Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Looking for a reference
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2022 :  14:59:14  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for a 'ship of light' reference having to do with D&D or AD&D. The closest I've found so far is a speljammer made entirely of fire with the sun as it's home origin. It also went on to say they the inhabitants of the sun aren't really into Spelljamming because the Plane of Fire is so vast there's no need to Spelljam.

So I'm coming to the collective. Do you know of any 'ship of light' in anything D&D or AD&D. I'll even accept something remotely related if there's a story with it.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.

EricMinde
Seeker

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2022 :  17:23:29  Show Profile Send EricMinde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Found it.

Oil of Color
Every year one vial of Oil of Color can be collected from the Prism. The vial of Oil can be cast and produces the same effect as a prismatic sphere wherever it hits. In addition, Oil of Color serves as the main component when producing other magical items (such as Elven Helms, and Aurora Clippers).

Aurora Clipper
Every 100 years the Prism has the ability to create an Aurora Clipper, a ship of light that travel through the moon’s firmament as if sailing through water. An Aurora Clipper can carry up to10 elves. It is constructed of the finest silk, and must be soaked in 100 vials worth of Oil of Color for a full Materan year before it is firmament worthy. Such vessels are kept under the care of the relic-keepers, except under the most dire of circumstances, when they may be lent out to adventurers on important missions.

"When you understand the impossible, it changes to improbable and that means there's a chance!"

~Baroth Quagmire, built an orphanage, grew a castle in his friends home, the home did not survive the birth. Died three times and fought his way out of hell. Only player I've ever seen roll three 1% in a row.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000