's a village name, given that it parallels the name "Carlsmere."

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000