Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  08:38:42  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Targon comes into the shop and pulls out a sash of beautiful silver cloth. He lays it in front of The Sage.* This is an item I found in my travels(in my world of Elodar). It is called the Sash of Sages.

Sash of Sages
The Sash of Sages is a 4 foot long piece of silver cloth. Running along the front 2ft, it has a row of runes that say "Knowledge to All". At the point the sash goes over the shoulder, it has the holy symbol of Echo, the God of Bards and Knowledge.
The Sash has three powers:
1. Read Magic @ will
2. Comprehend Language @ will
3. +4 bonus to Int and Wis for the wearer
The sash may be wore around the waist, taking up the belt spot, or across the chest in the normal fashion. It can be worn under normal clothing but if it is worn under magical clothing or armor, it's powers will not work until the magical armor or clothing item is removed or the sash is worn on the outside.

Please Appraise it for me and tell me what your thought on it are.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.

Edited by - Targon Moonrise on 29 Jan 2004 08:40:19
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  09:02:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not quite sure yet Shadowlord. Give me some time to work it through my own game first.

Another quality creation Targon. I'm sure that Rastromo Meradoc would find this item very useful, when visiting locales of a planar nature. As for the market price, that would depend on where this item is available for sale...

Got any more coming...?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2004 :  23:05:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know. Should that be a true bonus to Int and Wis, or a virtual one (that doesn't affect spellcasting)?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  01:00:43  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Targon reaches into one of his pockets and pulls out three items. He lays a choker with a small metal plate, a simple gold ring with four point stars on it and a ruby eye patch on the counter.* These are a few other items I've come across.

Choker of Enemies
This item is a simple chain choker that takes up the necklace spot. It fits snuggly against the neck with the small metal plate in the front. On the plate, each choker has an image. The image is what kind of enemy the choker is good against.
The choker allows you a Favored Enemy like a 15 level Ranger, but you only have one favored enemy. The type of enemy is chosen when the choker is made. The effect of the choker can stack with the Favored Enemy ability of a Ranger.

Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, Favored Enemy (same as choker) Market Price: 2,450g Weight: 1lb

Ring of Weapons
This item look like a normal gold ring but along the outside surface of the ring, there are many small 4-point stars. The stars are made of silver.
The ring allows you one Weapon Proficiency as if you had taken the feat but it only works when the ring is being worn. You must wear the ring for 24 hours before you get the effect.

Prerequisites: Forge Ring, Weapon Proficiency (Same as Ring) Market Price: 1,500g

Eye of Rage
The Eye of Rage looks like a normal eyes patch but it is made of a ruby instead of the fabric patch. The band that holds it is black and in the center of the ruby, it looks to have a reptillian pupil.
The Eye allows you to go into a Rage 4/day like a 15th level Barbarian.

Caster Level: 15th Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, Rage Ability Market Price: 3,000g

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  02:11:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would assume that a true bonus would be the most appropriate, or rather, just leave it to the DM to determine...

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  03:57:31  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadowlord emerges from the shadows, finds the Sage of Perth, and says,"Look for me on Sunday, as by that time, my item for mages will be complete. I must warn you, however, as this item was created with Shadow Weave Magic, and may inevitably drive the wearer insane if he/she does not worship Shar. Look for me on Sunday......."

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  07:02:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, they'll be here on Sunday then...

Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  14:53:04  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Harthor" +5 holy dragonbane greatsword
INT 19 WIS 10 CHA 19 AL LG Ego 33 Caster Level 20
Lesser Powers:
10 ranks in Diplomacy
10 ranks in Intimidate
10 ranks in Sense Motive
Locate Object 3/day
Greater Powers:
Improved Evasion
Overland Flight 1/day
Locate Creature 3/day
Special Purpose:
Slay Chromatic Dragons
Dedicated Power:
Casts True Resurection on wielder if slain by a chromatic dragon 1/month.

Harthor has hearing, darkvision, low-light vision, blindsense, and telepathy at 120', and confers these sensory benefits to the wielder when grasped by the hilt. The weapon can speak common, draconic, celestial, abyssal, infernal, and elvish.

All greater powers can only be used when grasping the sword's hilt. Wielder has no control over True Resurection.

Harthor's scabbard has its own powers:

-Casts cure serious wounds (3d8+15 healed) 3/day.
-Confers energy resistance 20 against fire, electricity, acid, cold, and corrosive gas (a green dragon's breath weapon).
-Should Harthor's blade ever break, placing the broken shards in the sheath heals the blade of 1 hp/day (see DMG for sword hp).

History
This weapon was forged by elves at the height of Myth Drannor's power. Near death and ancient beyond years, the bronze dragon Harthorilnaeryndrim passed her essence into the blade at its forging, forever living on in the pursuit of slaying evil dragons.

The blade brought low many dragons, even serving in the hands of a powerful elven paladin, Thilyarintor Shatterscale. During The Weeping War, Thilyarintor wielded Harthor against a host of green dragons, even slaying the ancient green wyrm Belgrazmoram single-handedly while both elves and daemons looked on in awe. In the chaos of the War, Harthor was lost as Thilyarintor was killed by a trio of beholders who converged their eye rays in a rain shower of destruction. All that was left were a few scattered ashes, and Harthor was lost to history. Elven sages tend to disagree on the path of the blade after the Weeping War. Some speculate that it was taken up and spirited off to Evermeet as the surviving elves fled the fallen city. Others speculate that the weapon was taken by a skulking green wyrm as a trophy for its hoard. Regardless, the weapon would not resurface for another hundred years.

Then, in the Year of the Broken Branch (864 DR), the human dragon slayer Gremain Yusseltassar of Baldur's Gate challenged Gnarlagon, or "Old Gnarl Bones," an ancient red dragon of unquestioned might lairing in the Desertsmouth Mountains. He wielded the ancient elven blade Harthor, and how he came to possess the blade is unknown. It is speculated that he and an elven sorceress fell in love, the blade symbolizing their love, but even Elminster is unsure of this possibility. During the raging conflict, Gremain somehow fell to the spells of the dragon. Harthor's power was known to Gnarlagon, and the dragon cast the blade into the mouth of the volcano he called his lair. There the blade rested for over five hundred years, buried deep beneath a massive pool of lava.

In the fall of the Year of Wild Magic (1372 DR), Harthor was found again. A trio of powerful adventurers out of the western Dalelands challanged the current residents of Gnarlagon's former volcanic lair. They were the human barbarian Rusk (origins unknown), the human cleric of Mystra Aldamar (a known wielder of spellfire hailing from Silverymoon), and the elven arch-wizard Khaltarah of Evereska. The current draconic occupants included a very old female red, her adult consort, and their brood consisting of dozens of wyrmlings and very young reds. The battle nearly destroyed the mountain itself, but the dragons were either killed or driven off, and as the she-dragon toppled into the massive lava pit below, she held Aldamar tightly in her jaws, taking him with her to his death. The two plummeted, and the human barbarian giant Rusk (some say he is blessed by either Mystra or Tempus in size and strength) fell with them, putting his great strength to the dragon's jaws, prying them open before impact three hundred feet below. Both he and the gargantuan dragon plunged into the lava as Aldamar flew free on the wings of his spells. If not for the protective spells of elven arch-mage Khaltarah, Rusk would have burned instantly. Unfortunately, Rusk's heavy armor made swimming nearly impossible, and the weight of the dragon carried him down to drown in the lava pit.

Accounts aren't clear on how Rusk (who prefers to allow other, more well-spoken companions tell his story) emerged from the lava with his life, but a few tense minutes after he disappeared beneath the lava, carried deeper by the weight of the dragon, Rusk burst forth in a great spray of lava, grasping a shining, bright white sword. Harthor had been found.

Harthor's scabbard was found in the hoard of the she-dragon and her brood, along with what was later learned to be the armor, shield, helmet, and gear of the long-slain human Gremain Yusseltassar.

The whereabouts of Gnarlagon have been lost to time and destruction. It is thought by dragon experts that he eventually grew to such size that his bulk gave him no place to rest and hide from the searching eyes of eager dragon slayers (or that he simply grew weary of Faerun - Elminster's view), and he left Toril for the Astral Plane, there to serve (and scheme against) Vlaakith, githyanki Lich-Queen, serving as the steward of Tu'narath, Vlaakith's city-stronghold. It has been said by explorers and githyanki alike that Old Gnarl Bones' treasure horde rivals that of all the kings of Faerun from all time past and present. That is, of course, only speculation.

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Crust on 30 Jan 2004 16:47:41
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  15:55:45  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...a very impressive weapon Crust. I'm amazed at the tie-in references you have included int he history section. I like that particular aspect of magical items, especially weapons that have a long and eventful history such as Harthor.

Although I do think it is a little overpowered, the amount of effort you have put into it's creation makes me think that I'd might like to try it out in a game first, before commenting further.

One thing I will ask about though is - You mentioned Vlaakith, the githyanki Lich-Queen...I'm assuming by this reference then, that she is still alive in your campaigns...?

Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  16:43:07  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's right, Vlaakith is searching the Dales for the suspected Tomb of Horrors. Should her quest to attain godhood fail, she will attempt to attain demi-lichdom (her backup plan), and she has sent her minions to seek out the tomb of the demi-lich Acerecak and unlock his powerful secrets (yeah, I know it's a crossover, but I've always wanted to make it through that module, and now I get the chance!). The PCs are both defending the Dales from her attacks and occupation, while researching the whereabouts of this tomb she is searching for (arch-wizard NPCs have determined her plans after much spellcasting and investigation).

As for the sword, yeah, it's very powerful, but I plan on having the PCs encounter Gnarlagon in his present form (an advanced great wyrm red dragon with 52 hit dice) sooner or later, and Harthor is a major component in that puzzle.

Vlaakith will be the major antagonist in the campaign until the PCs beat her minions to the Tomb (which is an archaeological site currently being studied by a large sect of Cult of the Dragon wizards and clerics of Bane - they inhabit the "wizards academy" found in the Return module). Of course, I plan on running the culminating adventure combo of the web-enhancement Tu'narath and The Lich-Queen's Beloved modules, which will mark the end of the campaign as we have known it, then move toward epic-level adventures (something I've never done before).

Should be interesting. I'm not sure if the group will be able to role-play through that, or if they'll have to fight their way through. I guess whoever gets there first, the PCs or the githyanki, will decide that. Perhaps the Cult sect would be happy to allow both the githyanki and the PCs to enter the Tomb and challenge the might of Acererak, leaving the Cult spellcasters to scry and eavesdrop on their progress, letting their "lackies" do all the work for them. Sounds like the Cult to me. I was originally going to change Acererak to Sammaster, but I threw that out as I would want to change around a great many things in the module, and I'd rather just run it as it stands.

Harthor is currently wielded by Rusk, a large human barbarian 13/fighter 3, alignment CN (Aldamar the cleric of Mystra permenantly cast enlarge person on him, thus, the rumor that Rusk is blessed by Mystra and/or Tempus, his patron deity). Obviously, the two don't mix as far as alignments (Harthor's is LG), so even though the blade is powerful, it still "controls" Rusk to a degree, especially in the presence of dragons. Should a chromatic make itself known (or fall within the range of Harthor's locate creature spell), Rusk will find himself drawing the blade and taking to the air without much of a choice (he prefers wielding his huge +3 vampiric great axe). The interesting thing about Rusk's might is that he wields Harthor as a longsword, and he may carry a tower shield as a heavy steel shield, and his full plate armor is +4 adamantine (he bought it with party gold and wore it and was holding his vampiric great axe as the enlarge person spell was cast). I have a great group.

The individual who plays Rusk has been taking fighter levels because he wants to stray away from his barbaric tendencies and undisciplined tactics. He has also mentioned an interest in the Champion of Gwynharwhf (Exhalted Deeds prestige class), which calls for an alignment of CG. Perhaps a wish or miracle spell is in order for that (perhaps both!). This all before he found Harthor, so things have fallen into place nicely. Of course, a CG alignment won't allow complete control over Harthor, but it's a step in a better direction.

I've also been toying with the idea that once Harthor casts her true resurection spell on the wielder, her powers go dormant to a certain degree. Perhaps her greater powers vanish for a tenday, or something similar. I haven't revealed the resurection ability to Rusk, so I feel I'm in the clear regarding what I change.

What do you think?

You can read more about my campaign here:http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1734&whichpage=2

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood

Edited by - Crust on 30 Jan 2004 18:34:26
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2004 :  01:57:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds like an incredible campaign Crust...You've obviously put a lot of effort into making this game as enriching, and historical interesting as possible...I like that...

You've also given me some ideas on how to incorporate Vlaakith into my FR campaign, after the Githyanki Incursion.

Thanks...

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2004 :  20:19:25  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Were my items not up to snuff for you, mighty sage? I would like if you could give me some insight into making them better if they could be better.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  05:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He probably forgot to say anything.

I liked the ring of weapons the best.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  14:17:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I greatly apologise Targon (but as I said elsewhere I've been extremely busy these last few days). I had actually wanted to send you a private ethereal message telling you all about what occured in the game with your items since several players picked a few of your creations from a treasure horde in my game last night. I've just had so little time to actually use the net (other than for research for my assignment), that all other concerns had to take a back seat.

Anyway, look for my write-up soon, it should also include (provided they finish their own reports in time) some of my players thoughts on your items as well...

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  23:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Targon blushes at his quickness of believing The Sage had forgotten him. Targon bows in hummility.* I am sorry for my quickness to assumptions. I will look forward to your write up and again feel honored yo have people using my ideas.*Targon turns to Bookwyrm.* Thank you for your imput. I am working on more items and I'll bring them when they are done.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  06:16:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is for the quandry presented over here. Since this was a spur-off-the-moment job, there's probably something wrong with it. For instance, I'm wondering if the spell level's too low.

Theft Alarm
Illusion (Figment)
Level: Brd 1, Clr 2, Sor/Wiz 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 round per object touched
Range: Touch
Target: 1 touched object/level
Duration: 24 hours/two levels
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: None

When the enspelled object is moved from its resting place by an unauthorized person, a monotonous voice begins to issue from it. Typically, this voice will declare itself the property of its actual owner, and will demand to be put back. If not done so, the voice will keep repeating until returned or the spell expires, gaining volume continuously.

The owner of the object is designated during casting, as are any persons (three maximum) allowed to touch it. (Different owners can be used for different objects, without recasting the spell.) The owner can suppress the spell as a standard action by speaking a code phrase, normally something nonsensical, and reactivate it in the same manner, so long as the owner is within ten feet and can be heard. This allows others to handle the object temporarily. If put down or otherwise abandoned by the owner, the spell remains in affect, activating if moved.

Material component: A piece of the owner and any authorized persons, such as an eyelash, hair, or fingernail clipping.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2004 :  09:37:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting...A little basic, but interesting nonetheless, and a really game-saver if this type of problem is a regular occurence in your games.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2004 :  16:58:37  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I did fix it up on the spot, Sage. It's basically a new speed record for me. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I actually got the idea from the book I'm currently reading, Peter Garrison's The Changeling War. In it, there's an ancient treasure room with tons of gold that once belonged to the House of Orange. But if you remove the gold, it starts yelling "This is the gold of Orange" and that there's a thief there.

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  01:58:20  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Targon walk into the store. He goes to the counter and pulls out a slim wand with a cresent moon on the top. He lays it on the counter.*
This is called the Wand of Moons. It may be small but it is tricky. I found it in some ruins in the Eversnow Mountains, north of Silvercourt. (Silvercourt is a city in my world.)

This wand was first made by a apprentice mage that was tired of his rivals. They would take his stuff and when their master held duels between them, they would use his own items against him. So he crafted the Wand of Moons.
One of his rivals did steal the wand and tried to use it against him. The thief found out his mistake too last. A sticky web trapped all that was in the room and the thief was kicked out as a thief and taitor, for it was against the rules to steal other apprentice's items.
The Wand has been duplacated many times but most never used them so the knowledge of what they did drifted into the background.

The wand looks like a small 6 inch wand of dark blue wood with stars running up its length, and a 3 inch cresent moon sits on the top of the wand. It casts Web on the wielder of the wand when it is used.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  08:54:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

Well, I did fix it up on the spot, Sage. It's basically a new speed record for me. If you have any suggestions, let me know.

I actually got the idea from the book I'm currently reading, Peter Garrison's The Changeling War. In it, there's an ancient treasure room with tons of gold that once belonged to the House of Orange. But if you remove the gold, it starts yelling "This is the gold of Orange" and that there's a thief there.

Actually I think it is alright the way that it is. What I meant by 'basic' was that it's nice to see that scribes here still like to create and use general-purpose magic items that serve mundane functions. If nothing else, I intend to use it in a RL game soon...in other words, it's on the list...

I like this item Targon, and I can think of at least two players in my group which I would hope would find such an item among a treasure cache. Are there any other stats for this item...?

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2004 :  15:03:03  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't think of anything. Wait, it has magical runes along the wand,but not on the cresent moon. The runes are just decoration. When someboy tries to detect a magical presence of it , it glows really brightly but it's hard to tell it's cursed (casts Web on wielder).

Go to Top of Page

Aman the Rejected
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  22:34:30  Show Profile  Visit Aman the Rejected's Homepage Send Aman the Rejected a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a couple of things to be introduced soon into my game:

First, a new armor descriptor:

Campaigning : When prolonged wars wage, warlords ask their artificers for
new and better weapons to fight with. This is one such enchantment. A
Campaigner Armor has been fashioned in a way to maximize its comfort,
especially over long periods of time. When sleeping in Campaigner Armor, it
produces an invisible "cushion" of air, preventing fatigue or discomfort.
Further, the wearer is fully rested in only half the time as normal. Faint
Transmutation; CL 7th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor; levitate, sleep; Price +2
Bonus.

Second, a new spell:

Longstrider, Mass
Transmutation
Level: Drd 3, Rgr 2, Travel 2
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: 1 full round
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: You and an additional 1 creature/2 levels.
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes

This spell affects your and other affected creatures' base land speed by
10ft/5 levels. (This adjustment counts as an enhancement bonus). It has no
effect on other modes of movement, such as burrow, climb, fly or swim.

Material Component: A pinch of dirt and a piece of hoof or claw of a land
bound creature (such as a deer or cheetah).

-"The night went by peacefully and your watch was unsuccessful."
-"What do you mean? Am I blind now?"
Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2004 :  23:17:24  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a noticeable drop in the temperature inside the store. In the time it takes for a puff of breath to fade away, the Icewolf fades into view. "Sage, I found something in my tower that I had forgotten about. Quite an interesting piece of work here, though more vindictive than I would be..."

Inferno Blast Throwing Axes
Description: These bronze axes always come in sets of 5, and in a bronze case with the picture of a fire elemental crafted on it. These throwing axes always feel warm to the touch, in even the coldest climate, and are perfectly balanced. They have a ring of flame etched on the grip.

Powers: These +3 throwing axes are said to contain the rage and power of the strongest of Fire Elementals. Upon a succesful hit, They deal an initial 1d6+3 points of damage. If the victim does not succeed at a Reflex save, to pull the weapon away, the weapon unleashes a fireball as cast by a 15th level caster. (DC: 15)
1d4 rounds after said blast, the axe returns to the case.
Note: If spell resistance negates the initial blast, the target creature still takes 6d6 points of fire damage due to the proximity of the blast.

Background: Created by Alean Browsdren, these axes were crafted to torment an enermously powerful fire elemental who attacked the wizard's adventuring party. Captured through a Soul Bind spell, the Elemental's mind and will were stripped away, and stored withing the case, whilst its life force was transferred into the axes.

{I'm sorry to those who read that through twice. Somehow, I hit quote intead of edit...

Edited by - Icewolf on 12 Feb 2004 21:42:56
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  01:58:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...the pages containing the catalogue of items in the Magic Shop seems to have decreased in size....?

Icewolf while I rather liked those 'Inferno Blast Throwing Axes', I can't help but feel they were partly inspired from something in the MTG game...

Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  09:29:17  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage
Icewolf while I rather liked those 'Inferno Blast Throwing Axes', I can't help but feel they were partly inspired from something in the MTG game...

Really? I've never played it. I just like explosions
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  09:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm...the pages containing the catalogue of items in the Magic Shop seems to have decreased in size....?

Well met

Worry not, Sage, no items have been stolen from your shop I have merely rearranged the shelves to allow for more writings per page (increasing from 20 to 25). Everything is still intact

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  11:21:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Worry not, Sage, no items have been stolen from your shop I have merely rearranged the shelves to allow for more writings per page (increasing from 20 to 25). Everything is still intact

Oh, I wasn't too worried, as I knew that was most likely the reason. What I had meant to add was that I would now need to re-save most of the pages again...to take into account, the resizing of the pages...

It was the name of your item Icewolf, that triggered those thoughts. It just sounded like a very Dominarian-type name...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2004 :  17:03:20  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're actually able to save the pages? No matter which computer I try that on, it always freezes up.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2004 :  07:34:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, that's the secret of being a Master of Programming as well as a Master of Realmslore...

Seriously though, I don't understand why you'd be having a problem saving, unless your browser is not set up correctly...?

Are you using Internet Explorer, or some other browser package...?

Go to Top of Page

Icewolf
Learned Scribe

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2004 :  16:06:00  Show Profile  Visit Icewolf's Homepage Send Icewolf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TheIcewolf reaches into a bag at his hip, and pulls out a scroll. "I found a cache of these being hoarded by a dragon. She was quite willing to give them up, after I helped save her eggs from a stupid sorceror who had hired a thief to steal them..."

Kill List

This scroll can be used by anyone. It must be translated by someone who can usually use scrolls.
Instructions: Place flat on a surface, and strike firmly with the weapon of choice.
Power: When struck with a weapon, a permenant Magic Mouth appears on a visible part of the weapon. (For swords, for example, it could be on the blade, crosspiece, or the base of the hilt.
This Magic Mouth will speak a list of all the kills made by the current wielder of the weapon. Note, that this list start after the scroll is used, and is not retroactive.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000