Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New covers: II/2007
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

E.M.Gist
Forgotten Realms Artist

5 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2007 :  23:34:33  Show Profile  Visit E.M.Gist's Homepage Send E.M.Gist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For anyone who is interested here is a link to the final cover art for Howling Delve

http://www.erikgist.com/howdel.html
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  00:06:18  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it--it's still creepy.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  08:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by E.M.Gist

For anyone who is interested here is a link to the final cover art for Howling Delve

Well met, Erik, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Thanks for the update, i'll get this changed on the novel page on the site

Are there to be any other FR novel covers (or other WotC novels) that you'll be working on in the future?

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

E.M.Gist
Forgotten Realms Artist

5 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  17:19:28  Show Profile  Visit E.M.Gist's Homepage Send E.M.Gist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met, Erik, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Thanks for the update, i'll get this changed on the novel page on the site

Are there to be any other FR novel covers (or other WotC novels) that you'll be working on in the future?

I am currently finishing off the last two Dungeons covers and I have done three Ravenloft covers that will be coming out over the next year. Hopefully there will be more coming.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  17:34:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erik!

Well done on Depths!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

E.M.Gist
Forgotten Realms Artist

5 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  18:40:45  Show Profile  Visit E.M.Gist's Homepage Send E.M.Gist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Erik

It always makes me very happy to hear that a writer likes my interpretation of their work

Edited by - E.M.Gist on 12 Jan 2007 18:41:35
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  21:36:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Erik

It always makes me very happy to hear that a writer likes my interpretation of their work

Well met

Whenever you're free to show the finished art for the other books, remember to stop by here and let us know, Erik

I must say that I find the art for The Howling Delve to be quite...nightmarish Eerie!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2007 :  22:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow, Erik... that is a great cover!

I liked your other art as well - you really know how to use perspective to add depth to a picture! And welcome to Candlekeep on my behalf, too!

BTW, Alaundo, shouldn't Erik's title be changed to 'Forgotten Realms Artist'?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Jan 2007 :  10:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asgetrion

BTW, Alaundo, shouldn't Erik's title be changed to 'Forgotten Realms Artist'?

Well met

Quite right, Asgetrion. It's a good job one of us is on the ball

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2007 :  18:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks Erik

You definitely made this writer happy. Just ask Erik, when I saw Howling Delve's cover for the first time, I was completely jazzed. :)

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page

O Love
Acolyte

Germany
49 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2007 :  21:24:00  Show Profile  Visit O Love's Homepage Send O Love a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We are eagerly awaiting the next covers, first and foremost for the yet to be named third novel.
Go to Top of Page

E.M.Gist
Forgotten Realms Artist

5 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2007 :  22:08:08  Show Profile  Visit E.M.Gist's Homepage Send E.M.Gist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jaleigh
You guys are just making my week
I am working on both 3 and 4 at the same time, to tell the truth I am not sure which is which. I will definetly post them when I can, I think early Feb
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2007 :  23:10:03  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You guys are just making my week

Good thing to happen on a Monday.

quote:
I am working on both 3 and 4 at the same time, to tell the truth I am not sure which is which. I will definetly post them when I can, I think early Feb

Maybe we can get Rosemary to identify hers . . .

Looking forward to it!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2007 :  20:55:00  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

[quote]Originally posted by Asgetrion

Well met

Quite right, Asgetrion. It's a good job one of us is on the ball

Oooh... Big Al didn't smack me with his staff! What in sweet Faerūn is going on?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

E.M.Gist
Forgotten Realms Artist

5 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  20:43:57  Show Profile  Visit E.M.Gist's Homepage Send E.M.Gist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the final two covers for the Dungeon series, hope you enjoy
www.erikgist.com/images/stardeep.jpg
www.erikgist.com/images/moaningdiamond.jpg
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  21:17:26  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooh, I like.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  22:00:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed -- those are pretty snazzy. With very much that life-like *fear* quality you might find on horror movie posters.

Quite a coincidence that three of the covers depict blondes, no? All of them in very different postures and clearly very different characters -- you can tell just by looking.

Well done, Erik -- you seem to have presented three women of similar stature (the athletic sort of build, the hair-color, adventurers) and in similar contexts (dark, dungeon-delving, etc), yet maintained them as separate, unique characters, with stories all their own.

Good show!

Cheers

P.S. Three girls and a geezer, eh? Hmm.

Something you're not telling us, Jaleigh?

(Maybe she WASN'T kidding about the "romantic lead" bit.)

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  22:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Quite a coincidence that three of the covers depict blondes, no?

I noticed that, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Jaleigh J.
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
139 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2007 :  22:18:21  Show Profile  Visit Jaleigh J.'s Homepage Send Jaleigh J. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
P.S. Three girls and a geezer, eh? Hmm.

Something you're not telling us, Jaleigh?

Lol, I can't do it...too many bad jokes crowded into my head at once, I can't even go there. ;)

But I agree wholeheartedly, the covers are great.

http://www.jaleighjohnson.com
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jaleigh_johnson
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000