Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Argument Room
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

king-tiax
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
327 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  20:36:37  Show Profile  Visit king-tiax's Homepage Send king-tiax a Private Message  Delete Topic
Well I have been getting in a lot of trouble lately because I have been argueing, going of tomic Bla Bla Bla, so I thought it would be a good Idea to have a topic entirely devoted to people bitching at each other, sound good, then start argueing.

My name is Tiax, I would ask yours but I don't care to become aquainted with the dead.

Edited by - Alaundo on 18 Nov 2002 22:05:45

kahonen
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  22:10:37  Show Profile  Visit kahonen's Homepage Send kahonen a Private Message
Problem is, of course, anyone visiting for the first time and seeing the thread will immediately realise that it's not an argument but an endless stream of comments saying "My dad's bigger that your dad" or some other totally inane comment. This soon wears very thin and becomes incredibly boring. That person is then unlikely to come back.

An argument isn't simply contradicting the other person, you need to provide some factual standpoint to support your argument. This means that when you say "Dwarves are best" or "Red Wizards are going to take over the Realms", (and we all KNOW you're going to say it), you need to give us some idea of why you believe this. If you don't do this, it isn't an argument just an endless mess of childish prattle which the forum can't possibly benefit from.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2002 :  23:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message
Well said Kahonen!! I suggest that all conflict and unnecessary posting should stop, its just pointless and ruins a good forum. There are some very good and interesting posts and topics on this whole forum but its becoming difficult to weed through all the garbage that appears on almost every topic.

Lets just leave the bickering to the playground and keep it out these forums.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Strahd Von Zarovich
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
135 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  00:41:39  Show Profile  Visit Strahd Von Zarovich's Homepage Send Strahd Von Zarovich a Private Message
Here here,

an end to this childish, moronic bickering!

Strahd Von Zarovich
www.strahds-library.co.uk

Strahd Von Zarovich

Alaundo and I invite fans of everything D&D to join us!
http://www.worldsofdnd.com
Go to Top of Page

The Great Drizzt
Learned Scribe

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  08:10:33  Show Profile  Visit The Great Drizzt's Homepage Send The Great Drizzt a Private Message
I think Count monkmonk is childish and a moron, there, hows that for starters tiax?
The Great Drizzt

P.S.-Drow are still better......lol

"Don't poke Drizzt, 'tis highly unsociable!" Drizzt Do'Urden -BG1
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2002 :  09:19:10  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message
Ease it off Drizzt!

This topic is now being locked. Any further attempts to create arguments and insult other forum members will result in your membership being suspended for a period of time. You will be able to view posts but not contibute to the forum. All irrelevant posts will be deleted then you will be reinstated. Futher offenses will have your membership permanently revoked.

You cant say you havent been warned, now PLEASE keep this forum on track.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly