Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Looking for Evermeet information
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Collector
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2020 :  16:10:46  Show Profile Send The Collector a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I had a character that I played in 2E and 3.5E who was an evermeet native- I created an elaborate backstory after reading everything I could get my hands on about Elves in the Forgotten realms and determined to create "the elfiest elf who ever elfed".

IN the course of play, he discovered a moonblade, and that prompted me to write a story about it and how it wound up in his hands. Now i'm up to my fundament in story ideas, but the timeline of Evermeet History is damnably vague. I'm looking for a timeline of canon events on the island of Evermeet from 741DR onward. Both so that I can reference them in my work, and also to avoid clashing with any canon.

can anyone refer me to something more detailed than " Zaor moonflower became king and then was assassinated in 1371 DR."?

Edit: My writing project involves collection of Stories detailing the history and finding of each of his magic items, most of which are ancient elven Relics. He belongs to a knightly order that seeks out such items and protects ancient sites for preservation, and if possible, shipment to Evermeet.

I'm currently writing about his "first life" on Evermeet. where he was born, grew old, and nearly died, but "youthened" when he met Amalruil and fell head over heels for her, and opted for an elven do-over, a life spent striving to be worthy of her while he worshipped her from afar.

Since they fixed the realms in 5E, there's a way to keep him around to the present day. a narrative space that he can occupy, and a way to finish his story.

Edited by - The Collector on 02 Aug 2020 06:00:21

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2020 :  17:57:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, first of all, are you familiar with the Elves of Evermeet sourcebook and the novel Evermeet? Those are the primary sources of info for Evermeet.

The former, you can get a pdf from DriveThruRPG.com, or you can check eBay or NobleKnight.com for print copies.

Amazon has a Kindle version of the novel, and at least one used paperback copy for $15. I see it a lot on eBay, too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2020 :  19:42:23  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric Boyd and I have fleshed out the history of the Moonflower moonblades (there are three in that family) and the lineage of Zaor and events in Evermeet after his arrival there in 715 DR. It might make its way here to the Keep soon.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Collector
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2020 :  05:14:07  Show Profile Send The Collector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Well, first of all, are you familiar with the Elves of Evermeet sourcebook and the novel Evermeet? Those are the primary sources of info for Evermeet.

I've read them all. in fact the novel was what inspired the character in the first place.

What I'm looking for is a timeline of the events on the island from 714 to just after Zaor's assassination. Hardle any of the source material contain actual dates and events from Zaor's reign.

Thanks!

Edited by - The Collector on 02 Aug 2020 05:47:17
Go to Top of Page

The Collector
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2020 :  05:46:40  Show Profile Send The Collector a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Eric Boyd and I have fleshed out the history of the Moonflower moonblades (there are three in that family) and the lineage of Zaor and events in Evermeet after his arrival there in 715 DR. It might make its way here to the Keep soon.
-- George Krashos

that would be quite useful
My character is from a minor Sept of House Moonflower, And an evermeet native, so anything with a timeline from 714 to say ten years after Zaor's death would be quite helpful.

I'm currently writing of his "first life" upon evermeet, and I need more depth of detail than seems availale in the standard sources. They've got myth drannor plotted in 5 minute increments. but nearly a thousand years of Zaor's rule? if you blink, you'll miss the reference in all the extant histories of the realms.

for example, what year did Amlaruil become a high mage? when did she become mistress of the towers. How long was zaor married to his first wife? what else was happening on the island during those times?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2020 :  03:52:29  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Far too young, but Amlaruil was "special".
2. 889 DR by my reckoning
3. 116 years
4. Who knows

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000