Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Novels about Thay
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Plum
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  02:11:06  Show Profile  Visit Plum's Homepage Send Plum a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met! I'm rather new to the Realms novels, and was wondering if someone more erudtie than myself could offer some suggestions for novels regarding the Red Wizards of Thay. I've already read Red Magic, so I'm looking for something besides that one. Thanks!

Formosus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  03:06:04  Show Profile  Visit Formosus's Homepage Send Formosus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... the only novel I can think of off the top of my head is Realms of the Underdark, which might have a short story in it involving Liriel Baenre and a Red Wizard.

Roma locuta est, causa finita est.
Go to Top of Page

Voronica Whitney-Robinson
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  05:30:00  Show Profile  Visit Voronica Whitney-Robinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, if you can wait until December, you might want to check out Crimson Gold, third book in the new Rogues series . It is set entirely in Thay and has a few Red Wizards in it, here and there.

V.

A friend will help you move.
A real friend will help you move a body...

Visit http://www.voronica.com to see what else I've been up to.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2003 :  17:57:22  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Voronica Whitney-Robinson

Well, if you can wait until December, you might want to check out Crimson Gold, third book in the new Rogues series . It is set entirely in Thay and has a few Red Wizards in it, here and there.

Well I certainly CANT wait!!! Im REALLY looking forward to your new novel, Voronica! The thought of Tazi in Thay is really exciting....any chance of a snippet of the rough plot or how she ended up in Thay? or would that ruin the whole thing?

Dont suppose you have an idea as to when the cover art will be available too? (yeah i know ive been bad as to judge a book (initially) by its cover, but on this occassion, im going by the author, character, character class, location...... first )

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 15 May 2003 17:59:19
Go to Top of Page

Forgotten Realms Author

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  03:14:26  Show Profile  Visit Voronica Whitney-Robinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rad, glad to hear you're so excited. Hopefully, there will be a short story in Dragon magazine before December leading up to the reason why Tazi is in Thay. It does have to do with what happened at the end of Lord of Stormweather and how Tazi comes to grip with that.

I have seen a rough sketch of the cover art, but I'm not sure when the final pic will be done. The black and white sketch looked pretty good with Tazi fighting a bunch of...oops...now I just about gave something away!

Seriously, as it gets a little closer to the release date, I will be able to let slip a few, maddening teases.

V.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  17:48:00  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woooo hoooo New cover art for The Crimson Gold!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Forgotten Realms Author

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  18:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Voronica Whitney-Robinson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Now, you scribes at Candlekeep are good when you get the cover art before I do!

V.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000