Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Any stop-overs currently in the Shadow Gap?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dern.whitecinder
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  16:53:19  Show Profile  Visit dern.whitecinder's Homepage Send dern.whitecinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Searching through my books, PDF and print, I'm coming up empty... In Azure Bonds (the novel), one of the encounters is in the abandoned, burnt-out remains of an inn/tavern in the Shadow Gap. Does anyone here know if the place has since been rebuilt, or if anything else built in its place?

Dern Whitecinder
ex-Sun Soul monk of Lathander, currently in hiding somewhere in the W. Heartlands

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  17:29:35  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coulda swore that it was rebuilt but I can't recall the source. Um, give me a bit to look through some sourcebooks.

Edit: Found it. Curse of the Azure Bonds adventure page 36. "A new inn has been constructed in this gap, the former one having been destroyed by the Iron Throne with the aid of a kalmari. While there are no clerics or sages here, the heroes may rest the night without danger or attacks by monsters."

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 20 Aug 2007 17:41:04
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2007 :  18:13:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The third rock from the left is a popular meeting spot, and the sixteenth boulder on the right side is renown by bards everywhere for its remarkable resemblance to the halfling Corkitron Allinamuck.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

dern.whitecinder
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  14:05:43  Show Profile  Visit dern.whitecinder's Homepage Send dern.whitecinder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kuje and Wooly! Guess I'll plant my new inn/tavern along the Moonsea Ride near the Thunder Peaks. Hmmm, I wonder how many halflings it'll take to run a modest Trappest-style brewery?

Oh, and extra special thanks to Kuje for the So Saith Ed archives! I've got a lot of reading to catch up on.

Dern Whitecinder
ex-Sun Soul monk of Lathander, currently in hiding somewhere in the W. Heartlands
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2007 :  17:10:57  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No prob and enjoy the Ed archieves. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000