Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Anauroch: The Sundering of the World
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  03:55:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk
stuff
Forget the unexplained pyramids with maybe a lich in it and check out the Osirion Pathfinder Companion for some very well explained pyramids.

Or maybe stay on topic and discuss Realms material, since this is a Forgotten Realms forum.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2009 :  05:25:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Jakk
stuff
Forget the unexplained pyramids with maybe a lich in it and check out the Osirion Pathfinder Companion for some very well explained pyramids.

Or maybe stay on topic and discuss Realms material, since this is a Forgotten Realms forum.

Or, alternatively, use the Osirion material to plot something out for the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Balabanto
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2009 :  06:26:03  Show Profile  Visit Balabanto's Homepage Send Balabanto a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My biggest problem with Anauroch is the general lack of information on it's inhabitants other than Shades. They talk about the Bedine like it's taboo to talk about them, and didn't even bother explaining some of the other voodoo that went into this adventure, which barely made sense in the first place.

The worst part was that if you used material beyond the PHB, the master villains died to orb spells in less than two rounds.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2009 :  05:45:30  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are these three modules any good at all? My group plays mostly elves and other non-human races, but I don't know how they would do with Cormyr and Shadowdale, let alone the last one.

Can I have some insight possibly?
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3243 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2009 :  13:59:51  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoyed running them for my group. But, like any published adventure/module, you need to be able to tweak things for your group to make it more enjoyable. For instance, the group I ran for fell into the 'Monty Haul' category, so I spent a lot of time in Shadowdale finding ways for them NOT to be able to fly off to Cormyr to sell their swag and upgrade their gear. Of course, this lead to the beginning of Anauroch being them going to Myth Drannor and hiring smiths and artificers to spend a couple of weeks getting them everything they wanted. And that, my friends, led to me needing to increasing the CR's of the rest of Anauroch's encounters.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Amraz one arm
Acolyte

Netherlands
42 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2009 :  13:45:13  Show Profile  Visit Amraz one arm's Homepage Send Amraz one arm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah like the bit of lore crunch here in there in the book, loved the windsung tower. Cause it was more role-playing then my players did in the entire adventure. But like Ashe, the players became just to powerful. With them plane shifting to Waterdeep constantly to buy and sell their goods.
Which is a sign that my players now to much about Faerun than I would like...
But hey to stop them from storming the twisted-towers. (30 banite priest be damned) I had to put a huge false image of a red-dragon on top of it.

"You smell human to me."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000