Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Request for Realmslore
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  21:34:31  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

I've always found with the great and rich lore you can find in the Realms, that it is six in one hand, half-dozen in the other. I love the idea of filling it in in some cases, but I love going and reading the lore!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  21:48:49  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is lore out there for Sembia. It is just scattered all over the place and would have to be assembled into something coherent. For example, there was The Wooden Nose War in Ordulin that had it's seeds in the summer of 1372 but didn't really kick off until Elias 6, 1373. That was from one Ed's web articles (named The Wooden Nose War).

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2020 :  23:36:19  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Senior Scribe TheIriaeban,

That is a perfect example of lore I love to read about right there, as opposed to making it up myself. So cool. Thank you for sharing that!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  19:38:02  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sembia lore also gets covered in the later Erevis Cale novels as Shade increasingly influenced them. I think that makes Sembia even more interesting now that the shades are mostly gone, though it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them still pulling the strings from the shadows.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  22:09:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Sembia lore also gets covered in the later Erevis Cale novels as Shade increasingly influenced them. I think that makes Sembia even more interesting now that the shades are mostly gone, though it wouldn't surprise me to see some of them still pulling the strings from the shadows.

"pulling the strings from the shadows" -- as it should have been, all along.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2020 :  22:27:58  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom,

I hate to say it: I've yet to read those. I am unsure of how I didn't get to those, but I never did. It looks like it's time to get in there and check them out! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Mrestos Khorvaen
Acolyte

Spain
48 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  12:12:35  Show Profile Send Mrestos Khorvaen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Seeker Khorvaen,

I agree. I think it all does, but I really want the structural fluff, such as more about governance, economics, cultural beliefs, etc. I would eat that stuff up all day! :)

Best regards,

çYeah, I feel the same. Sembia deserves more flesh on its golden bones!

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2020 :  01:37:00  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seeker Khorvaen,

I was just talking about trade routes with Senior Scribe TheIriaeban for Iriaebor, but this kind of stuff would be great for everywhere. What kind of work have you ever done on trade routes, etc. for other places?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000