Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Gems of Lore in GHotR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2007 :  22:16:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Brenigin

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Grats George on the new edition.

I don't think George is entirely to thank/blame for 4E! Congrats on the new addition though!

Nah, Mark was thinking of the baby as George 2.0.

LOL

Talk about your Freudian slips.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  02:08:22  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could the ship manned by skeletons mentioned in the Borem entry be the Necreme? Also, congrats George. The babby is almost 14 months now, huh? How's that working out for you?

Sorry to use thread necromancy, but this one was really interesting and kinda got derailed after Mr. Krashos added that little nugget.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2008 :  10:46:18  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Andrew is doing just fine - starting to become a regular little person, bothers his big brother incessantly and never came across anything in his short life that he couldn't at least try and fit into his mouth.

But I might be derailing the thread again so on with the lore.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  03:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations and best wishes for your family Mr. Krashos :)

Returning to the GHotR, I was intrigued by the artifact the Golden Lamp of Samesaj on page 154. It seems pretty powerful to restore what the Sojourner stole away for his own use. Is there any more info on it?

Also, I had a question about the erroneous art on pgs. 49 and 52. Is there anywhere we can see the correct labels, or if the captioning is correct, the correct art? I would love to see the dramatic scenes of Jhaamdath's fall or Kisonraathiisar's demise. Finally, is that really the Theurgist Thayd on page 38, or an orcish shaman from the Orcgate? It looks too bestial to be human, unless Thayd had undegone a demonic change.

Edited by - Aysen on 02 Feb 2009 03:36:20
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  03:50:22  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The art of page 52 is correct, however the caption should read "Udoclian, University of the Invisible Art in Naarkolyth"

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  06:29:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aysen

Congratulations and best wishes for your family Mr. Krashos :)

Thank you. As someone who is about to go on a long haul flight with two children under 5, I'll take all the best wishes I can get.

quote:
Returning to the GHotR, I was intrigued by the artifact the Golden Lamp of Samesaj on page 154. It seems pretty powerful to restore what the Sojourner stole away for his own use. Is there any more info on it?

Nope. I made it up to explain away the fact that Paul Kemp destroyed one of the Twin Towers and Iryklathagra took out the other one in the Rage of Dragons, with this latter reference implying that the other tower still stood. Eric and I brainstormed and decided that (as always) the solution was ... magic. Just what the Golden Lamp is and what it does are up to you. I have a few thoughts but won't trammel on your creative wiggle-room. Have fun with it.

quote:
Also, I had a question about the erroneous art on pgs. 49 and 52. Is there anywhere we can see the correct labels, or if the captioning is correct, the correct art? I would love to see the dramatic scenes of Jhaamdath's fall or Kisonraathiisar's demise. Finally, is that really the Theurgist Thayd on page 38, or an orcish shaman from the Orcgate? It looks too bestial to be human, unless Thayd had undegone a demonic change.

All of the art orders for my pieces thankfully came through okay. As for the others, I think that is supposed to be an orc and the piece on Kisonraathiisar was botched totally. All of it was recycled art so the picture that was supposed to be there was the one Eric thought fit 'best'. I can't recall which it was, all that I recall is that it was from a book I didn't have.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3287 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  07:11:01  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos
Nothing else yet on Hlundadim. I'll get to it one day.

-- George Krashos

-It could be that one day today. Or have you talked about Hlundadim in your ask thread?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 02 Feb 2009 07:14:04
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  21:38:22  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

All of the art orders for my pieces thankfully came through okay. As for the others, I think that is supposed to be an orc and the piece on Kisonraathiisar was botched totally. All of it was recycled art so the picture that was supposed to be there was the one Eric thought fit 'best'. I can't recall which it was, all that I recall is that it was from a book I didn't have.

-- George Krashos

Thanks to you and Mr. James for the prompt explanations. It's a shame that we won't see Kisonraathiisar's demise from Saldrinar's spells, I would have like to see an artist's rendition of that. I also recognized more than a few of the recycled art from other sources. Most fit fine, the above were just a few instances were I was confused.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000