Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The real status of Orcus
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Soturno
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  20:38:11  Show Profile  Visit Soturno's Homepage Send Soturno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But where is Gareth Dragonsbane??? Only him leading his high level party can stop Orcus!!! Aaahhh Are we lost?

Edited by - Soturno on 19 Aug 2006 20:39:43
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2006 :  23:14:16  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, this thread has certainly been informative. Thanks all.

But if we are going to have "plutons", then what will the, uh, "regular" planets be called?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  00:12:20  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since some asked about astrologers:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060819/sc_afp/spaceastronomy_060819214235

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  00:50:38  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Apparently you have to have a sufficient mass to create a spherical object.

More mass means more gravity, more gravity (in all vectors) means more 'inward' force towards the center of mass. That's why things like dust clouds aren't exactly spherical and such. :)

And the inner planets, at least, are comprised primarily of rock and water. The Gas Giants aren't - like Jupiter is mostly hydrogen and helium.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD

Edited by - GothicDan on 20 Aug 2006 00:51:57
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  01:16:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love that name..."Gas Giant".

Right up there with the "noble gases".

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  01:43:53  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Science is fun. :D

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2006 :  07:45:21  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It becomes very amusing when you discover the IUPAC terminology for a five membered ring containing arsenic.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000