Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Whose your daddy?:Customising your half fiend
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  16:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
This makes a very interesting article

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  17:13:38  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like it might have potential...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2006 :  17:40:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't had a chance to do much more than glance over it, but it does look intriguing.

... But I wonder where the pdfs they mention are?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  00:31:22  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I haven't had a chance to do much more than glance over it, but it does look intriguing.

... But I wonder where the pdfs they mention are?

Maybe Cookie Monster thought it was a Cookie?
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2006 :  11:15:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I read about tailoring what traits a given creature would get depending on its specific fiendish heritage, I started thinking about the Daemonfey leaders, as they all had traits specific to what specifically their parentage had been. Its a cool idea, and I'm looking forward to more from these articles.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2006 :  05:15:13  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Part 2 is up

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630x&page=2

What Im thinking of doing is comparing the Drageloth creature and compare it to what you'd get with a Half fiend (Glabrezu)and apply it a Drow.

Im also thinking of using the article to create stats for Alizza and Vhok (2ed Alu Fiend and Cambion)

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 07 Jul 2006 05:15:41
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  07:23:21  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know.. the last couple times I visited here and saw the title of this post.. I dunno... for some reason my mind went into the gutter. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  22:17:33  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

You know.. the last couple times I visited here and saw the title of this post.. I dunno... for some reason my mind went into the gutter. :)

Know what you mean...
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2006 :  23:49:16  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Size matters

Just ask any Drow female whose concieved a Draegloth

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks

Edited by - Dargoth on 10 Jul 2006 23:50:13
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  05:26:54  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:

Size matters

Just ask any Drow female whose concieved a Draegloth

It does not, its how you use it...
As any perfect lady could attest to, provided you could find one that would talk of such things...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  06:17:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And another thread wanders away from its topic... Let's get it back to where it was, folks.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  08:10:11  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They're talking about half breading fiends with sexy drow ladys, what could possibley be more on topic? :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2006 :  00:36:13  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Isn't there already a customised half-fiend in the durgazon, the bearded devil/duergar crossbreed? Though these other ideas do sound good; I'd like to see a half-fiend minotaur/goristro crossbreed (though I bet the mother wouldn't!).
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2010 :  15:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The article is good. I've used it myself a few times. And the creatures in pt. II and III are just awesome.
HelldoG is planning to run a session with four drow half-fiend siblings. Maybe I'll convince him to use the rules from this article.

Hmmm. I just love drow half-fiends. Whatever.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000