Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Fellaren Krae Project...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

LucianBarasu
Fellaren-Krae Co-ordinator

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  01:13:46  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Victor. Thank you, The info you've created must have taken you hours,and I appreciate the time you've taken working on it. Although, Zimme was put in charge of creating the Military. Posting this information on the forum has no effect in getting it to be the true version of Fellaren' Krae's army and population.

Anything from here on out dealing with Fellaren krae, gets emailed DIRECTLY to me, to be then held for Alaundo until he is ready to post up on the website. Posting it in this forum is good, but if that is not the eventual true account of the population, it will do nothing but confuse people who come here to help us all with FK.

IF you have anything else for Fellaren Krae, please send it to me, which will then be spell checked and then sent to Alaundo for Final Edit, then uploading to Candlekeep.

Again thank you for your time and research, and I hope the section you chose to work on, the surrounding areas, comes out with equal attention to detail.

Lucian "The Bringer" Barasu
Fellaren Krae Project Co-Ordinator

"Why do you cry?"
"He is Conan, Cimmerian. He won't cry... So I cry for him."

Edited by - LucianBarasu on 24 Dec 2006 01:16:27
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  01:18:43  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Besshalar

Okay granted I got carried away a bit but running into them in the sewers is very likely to say the least ... What do you think otherwise does it make sense ?

Yes, working it that way is fine. But saying that no one will use the sewers, kills the point of describing it. if no one can go in there, no one will adventure in there, hence no one will bother with it.
Saying that anyone will run into a member of the thief's guild is ALOT better, it says "enter at your own risk" kind of thing. much better. i like it.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  07:35:09  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new version is underway and it will probably be ready after christmas....

The large print giveth , and the small print taketh away.
-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  10:00:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Thank ye all for thy time and dedication on this project. Just to clarify, LucianBarasu is now co-ordinating Fellaren-Krae development. Please send any article submissions to him for editing and drop me a brief email (or simply CC me) to keep me in the loop of developments. I'll update the Fellaren-Krae section of the with completed articles within site update releases.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  10:06:37  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay I'm really sorry Zimme, but i said to you that i would post an exampel of how it could be done. I got carried away LucianBarasu, Besshalar showed me a sneak peak on the guild, and then i just made Azthor Emberblade.

Almost done with the surrounding areas.

Sorry.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 24 Dec 2006 10:07:05
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  10:56:03  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
not a problem Victor. No one is yelling. Misscommunication is commonplace expecially when it's over the net. The info you posted is awesome. I like it, but get with Zimme if you want to help with the military and population part of FK. NOONE has a monopoly on any part of FK. We're all helping each other build this "sailboat" so when it's done we can let it go on the ocean to float on it's own. Hell, I even took accepted help with the maps, No one is solo on any part of this. Thank you again for your interest in FK, I, and I can speak for Zimme, ARE BOTH glad for any help from anyone.

As Al said, send anything to me for updating and CC Al or just drop him a line telling him what you sent me. I will be sending AL an email once I recieve anything from anyone, so either way, we're keeping Al in the loop. He is the one who will do the final posting and final edit. I get it to clean anything up or send it back to you to chang things that might conflict with anything already posted on the project. (I'm the editor, Al is the Editor-In-Chief.)

AGAIN thanks to all who have taken the time to help Zimme and myself and Alaundo Claus with the project.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2006 :  16:27:40  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have an admission I got VERY angry when i read that(I have a quick temper, but luckily it does not last very long), ... and deleted my entire work on the armed forces of FK!!! :/ hmm gotta learn to control that better.... anyways thats the long and short of it, cant be changed now, I will discuss this turn of events with lucian, and we will see what comes out of it, but the show must go on

My work output here in the jolly x-mas time, isent and will not be that great *bows in respect to lucian, the workoholic*, but i promise that after the holidays I will flood the project with much compleded work. Thank you in advance for you patience Lucian

And a happy and merry x-mas to all of you jolly keepers!

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Edited by - Zimme on 24 Dec 2006 16:35:04
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2006 :  19:31:01  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zimme i am back working at the surrounding areas. I really didnt mean anything bad with the input i made.

If you still are up to the part making the army, i have some god idears.

Seek on google and read about : Medieval soldiers (There are many different regiment)

Take a look at : City of Splendors - Waterdeep concerning merchanarys.

And about you´re quick temper....... It´s normal you are a Dane, and you have viking blod in youre veins.

I am sad to hear that you have deleted youre entire work.

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 25 Dec 2006 19:31:53
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  21:26:12  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"If you still are up to the part making the army, i have some god idears."

My friend Zimme plz respond to my messege.

What about
Griffon Company / Sergeant Griff
The Navy

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  21:42:50  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you go ahead and take that part! Im done with it.

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  23:19:40  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Victor = doing the population and military and guards
Zimme = Adventuring guild and NPCs.
Me= maps and sewer map. Sewers have been fleshed out already by another.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  18:02:00  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way is the point where the whole project is to be written down under 2nd edition rules still valid ?
Just noticed that now...

-Tom Waits

Edited by - Besshalar on 02 Jan 2007 18:03:25
Go to Top of Page

LucianBarasu

USA
214 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  00:52:27  Show Profile  Visit LucianBarasu's Homepage Send LucianBarasu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol go third.
do it in 3rd edition.

"Why do you cry?"
Go to Top of Page

Besshalar
Learned Scribe

Finland
166 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2007 :  09:47:47  Show Profile  Visit Besshalar's Homepage Send Besshalar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought so ...

-Tom Waits
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  08:31:35  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Today lucian appered in the "contact the scribes" section! Along with such lofty individuals as Wooly Rupert and the great Alaundo himself. To rise so high from so humble beginnings *bows down and begins chanting:we are not worthy...we are not...*

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  08:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

Today lucian appered in the "contact the scribes" section! Along with such lofty individuals as Wooly Rupert and the great Alaundo himself. To rise so high from so humble beginnings *bows down and begins chanting:we are not worthy...we are not...*

Well met

Aye, and with this site update has the first of Lucian's work appearing in the Fellaren-Krae section of the site. Over the next number of updates we'll see more work from the scribes involved in this project

Back to work, Zimme...ye have work to do

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  16:09:40  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As allways your word is law to me o' exalted one! *turning back to the titanic pile of books and scrolls on his desk*

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  21:36:43  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I also did my part of the job but I just found this topic with the maps for the first time Are you gonna post the maps also in the Felaren Krae section of the site?

What I made

Legends & Lore: The hag's doll is an old legend about a broken love and a cursed doll. I also made the main villain , the doll herself" ready to play as NPC

Temples:The House of Lust is a temple dedicated to Sharess. I placed this temple in the red-light district. Maybe with your help we can give this district a good place in the city. Also included are 3 NPC's Phybelsian the highpriestess, Avigail a priestess & Weisheng her bodyguard with oriental roots (Kara-Tur)

Sewers More information about Fellaren-Krae sewer system: It is also noteworthy that The Downsare the only place in Fellaren-Krae without sewers under it. They have another way to get rid of their mess

The Great Library + NPC: A library located in the Gold Ward where people can find knowledge. There is also a very rare book "Libris Amaunathor" located here. (another exemplar is located in Candlekeep).

The Boar Strenght's Blacksmith + NPC: a blacksmith/Weaponsmith/Armourer in one. It is the biggest smith in the city.

The Roasted Goose: This is a typical tavern. NPC's are coming soon.

Edit:ok, because I missed this topics I have made a work that was already a project of one of yours , sorry guys.

I also made the project in AD&D rules. What do you guys prefer? second or third? But I suppose it's better to take only 1 edition at a time. We can convert to 3'rd edition (or AD&D) on a later time.

3'rd: I sent my mails only to Alaundo, ... do I have to sent it also to you Lucian?

Edited by - boddynock on 09 Mar 2007 21:59:31
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  10:08:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, boddynock.

Worry not, no harm done I'll contact ye privately about this.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  19:12:48  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My fellow scribes,

I would like to ask you guys for a lil' bit help in creating the red-light district of Fellaren-Krae. Like every important city, Fellaren-Krae has is ghetto's (the downs --> created by Lucian Barru) but also a red-light district.

At the moment I only have made the house of lust. This temple dedicated to Sharess is a bacon of light in the red-light district. The temple is an enigma because it is not only a place of worship but also serves as a fest hall and a brothel. The current High Priestess Phybelsian (CG female Human P8) is a charismatic woman in her late twenties who leads the temple with full devotion. She enjoys the pleasures of life but is also a fierce protector of the girls of the street. Since the temple exist in the red-light district more and more girls are freed from the iron grip of their pimps and can do their job in a safe place. At this moment, the underground organisations didn’t dare to act openly against the temple but this will be a matter of time.

So there is a kind of "womantrade" <-- don't know if that's the correct word in the city. Evil men who abuse women and submit them to prostitute themselves and who get rich by the girls. Any other ideas to make this area more intresting are welcome. Maybe we can also look for a perfect location on the maps to put it. (Temple is located in the centre of the district)

I made the temple and the NPC's in second edition. If you guys prefer third edition, I can change it to third edition ... just let me know. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4687 Posts

Posted - 10 Mar 2007 :  20:07:45  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms have a different moral compus. I am not saw there is a need for a district that is involved in illegal positution. In most locations it strikes me that coin girls, etc. are legal and some indeed likely pay taxes. Of course there will be those that seek to take advantage and or will kidnapped people to serve unwillingly, but the level of criminality would be much less then cutpurses (stealing coin girls money) then the number of coin girls forced to work for a pimp.

If the city indeed has criminalised prostitution, the temple of course would be subject to strif.

As to where Houses of Joy would be located, in general next to taverns, next to milatary bases, and merchant ways (or traveler district). All in all places where a lot of lonely people rountinely appear, docks for example for a seaport city.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon

Edited by - Kentinal on 10 Mar 2007 20:09:04
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  22:09:16  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, at the moment I'm helping victor with the swamp in the vicinity of the city. When I have more ... I let you guys know :)
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  22:27:00  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is someone bussy with converting the second edition characters of Fellaren Krae to 3.5? If not I can start with converting a few of them?
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 18 Mar 2007 :  23:02:37  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done with

Deskription of Fellaren Krae (Large city)
- Population
- Authority Figures
- Importent Carekters

The Militia and City Watch
- Ground legins (Soldier’s)
- Water legions (The Navy)
- Air legions (Griffon Company)

Rumour and open knowledge in the city
- Temple of the Sunless Dawn
- Lighthouse
- The Bandit Cave
- The Abandoned Copper Mine
- The Sea Cave
- The Ghost ship

- The old Graveyard (boddynock)
- The black Swamp (boddynock)

Working on the map (Surrounding environment) plz send me the new map of the city

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2007 :  08:02:01  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Important note about environment

I just took a look in my second edition boxed set: Elminster Ecologies. Inside the box was a book that was dedicated to the coastal aquatic lands: the sea of fallen stars. In the book was a map and in the vicinity of Fellaren-Krae was a crabman lair located.
(a few mile in the west of the city and on the shore)

The crabmen are largely apeaceful group. They keep to themselves, which precludes them from being a threat to settlements. (but some people find them tasty, so that can bring other problems )

The crabmen leave large round pellets of sand and dirt near their lairs :-)

Edited by - boddynock on 21 Mar 2007 22:00:01
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1073 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  10:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I am done making the work I am doing boddynock and Alaundo.

I would be glad if I could start to create some of the commoners
that live in the city, and the different guilds.

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  11:38:47  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
sounds great Victor. I just need your help with the temple in the swamp. I suppose this will be a more difficult part of the swamp to make. I also try to sent the first versions of the dragon & the main black lizard folk characters at sunday. In your private message you will find now a small piece about the undertakers of the graveyard.

I still have to make the bardic character from the roasted gooze & the story about the witches, but that can eventually be later on schedule. About the npc's it a good idea to make time for the normal characters like bakers, carpenters, butchers etc.

Also .. don't forget that there are also normal houses in the city. Places where people just live and not work

Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  19:24:04  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i'm also working on laws and punishments.
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2007 :  14:39:28  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ask it before but didn't got an answer yet :-)
Is someone busy converting the posted AD&D game stats of NPC's yet? If not I will do it :-)
Go to Top of Page

boddynock
Learned Scribe

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2007 :  07:27:26  Show Profile  Visit boddynock's Homepage Send boddynock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started wit the conversion of al the posted NPC's to 3.5
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000