Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Pictures of the Realms characters/Gods
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  05:42:08  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,

Anyone got links or sources to the images of the characters from the novels other than the book covers.

let's say, the avatar trilogy:
I have only found Mystra (midnight) and Cyric....
But there's no Kelemvor or Adon.

Thanks in advane if you can provide some info on this.

:-P
Marc

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  05:56:22  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
heroes lorebook has pictures of characters/ heroes of the realms. Additionaly, the FRCS has several pics of different realms characters. other than those, check out various artists such as elmore, caldwell, etc.

Edited by - scererar on 20 Jan 2006 05:57:54
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  05:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Check out the Heros and Villians lore books from 2ed

Theyve got pics of most of the non 3ed era characters from the novels

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  06:05:32  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks scererar & Dargoth, I'll try to look into that. I hope I can find them here in my country~

By the way, I am from the East - Hong Kong
what about you guys?
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  06:06:56  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sydney, Australia

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  06:08:14  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salem, Oregon
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  06:44:40  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting, ~ Dargoth, I used to live in Sydney for 3years,

where did you get your realms books?
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  06:51:15  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marc, if you sign up on the website linked in my signature, you can see where most of the sages active outside the RP-thread are from.

And I get my Realms books either from a bookshop in the city of Göteborg (Gothenburg to the English-speaking) called Science-Fiction Bokhandeln, or, if I'm feeling lazy, from internet bookshops.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Vvornth
Acolyte

Sweden
48 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  07:04:52  Show Profile  Visit Vvornth's Homepage Send Vvornth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

And I get my Realms books either from a bookshop in the city of Göteborg (Gothenburg to the English-speaking) called Science-Fiction Bokhandeln, or, if I'm feeling lazy, from internet bookshops.

Which happens to be my wateringhole as well...

It's good to be king
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  07:14:24  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Internet bookshops?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  07:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcsmart

Interesting, ~ Dargoth, I used to live in Sydney for 3years,

where did you get your realms books?

Tinsoldier in Sydney CBD and SGC out at Burwood

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  07:21:56  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Marc, if you sign up on the website linked in my signature, you can see where most of the sages active outside the RP-thread are from.

Thanks for your info~
What do you mean by signing up on the website linked in your signature? I guess my English isn't good enough, please forgive me~

Marc
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  07:25:55  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You not what would be really cool?

Remember that pic of the Tavern Brawl WOTC had done a while ago.. Wouldnt it be cool if they did a pic with characters from the FR novels?

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36797 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2006 :  11:21:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcsmart

Thanks for your info~
What do you mean by signing up on the website linked in your signature? I guess my English isn't good enough, please forgive me~

Marc

What he's saying is to go to this website: http://www.frappr.com/candlekeep

You can register on that site, and then show your location to everyone -- and see where a lot of us are.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

marcsmart
Acolyte

Hong Kong
37 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  05:54:36  Show Profile  Visit marcsmart's Homepage Send marcsmart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh~ I see~

Thanks Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Vvornth
Acolyte

Sweden
48 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  06:36:51  Show Profile  Visit Vvornth's Homepage Send Vvornth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Internet bookshops?

Nah, SF-bokhandeln... but you've figured that out already...

It's good to be king
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  11:18:47  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I you're looking for pictures of gods, try the 3rd ed book Faiths and Pantheons, it has a picture of I think all the major and lesser deities of the faerunian pantheon, as well as the dwarven, elven, drow, gnome and halfling ones
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2006 :  11:21:11  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vvornth

quote:

Internet bookshops?

Nah, SF-bokhandeln... but you've figured that out already...

Indeed, although I don't get to water myself as often as I'd like. Darn train-tickets getting more expensive once you've turned 26...

Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000