Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Letters in Baldur's Gate
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lucius
Seeker

98 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  12:42:20  Show Profile  Visit Lucius's Homepage Send Lucius a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi everyone. I'm currently planning a tabletop campaign for my friends based heavily on the plot of the first Baldur's Gate. I'm lucky enough that none of them have played it, so I'm expecting the investigation around the Iron Throne to be a blast. So I've been thinking of the ways the game unfolds the plot gradually to the PC's. You get the first whispers of bandits and iron shortages from the start, followed by a messenger on the road who could give important insights etc.

One way the game does this that I'd really like to take advantage of is the use of the letters collected from various NPC's. I'd love to do a similar thing, and hand the party two letters from Mulahey's chest once they've fought to the bottom of the mines.

Does anyone know if there's any resource online where I can get these? I can't recall exactly what they said, but would love to be able to read through them all. Or perhaps someone else has transcribed them already? I don't fancy another BG play through to get them! Thanks!

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  21:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.sorcerers.net/Games/BG/index_tips.php

Scroll down to the bottom for Chocomog's list of all BOOK items, which should include the letters if I remember from days of yore.
Go to Top of Page

The Curt Jester
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2012 :  07:25:58  Show Profile  Visit The Curt Jester's Homepage Send The Curt Jester a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can also use Infinity Explorer to look at all the items, dialogs, NPCs, and so on in the game. I found Gorion's letter in about one minute. I'm sure all the rest are there, too.

http://infexp.sourceforge.net/

Co-founder of Sea of Dragons, a Persistent World for NWN2 | Visit us at www.seaofdragons.com
Go to Top of Page

Fraklen
Acolyte

Denmark
1 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2018 :  16:23:12  Show Profile Send Fraklen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
cant find them on sorcerers.net

Anyone else having luck?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000