Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Bury Elminster Deep discussion - SPOILERS
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  18:05:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

I could do with seeing Mask and Shar both as intermediate powers after Paul's new trilogy, but that's my opinion/preference.

I'd like to take back what I said above Shar in my post above. I don't see her being de-powered too soon, or at least not permanently. Mystra is meant to have an eternal rival, and Shar gives her that.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Mar 2012 :  03:04:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:

I could do with seeing Mask and Shar both as intermediate powers after Paul's new trilogy, but that's my opinion/preference.

I'd like to take back what I said above Shar in my post above. I don't see her being de-powered too soon, or at least not permanently. Mystra is meant to have an eternal rival, and Shar gives her that.

Where is it written that she must have an eternal rival?

And why can't that rival be Cyric, instead of Shar, who should be busy with her rivalry with Selūne?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  03:29:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:

Where is it written that she must have an eternal rival?

And why can't that rival be Cyric, instead of Shar, who should be busy with her rivalry with Selūne?

IMO, of course. It's just that all gods seem to have rivals.

Cyric? No, he's not a rival of only one deity. He's everyone's enemy! Okay, except Shar. But knowing her, I'm nearly sure she must be plotting to someday kill him herself...when he outlives his usefulness to her. And by that time, all deities, including Selune and Mystra, would most likely thank her for it.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  05:25:59  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Having talked to Ed, I can say that Caolin's initial conclusions and summary is accurate.

Go to Top of Page

mnb128
Learned Scribe

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2023 :  17:14:57  Show Profile  Visit mnb128's Homepage Send mnb128 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Resurrecting an old thread here as I just got around to reading this series.

In chapter 28 of BED, after Marlin Stormserpent is killed, 'A lone person came in, hooded and cowled, and made straight for the dead noble.' This person carried Stormserpent off into the forest and was never spoken of again in the book, nor later in Enraged. Does anyone have any theories as to who this mysterious person was? As he walked he sang, 'But she had eyes, those nightdark eyes, only for meee... For I walk a lonely road, a hidden road, a bright road, yes I walk a...'

I'm sure there are several hints in there, but my lore knowledge is lacking. Would love to hear any theories from the loremasters here at Candlekeep.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000