Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Forging the Forgotten Realms - by Ed Greenwood
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  00:36:31  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still nothing.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  02:34:57  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly's hopes will be cruelly raised by seeing activity in this thread again.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2015 :  02:47:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Wooly's hopes will be cruelly raised by seeing activity in this thread again.

Nope, I've learned my lesson.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2015 :  20:34:07  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Still no awesome new articles.

Out of interest when was the last time anyone even looked at an article on the WoTC website. I look in about once a month to scan for a Forging the Realms article and when I don't see one I quickly close it.

I used to check the website 3 or 4 times a week in 3e days (wyrms of the north was awesome), stopped completely with 4e and then had a brief revivial with Forging the Realms.

I wonder if everyone else is the same and I wonder if WoTC have noticed a lull in their web traffic?

I no longer check the site at all and just wait for ENWorld to report something interesting. I also dislike the way the new site is organised to minimise utility.

However, as a 4E DM and DDi subscriber, I still enjoy the perfectly functional previous site that has been archived. :)

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  17:45:24  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What you guys see as a negative I see as a positive.

Do you think Ed has stopped writing? 'The World's busiest man' is constantly writing new material for FR. He says so himself (through THO). Do you think he does this just for fun? (Okay... he probably does... but still..) I think the stuff he is writing is all going to be applied to something else, and thats why these articles have gone on the 'back burner'.

He's being hush-hush. WotC is being hush-hush. We know he's working on FR lore. We also know others (who we all love and respect) are at it as well. We know Ed has started a new publishing venture. We know WotC is going with freelancers for all its future products.

Yes... I don't see this 'dark patch' as gloom & despair... I see it as the darkness just before the dawn.

And I could very well be wrong. It does happen occasionally (). I don't know anything more then just about anyone else here - I'm just connecting the dots.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Apr 2015 17:46:39
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  17:49:14  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Do you think Ed has stopped writing? 'The World's busiest man' is constantly writing new material for FR. He says so himself (through THO). Do you think he does this just for fun? (Okay... he probably does... but still..) I think the stuff he is writing is all going to be applied to something else, and thats why these articles have gone on the 'back burner'.

He's being hush-hush. WotC is being hush-hush. We know he's working on FR lore. We also know others (who we all love and respect) are at it as well. We know Ed has started a new publishing venture. We know WotC is going with freelancers for all its future products.

Yes... I don't see this 'dark patch' as gloom & despair... I see it as the darkness just before the dawn.

And I could very well be wrong. It does happen occasionally (). I don't know anything more then just about anyone else here - I'm just connecting the dots.

If WotC farmed the development of the FR to Ed and his new publishing company, it would be their best move regarding the Realms up to now, and I'm sure that many fans would be very happy with that (I would surely be).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  18:36:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's certainly an interesting conjecture, and could explain a lot. I hope you're right!

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  18:38:35  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed created his own publishing company to have FR work farmed out to him? I don't think my heart could take that kind of excitement. Seriously hope that happens. We're a campaign guide and about 48 Volo's Guides behind schedule! Heheheh.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  20:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for that. The dark cloud of pessimism was rearing its ugly head lately.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  21:34:34  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did somebody just invoke my name?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  22:21:32  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Ed created his own publishing company to have FR work farmed out to him?
Not to have FR work farmed out, but to publish what Ed wants to publish amongst a group of other projects.

Regardless, the level of pessimism around here is getting pretty tiresome. In how many threads do we need to see the exact same complaints aired by the same people for the umpteenth time?

Would it kill anyone to try enjoying the Realms for a change?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  22:53:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Regardless, the level of pessimism around here is getting pretty tiresome. In how many threads do we need to see the exact same complaints aired by the same people for the umpteenth time?

Would it kill anyone to try enjoying the Realms for a change?

I must agree. The constant pessimism is quite wearying... And assuming the worst possible conclusion from everything WotC does and does not do is also tiresome.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Apr 2015 22:53:25
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2015 :  22:55:11  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Did somebody just invoke my name?

Daz, if that was referring to me, no. I was talking about my own attitude.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2018 :  09:13:47  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

Did someone compiled the "Forging the Realms" serie of articles in one document ?

Articles are all here https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/hidden-holds-realms but a pain in the ... to collect.
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2018 :  15:33:05  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marco Volo

Articles are all here https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/hidden-holds-realms but a pain in the ... to collect.

Not all, see above in the thread. Only from late 2013.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000