Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Dragon #359 (The last printed issue :()
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  01:05:46  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went to my local gaming shop--they had sold out of new Dragon mags for the time being. Darn.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2007 :  01:32:17  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Went to my local gaming shop--they had sold out of new Dragon mags for the time being. Darn.

Oh bugger, I got my copy today at the bookstore... they had about half a dozen left, which were just put on the shelves but Dungeon sold out in like a week.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2007 :  07:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picked up my copy yestertoday (Friday afternoon), freshly off my local store's shipment truck. Sad to the see it go, but am enjoying it so far.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2007 :  18:43:19  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I loved #359, especially the Demonomicon information. My sole real regret is that we never got to see 'Demonomicon of Yeenoghu' (what can I say, I like gnolls).

The info on Myth Drannor was also welcome, though I wonder what'll happen to the 'new' City of Song, not to mention the Dales, with the Spellplague.

BTW, while cleaning around the house today, I found a copy of DRAGON #91 or so, with several articles covering the Nine Hells by our very own Mister Greenwood. Ah, what memories it brought back.
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2007 :  02:17:44  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ardashir

The info on Myth Drannor was also welcome, though I wonder what'll happen to the 'new' City of Song, not to mention the Dales, with the Spellplague.

I assume you're talking about the City of Hope?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1407 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2007 :  19:11:22  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only LGS that opened in my hometown recently stocked one copy of this issue. It feels really ironic that the first Dragon i bought was the last.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  13:40:40  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am so sad this magazine is discontinuing, especially since they had recently started having regular FR articles within (after having only the odd one here and there).

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  15:50:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I am so sad this magazine is discontinuing, especially since they had recently started having regular FR articles within (after having only the odd one here and there).

I know. It's so unfair.

Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  16:01:18  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the so-called online version is very disappointing at this point in time...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000