Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Druid Deities
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  16:18:30  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if there was a rule stating that a Druid's patron must be a "nature" deity?

My new character is a bard (level 1) but needs to take druid levels at some point to enter the Fochlucan Lyrist pretige class. I really want this character to worship a number of deities like most people in the realms but for the divine spells I have to choose a patron. So, I'm viewing patron as the deity he worships the most, and I'm planning on that being Tymora.

Is there anything official stating that a Druid cannot choose Tymora as a patron because she is not a nature deity?

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  16:46:37  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the FRCS says so. I was looking at a few options in there though. While they give a list of "nature" deities, I think there are still a few options, though I think Tymora might be streaching things a bit. Finder, with his adoption of Moander's portfolio, I think would be willing and able to grant druidic abilities. But I also wonder, since we know that Fochlucan Lyrist used to have a school in Silverymoon, and Finder, for example is a new god, then there had to be other gods that allowed druids while being a patron of bards.

Personally, since Oghma is an interloper deity from the Celtic pantheon, and WAY back when FR was a 1st edition setting, all of the Celtic deities had druid followers, I would say that Oghma might grant druidic powers, but perhaps only to those who also are following the bards path as well.

Of course, I'm assuing the character isn't suppose to be from the Moonshaes, else Earthmother would be the obvious choice here.

But, back to what you were asking, about Tymora . . . nothing seems to indicate that she would grant druid powers.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Bane
Senior Scribe

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  17:32:27  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Bane's Homepage Send Chosen of Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to go to my DM and see if he's okay with the worship of several deities. We're based out of Daggerford so I guess Chauntea would be the nature deity there. Hope she doesn't mind playing second fiddle to Lady Luck.
Go to Top of Page

Firhyanda
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2006 :  18:15:02  Show Profile  Visit Firhyanda's Homepage Send Firhyanda a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings

In my weekly Waterdeep campaign my wife plays a Halfling rogue /1 bard/2 druid/1 and we resolved the question of deity using Sheela Peryroyl which fits the bard and druid sides of her nature quite well. She is working her way slowly but surely toward the Fochlucan Lyrist PRC. If your character could stand to worship a Halfling god this might work well for you. I do think Oghma and Chauntea are also excellent options.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000