Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 What happened to Thibbledorf Pwent? (SPOILER ALERT
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bfollowell
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2022 :  15:56:06  Show Profile Send bfollowell a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've just started reading Starlight Enclave and had a question. My question is about the appearance of Thibbledorf Pwent early in the novel. He doesn't appear many times other than that, but he is mentioned several times. It's been a while since I read the last novel and my memory isn't getting better with old age, but the last I recall of Thibbledorf was that he'd been taken to Longsaddle, resurrected and cleansed of his vampirism, then he died and his embodiment went into Bruenor's horn. I don't seem to recall anything of him being resurrected again, so how is he at that meeting in Gauntlgrym? What have I forgotten?

Thanks to anyone who has a better memory than mine and can help me jog mine.

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2022 :  16:28:10  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't remember exact details, but he wasn't cured as I recall him leaking out of that statue. In the novel Relentless, when Yvonnel and Quenthel spin that web and Cattibrie directs the power of birth magic to them/it and they turn that drider army back to drow, afterwards, Pwent says to heck with it and charges through the web and is cured of his vampirism. Entreri then carries the dying mortal Pwent back to healers who manage to save his life.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Learned Scribe

Brazil
129 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2022 :  16:37:11  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I remember correctly, the ending of Relenthless (the book before Starlight Enclave) brings an outcome to Pwent's vampirism. What to do with this character seems to be one of the biggest difficulties for RAS.

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Jarlaxle, mercenary leader of Bregan D'aerthe.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000