Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Underdark hobgoblins and drow
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2007 :  23:55:22  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have actually come up with my own organizational structure for Sythillis army, which does place ogres well above hill giants in the hierarchy.

The ogres so vastly outnumber hill giants in Sythillis army (a ratio of literally 100:1) that one wonders why ogres flourished in the region when hill giants apparently did not.

Sythillis' army includes only 45 hill giants (the Skullgnasher tribe), whereas he has 4,800 ogres. Sythillis' army trained in a secret complex within the Small Teeth for 14 years prior to the invasion of central Amn in 1370. I'm now trying to invent an explanation for why the hill giant numbers are so low compared to the ogres.
Go to Top of Page

Koushiro
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  09:19:15  Show Profile  Visit Koushiro's Homepage Send Koushiro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The answer could be as simple as that when the ogres started consolidating into a single tribe, they began attacking any hill giant that would not jion up with them, and with the hill giants seeing themselves as being above ogres, only a few were willing to.
This could also be used as a reason how the various ogre tribes were formed into one group. The ogre mages pionting the hill giants out as threat towards ogre society if they were unwilling to become a part of it, thus making the tribes fear the giants and want to become part of a larger group so as to protect themselves against them. This is all pure speculation, and none of it is based in canon though.
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  22:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, that's definitely a sensible idea!

As far as I know there's no canon explanation for it. I consider stuff like this left open for the DM to fill in the blanks, so it need only be consistent with canon. Any further suggestions will be appreciated. :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000