Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Greetings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  05:36:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings Realmsians. I look forward to the interesting discussions to come.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Lost Elph
Seeker

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  06:13:27  Show Profile  Visit Lost Elph's Homepage Send Lost Elph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
welcome hehe i get to say this now if you have any questions feel free to ask them and you will get answers.... hehe sorry really hyper right now ow thats a wall

I`m not lost, my dreams are.

I am one of those people who go through life unseen, but I don`t think of it as a bad thing, no I think of it as an opportunity
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  06:33:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-_-' Um, yes, Elph, that is a wall. In fact, it's a wall without any shelves . . . or books . . . Hey, Alaundo, you missed one!

*ahem* Excuse me -- George, is it? Yes, welcome to our little corner of the Realms, where we also try to corner the information market on the same. So, if you have any questions, just ask and we shall try to provide. And if we can't, then we'll direct you to those who can. And then we'll copy from them so that we'll have it too. That is, if we can do it without the Harpers coming after us.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  07:02:09  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Bookwyrm: No, we won't come after you if you copy information. We'll come after you if you hoarde information!
Can't have any of that! No no!

Anyway, greetings Mr. Krashos, and welcome. As the venerable Bookwyrm says, if you have any questions, we shall endeavor to answer them for you. May you find what you seek here.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  08:31:57  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep George!
Im sure youll find this forum a very friendly and informative place for learning about the Realms...although you maybe a master of the Realms and know more than any of us anyway

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  08:36:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well....::puff pant:: Met, George Krashos

::runs into entrance hall with hammer in hand after rushing to fix up new shelf onto the empty wall::

Welcome to Candlekeep, I hope you enjoy your stay within these walls and indeed learn and share much Realmslore knowledge with my fellow scribes.

If you require any assistance during your stay then please feel free to call on me.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Sadonayerah Odrydin
Learned Scribe

USA
210 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  08:44:38  Show Profile  Visit Sadonayerah Odrydin's Homepage Send Sadonayerah Odrydin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah man! I'm late again!!! Lol.

Well met and welcome to Candlekeep! As mentioned previously, if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.

"What's that," asked Mogget.
"Sardines," said Sam. "I knew they were standard rations, so I got a few tins for you."
"What are sardines?" Moggest asked suspiciously. "And why is there a key? Is this some sort of Abhorsen joke?"
Abhorsen by Garth Nix

"What you made a vampire...Pomeranian?!" --Hannibal King from Blade Trinity

~Sadie
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  09:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry, Sadon. If you notice, Artalis and Alexis have yet to arrive . . .

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  09:11:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thank you all for your messages of welcome. I intend to be as productive a memeber as is possible. My FR area of interest are the North, Cormyr and Impiltur. To a long association!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  11:37:52  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Sadon, you are not late until Artalis come.

Bienvenue George! As others said before me, i hope your stay is pleasant
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  14:12:14  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well youve certainly brought a lot of valuable Realmslore with you George, judging by your posts so far Good to have you within Candlekeep.

Nice to have someone who works on FR material too!

Now then, whats this nasty rumor I hear?!?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"

Edited by - Lord Rad on 11 Apr 2003 14:15:59
Go to Top of Page

branmakmuffin
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  17:21:04  Show Profile  Visit branmakmuffin's Homepage Send branmakmuffin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George Krashos:
quote:
Greetings Realmsians. I look forward to the interesting discussions to come.

I was hoping to get in some condescending pontification with a smattering of incoherent belittling rhetoric, but if I must settle for mere "discussion", so be it.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  19:27:06  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And how much time did you let elapse while contemplating your thesaurus before you formulated your reply, Branmakmuffin?

Just thought I'd get in some condescending bits of my own.

Go to Top of Page

Elrond Half Elven
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  22:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Elrond Half Elven's Homepage Send Elrond Half Elven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail George Krashos, *Looks Around* Great i see that i will NOT be the last to greet thee.
Enjoy your Stay, and welcome.
Hanx Elrond

Once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore-
While i nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
-The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  23:33:28  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
/runs in and notices that the two A's haven't made it in yet
/thinks to herself "I am safe"

Hail and Honor,
Welcome to Candlekeep! Please sit back and relax, read a tome, discuss things with scribes, or have a pint at the Inn. I look forward to seeing you in the halls or the Inn. Again, welcome!

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  00:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, George Krashos. I hope you enjoy your stay in the great walls of Candlekeep or the Candlekeep Inn.

Edited by - Drummer Boy on 12 Apr 2003 23:28:08
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  10:40:27  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've read all of your replies: WONDERFUL! I doubt that we'll be able to find a question that you can't answer!
Do you know every FR books?! Have you read them all?
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  17:22:47  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Stumbles into the room looking a bit...inebriated. Mumbles "Sorry, I lost track of time at the Inn, the company of a lovely lady can do that..."*

"Um.... Welcome?"

"Hey, why are my ears burning?"

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  18:30:32  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
/hands Artalis some ice for his ears
/whispers You beat Alexis though
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6662 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2003 :  03:40:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zemd wrote:
>I've read all of your replies: WONDERFUL! I doubt that we'll be >able to find a question that you can't answer!
>Do you know every FR books?! Have you read them all?

I've got practically every single FR product ever made. I have binder upon binder of photocopied FR Dragon and Polyhedron articles. More binders with scattered realmslore from Ed, Steven and Eric and yes, I do read them all. Constantly. It's the only way to learn this stuff.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  00:23:05  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
<Alexis stumbles in looking a little bedraggled, though whether the effect has been caused by a good nights 'company' or a drunken attempt to fight his way through one of the hedges in Candlekeep on the way back to his quarters is hard to tell>

Er...Well met! I hope that your stay here is a most productive one as mine is turning out to be

<Makes his way to his desk and uses the covient pile of scrolls as a pillow>

(P.S. I have been camping in the wilds of England for the past few days and so have had no access to the site...so many Active Topics!!!)

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  01:08:37  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome! This is a wonderul place and I hope you enjoy yourself.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  15:38:58  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zemd is always too fast when she does something, isn't she?
But she had also read all books -or maybe not?- ever written by DnD, except the books i have...
then she should, its true that its the very firts edition from 1978 and now totally useless, but there are some ideas she should see, so to speak.
im so bad !!!

Its a bit late, but welcome...
I do like this forum, even if im not often on.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2003 :  15:44:27  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Not often"? If I'm remembering correctly here, you didn't post from November until just recently!

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  12:36:42  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, yes... but i do work a lot... when i work
i dont have any computer at home and have to use those in the school... and since i dont have car, i have to walk to go back. So, i prefered to come back in a car with some friends just when the time school is finished...
Are u satisfied?

Well, i think i could be on sometimes, its true.

But, im here now ! be happy !!!!
No, ok...
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2003 :  04:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Looks at everyone else and realizes that he may just be the absolute last one in:: Oh, drat. Well, better late than never, as many say! Welcome to the great library of Candlekeep; may your stay be pleasant.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2003 :  09:44:46  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like ur picture, Malice. really great... The name comes well with it too.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  13:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eilinel

I like ur picture, Malice. really great... The name comes well with it too.

Really? Thank you, Eilinel.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2003 :  15:51:04  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ur welcome too...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000