Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Uthgardt: Shamans and other beast totems
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dorn
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  15:54:45  Show Profile  Visit dorn's Homepage Send dorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Lo all,

I was wondering how the shamans of one beast totem would regard the shamans etc of another.

For an example.

Character A ressurects the Golden Eagle tribe. They are in danger. He goes to the sky pony's and asks for some help to keep the totem spirit alive.

Now i know they fight each other all the time, but they are all uthgadt and these animals/beast totems are all associated with their god Uthgar. SO would they stop their internal wars to aid the survival of an other beast totem of their gods? Or decimate it to have only their beast totem remain?

w2b
Acolyte

Italy
30 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  20:28:09  Show Profile  Visit w2b's Homepage Send w2b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in 'the north- guide to the savage frontier', it states that uthgardt frequently fight among themselves, as you say. black ravens are constantly fighting against thunderbeasts and griffons, all tribes generally respect the thunderbeasts' chieftain (gundar brontoskin) and would join him as a horde. they all hate orcs.

that said all the tribes care for themselves, normally they don't necessarily care about other tribes. they can respect them, hate them, some would like to kill others, some respect each other... it depends also on the person you ask to, and what the circumstances are.

if the golden eagle tribe is resurrected and you go to the red ponies for help, you must consider they already have a harsh life to lead without them trying to bring back another tribe from warrior's rest... and if they did, what do you bet they'd force the newly resurrected tribe to join their ranks?... maybe sky pony himself, or even uthgar, might have something to say in that regard... uthgar does love his people... the matter would certainly be serious enough to warrant a test of strength to see if the golden eagles are worth the effort...

just my rather uninformed opinion...
Go to Top of Page

dorn
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  16:13:40  Show Profile  Visit dorn's Homepage Send dorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uninformed perhaps, but better than anythin i had and appreciated!
thanks mate.
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  16:27:31  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dorn

Lo all,

I was wondering how the shamans of one beast totem would regard the shamans etc of another.

For an example.

Character A ressurects the Golden Eagle tribe. They are in danger. He goes to the sky pony's and asks for some help to keep the totem spirit alive.

Now i know they fight each other all the time, but they are all uthgadt and these animals/beast totems are all associated with their god Uthgar. SO would they stop their internal wars to aid the survival of an other beast totem of their gods? Or decimate it to have only their beast totem remain?

I imagine the actual spirits, being Uthgar's servants, really don't fight among themselves...and like most religions, the intra-tribal strife is "man-made"...each spirit helps their own tribe but in "celestial" politics there is no intra-spirit strife (once the currupt Blue Bear spirit was slain)

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

w2b
Acolyte

Italy
30 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  17:17:03  Show Profile  Visit w2b's Homepage Send w2b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, maybe they fought each other before uthgar conquered them, but then he did defeat all of them and they became his servants. they just obey now afaik, sky pony is his mount for instance. of course the tribes still fight each other rather often, but no global-scale war definitely.

you're welcome dorn. you can find a lot of juicy info about the uthgardt and much more in 'the north- guide to the savage frontier', a 2nd ed accessory you can download for free from the wotc site, together with heaps of other goodness. faiths and pantheons has info on uthgar too.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36798 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2006 :  17:54:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by w2b

yes, maybe they fought each other before uthgar conquered them, but then he did defeat all of them and they became his servants. they just obey now afaik, sky pony is his mount for instance. of course the tribes still fight each other rather often, but no global-scale war definitely.

you're welcome dorn. you can find a lot of juicy info about the uthgardt and much more in 'the north- guide to the savage frontier', a 2nd ed accessory you can download for free from the wotc site, together with heaps of other goodness. faiths and pantheons has info on uthgar too.

And to get to that download, go to the Wizards downloads page.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

w2b
Acolyte

Italy
30 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  18:11:24  Show Profile  Visit w2b's Homepage Send w2b a Private Message  Reply with Quote
point! ^____^

(i'm afraid i was too lazy back then to post the link... sorry! ^_^ ).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000