Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Starlight Enclave is disappointing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Erikor
Seeker

Norway
60 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2022 :  20:39:03  Show Profile Send Erikor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sno4wy

quote:
Originally posted by Erikor

I have a question/problem with Starlight Enclave. It was cool that a primordial is trapped in Gauntlgrym. It's been a while since I read the book but didn't they find another primordial? I thought they were rare and only a very few still existed on that plane. Kinda weird that the same people would find another one.
Please correct me if I'm wrong though, like I said, it's been a while since I read the book.

It's not clear at this point, the people of Callidae believe that the glacier is an entity called Qadeej. The four that traveled near it (Jarlaxle, Zak, Entreri and Catti) felt that it had an enormous presence like the primordial Maegera. It's not clear either way, but it is clear that it Qadeej is a separate entity from Ygorl, and that the glacier is very much "alive".

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Go to Top of Page

RK
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2022 :  04:49:09  Show Profile Send RK a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyone remember the planned novel “Shores of Dusk?”

I always wondered if Salvatore, through Mark Anthony, intended to do this years ago.

Personally, I don’t care about the “wokeness” of a story, but rather the reactions of the characters to their situations.

I’m surrounded by agendas in real life that I ignore. So long as RAD properly articulated the reasoning behind a character shift in attitude, I’m fine with it.

Want to learn how to make $50,000 in the first month? Me too.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2022 :  05:07:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RK

Anyone remember the planned novel “Shores of Dusk?”

I always wondered if Salvatore, through Mark Anthony, intended to do this years ago.

RAS had nothing to do with Shores of Dusk. He was having a dispute with TSR so they decided to have someone else write another Drizzt novel.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TKU
Learned Scribe

USA
158 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2022 :  15:49:58  Show Profile Send TKU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As wooly said, RAS wasn't involved with Shores of Dusk, and its cancellation was tied to the dispute being resolved. Mark Anthony wrote a little blurb you can find here on Candlekeep if you are curious. Apparently he got the job to write the book based on impressing TSR with the job he did on 'The Fires of Narbondel' It's a shame, because I had an advertisement for this very book in the back of one of my books (siege of Darkness IIRC) and was pretty excited for it at the time.

Anyways, we don't know the specifics, but the book was going to deal with evil drow far away from Menzoberranzan, so some sort of proto-aevendrow would be highly unlikely. The name of the book perhaps gives some clues-somewhere coastal? The only coastal places I can think of where drow are highly active would be Dambrath or possibly Calimshan? It's all speculation at this point, unfortunately we are unlikely to ever see the novel released in any form.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000