Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Amazing free PDF's of Medieval Village & locales
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2006 :  16:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just found a site with some amazing free pdf's that are really worth your time to check out. The Forge studios is producing these exquisitely beautiful free supplements that detail basic and simple adventure sites such as:
Fish Side, a Medieval Village, lovingly detailed and copiously illustrated with marvelous depictions of medieval buildings. (Highly, highly, highly recommended by me!)
Yrgon's Bridge, an ancient bridge
The Broken Coin Inn and the Cozy Hearth Inn, two different inns complete with floorplans and adventure hooks, both nice places to stay or to base an adventure.

And many other little PDF's (that are equally as good!) that detail temples, a tavern, a couple of wilderness settings, some shops, and other appealing locales in which to set encounters. Really cool stuff!

You can check out these free offerings from the Forge at this link here: http://www.theforge.pl/index.php?lang=us&pageset=old&page=darmowepdf

What I find so incredible are the quality of the illustrations, maps, floorplans, 3-D views and the depictions of objects and ornaments found inside. They seem to be a couple of incredibly talented and enthusiastic fellows from Poland who are putting out some truly amazing work!

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2006 :  02:56:23  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

Agreed! I took a look at the village - and was Very impressed!

However - I would love to print this out - but my experience with items with the colorations along the edges causes printing to be Extremely slow. But - something to remember - to be sure!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2006 :  04:05:02  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very nice, I did not have a lot of time to delve deep into it, but I checked out the town and one of the inn's. Nice work and you can't beat free
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000