Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2006)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 70

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2006 :  17:53:25  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
A few things to share...

One: I have a question for The Hooded One. I ask it here because I know that she reads this thread and that Ed and his fans might like the answer to my question.

The Hooded One, which one of the Seven Sisters are you most like?
I am curious about which one you feel a kinship with.

Two: The Naughty Thought of the Day

Perform checks are needed for Bardic 'Music' abilities, but any performance will do. Including dancing. So basically, a bard could do a striptease to inspire courage, competence, greatness or various suggestions/mass suggestions.

Think about that!

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  00:29:01  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Who would Trolls worship in Faerun, say trolls that feel they have a right to their domain and seek divine help in not being wiped out, basically a clan/s of trolls who have gone from predator to prey?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  01:08:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
You have to remember that creatures and people can worship just about any deity, but not identify that deity in a way that is easily recognisable to outsiders. What I mean by that is that you could pick any Faerűnian deity for your trolls and have them worship it, but the trolls in question know the deity as "Argrak the Saviour" or somesuch. Hence they could be worshipping Ilmater or Torm or Helm or Chauntea or basically anyone who responds to their plea for divine aid. So pick the deity that suits (personally, I think that Ilmater, Silvanus or a nicer aspect of Malar would suit) and use it - just don't call it by it's "normal" name. Also, the book "Prayers From the Faithful" gives alternate names in the Realms for some deities, including Silvanus. If the deity you choose has alternate names, perhaps use one of them. That way, in game, anyone who meets these trolls and makes a Knowledge (religion) check with an appropriate DC can work out that these aren't your run of the mill, Vaprak-worshipping, flesh-rending trolls. Unless of course they are your run of the mill flesh-rending trolls who simply worship a different deity.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:08:49  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Thank you Mr. Krashos

Confusion came about when browsing Deites and Demigods, I assumed though that through oral tradition of said tribe of Trolls thats how the Deity is worshipped or whatever is posing as the deity.
Now I need to know how long a child troll takes to mature and whether female trolls bear enough physical difference form male trolls to be noticeable to the eye. With all the lumps and bumps do breast stand out, do trolls even need breast milk forfeeding infant trolls or is it straight to meat?

Edited by - createvmind on 12 Jul 2006 03:09:57
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:19:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again. This time Ed tackles Dargoth’s query: “What’s the relationship like between Auril, Thrym, Kostchtchie (Demon Lord of Frost Giants) and Zzutam (The wanabe Elemental god from Prince of Lies) in the FR? Does Kostchtchie exist in the Forgotten realms? Or does Thyrm take his place in the Realms? (ie the same way Ghaunadaur has taken Jubliex place in the realms)?”
Ed replies:

Worship of all the deities you mention takes place in the Realms, because creatures from many planes and worlds have found their way to Toril by various means. However, veneration of Kostchtchie in Faerűn strengthens Thrym, master of frost giants (unless a Faerűnian mortal has the power to summon Kostchtchie, a Demon Lord, and does so, but in doing so has the carelessness or ignorance to bring Kostchtchie to the Realms uncontrolled - - whereupon Kostchtchie would gain power from worship, but also attract the attention and enmity of Thrym and other Faerűnian giant deities, who would move to harm, hamper, and banish him).
So between Thrym and Kostchtchie: hatred; they are rivals. (But very little contact.)
As for the relationships between Auril and Thrym: they have very little to do with each other, as Auril concerns herself foremost with frost, cold, snow, and winter, and their effects on humans (and to a lesser extent other races), and Thrym concerns himself with frost giants. They largely ignore each other; Auril doesn’t mess with frost giants and Thrym pays attention only to frost giants.
As for the relationship of either of them with Zzutam: none (at least, no more than any deity pays heed to ambitious mortals). PRINCE OF LIES uses unreliable narrators, remember, and therefore not everything stated or implied in its pages is true.
Frost giants in the Realms, like humans, are both intelligent and spiritual: everyone “believes” in the gods, remember, having to take nothing on faith except the “true nature” of specific deities, and therefore whom they should worship. Frost giants can worship any deity they hear of, but are likely to worship only relevant deities (a drow divinity of fire, for example, would be largely meaningless to them) - - and in the Realms, Thrym is by far the most relevant. Ergo . . .

So saith Ed. Underscoring once again that the Realms is polytheistic, not monotheistic; most intelligent Faerűnian beings don’t worship just one god, and outside of professional clergy and zealots, only a minority of them even have “patron deities” (primary gods they worship before or above all others).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:22:06  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
quote:
So saith Ed. Underscoring once again that the Realms is polytheistic, not monotheistic; most intelligent Faerűnian beings don’t worship just one god, and outside of professional clergy and zealots, only a minority of them even have “patron deities” (primary gods they worship before or above all others).

Thank you so much.

Planescape Fanatic

"Fiends and Undead are the peanut butter and jelly of evil." - Me
"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:30:15  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Thank you Mr. Krashos

Confusion came about when browsing Deites and Demigods, I assumed though that through oral tradition of said tribe of Trolls thats how the Deity is worshipped or whatever is posing as the deity.
Now I need to know how long a child troll takes to mature and whether female trolls bear enough physical difference form male trolls to be noticeable to the eye. With all the lumps and bumps do breast stand out, do trolls even need breast milk forfeeding infant trolls or is it straight to meat?

I'm sure troll mommies just tear off an arm and give it to the troll baby to eat.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:43:21  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
Or let the babies eat each other... But not too much.

Planescape Fanatic

"That attitude should be stomped on, whenever and wherever it's encountered, because it makes people holding such views bad citizens, not just bad roleplayers (considering D&D was structured as a 'forced cooperation' game, and although successive editions are pointing it more and more towards a me-first, min-max game, the drift away from 'we all need each other to succeed' will at some point make it 'no longer' D&D)." - ED GREENWOOD
Go to Top of Page

Sanishiver
Senior Scribe

USA
476 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  03:52:52  Show Profile  Visit Sanishiver's Homepage Send Sanishiver a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by GothicDan

Ah, if only the 3.5 Epic Spellcasting system took into account the kind of things that would happen when you cast that Raise Island spell or the reverse... ;)
That would be the DM's job. Always has been.

J. Grenemyer

09/20/2008: Tiger Army at the Catalyst in Santa Cruz. You wouldn’t believe how many females rode it out in the pit. Santa Cruz women are all of them beautiful. Now I know to add tough to that description.
6/27/2008: WALL-E is about the best damn movie Pixar has ever made. It had my heart racing and had me rooting for the good guy.
9/9/2006: Dave Mathews Band was off the hook at the Shoreline Amphitheater.

Never, ever read the game books too literally, or make such assumptions that what is omitted cannot be. Bad DM form, that.

And no matter how compelling a picture string theory paints, if it does not accurately describe our universe, it will be no more relevant than an elaborate game of Dungeons and Dragons. --paragraph 1, chapter 9, The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene
Go to Top of Page

GothicDan
Master of Realmslore

USA
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  04:00:01  Show Profile  Visit GothicDan's Homepage Send GothicDan a Private Message
Never hurts when the books support the DM, though.

Planescape Fanatic

Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  04:13:36  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I'm sure troll mommies just tear off an arm......
--Eric

Thats Troll sexual reproduction

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2006 :  04:21:14  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I'm back with one of my weird questions but I've really been thinking over ships and ports and the like lately, which is why I asked about that Spelljammer reference.

However, I'm wondering if Ed could supply any details on light houses? I know that's a bit of a vague question so let's see if I can narrow it down a bit. How do elven light houses, in places that elves have ports, Evermeet most likely, differ then human light houses? Are there any magical light houses, I figured that there might be. How do the different light houses on the ports of the Sword Coast differ from those that could be found on the ports of the Sea of Fallen Stars. Maybe give us some details on the different light houses found in a few of those ports? Any details about any light houses that can be found among Spelljamming ports that are in Wildspace and on the planets.....

Theres a lighthouse detailed in F&P called the Darkhouse of Saerloon

There should be something for you in a few weeks concening lighthouses. I don't know that it will answer all of those questions, but will shed a little more light (gosh that was bad :).

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  08:42:01  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message
A general question, for Ed and anyone who wishes to answer: on the NWN board, a poster insisted that Faerun = roughly thirteenth-fourteenth century Earth. Rino and I said no, not really. Said poster replied with a quote--

quote:
From the 1987 Forgotten Realms: Cyclopedia of the Realms by Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb, and Karen S. Martin:

The Forgotten Realms are a world very similar to the Earth of the 13th and 14th centuries. Most of the area under discussion here has until recently been covered by wild forests and unsettled grasslands. Civilization is still a novelty in much of this world...

The people of these realms (including man, dwarf, elf, gnome, and halfling) are similar in mindset and advancement to the men of the 13th century. City-states are common, and nations on the increase as more of the wild lands are pushed back and gathered under a single king or government... Literacy and the quest for knowledge in[sic] on the rise, with the recent introduction of printed hand-bills in Waterdeep.

Quoi?
Go to Top of Page

Lore Seeker
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  13:38:21  Show Profile  Visit Lore Seeker's Homepage Send Lore Seeker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

A general question, for Ed and anyone who wishes to answer: on the NWN board, a poster insisted that Faerun = roughly thirteenth-fourteenth century Earth. Rino and I said no, not really. Said poster replied with a quote--

quote:
From the 1987 Forgotten Realms: Cyclopedia of the Realms by Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grubb, and Karen S. Martin:

The Forgotten Realms are a world very similar to the Earth of the 13th and 14th centuries. Most of the area under discussion here has until recently been covered by wild forests and unsettled grasslands. Civilization is still a novelty in much of this world...

The people of these realms (including man, dwarf, elf, gnome, and halfling) are similar in mindset and advancement to the men of the 13th century. City-states are common, and nations on the increase as more of the wild lands are pushed back and gathered under a single king or government... Literacy and the quest for knowledge in[sic] on the rise, with the recent introduction of printed hand-bills in Waterdeep.

Quoi?

This is how Wikipedia describes Faerun........

Economically and technologically, Faerűn is comparable to Western Europe during the late middle ages. Gunpowder (here called smoke powder and different in its composition from historical gunpowder) is starting to make an appearance, but much of the armament is still dominated by swords, spears, bows, and the like. Most of the population consists of farmers, organized somewhat loosely in a semi-feudal system. There are also a number of notable cities, and trade between nations is common, comparable to the Renaissance era. Likewise, there are regions where more barbaric tribes and customs persist.

I think the level of advancement of civilization varies from region to region but overall, the above descritption sounds relatively accurate. But I would think this is best left answered by the creator himself, Mr. Greenwood.

"So let it be written.....that I might read it."
Lore Seeker
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  14:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message
Well, to be sure, the discussion in question was more about language. The poster said he feels Middle English is the closest to the language used in Faerun because he thinks the Realms is comparable to 13-14th century Earth; I argued that the level of technology overall brings it closer to the Renaissance, and therefore closer to Early Modern English.
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  14:44:22  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message
I'll go ahead and say it for everyone, Realms/Faerun IS NOT like nor is meant to appear like 13-14 century EARTH or ladder periods there of it.

Just because they have castle, robes and wars does not make it like that.

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

Lore Seeker
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  14:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Lore Seeker's Homepage Send Lore Seeker a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Winterfox

Well, to be sure, the discussion in question was more about language. The poster said he feels Middle English is the closest to the language used in Faerun because he thinks the Realms is comparable to 13-14th century Earth; I argued that the level of technology overall brings it closer to the Renaissance, and therefore closer to Early Modern English.

Ah, but now we must consider the varying dialects of English spoken. I assume it would vary just as greatly as it does here in the U.S. and other English speaking countries. Also, level of education in the different regions of Faerun would have a major impact on spoken English as well. For instance, I would think the average person living in Silverymoon would be much more well spoken than someone living in some small farming village or even a place like Ten Towns.

"So let it be written.....that I might read it."
Lore Seeker
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  15:09:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Ed has repeatedly said that Faerun is mostly not based on -- or rather similiar to -- Earth cultures, except for the parts that TSR added on. His most recent discussions on this are in the '06 replies.

-- Now, fellow scribes... let's try to keep the "Realms is comparable" discussions to another scroll and leave this one dedicated just to questions for Ed.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Jul 2006 15:22:21
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  15:59:02  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Yes, we have to stick to the important questions.

Like What is Ed Greenwood's name? What is Ed Greenwood's Quest? What is Ed Greenwood's favourite colour?

Just kidding. My true question is I am looking for interesting Planetouched characters that one could add to your realms especially good Tieflings, Evil Aasimar, and oddball other planetouched. Do you have any that you can sahre with me and the others on the board.

Thanks.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2006 :  17:35:48  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm

Yes, we have to stick to the important questions.

Like What is Ed Greenwood's name? What is Ed Greenwood's Quest? What is Ed Greenwood's favourite colour?

Just kidding. My true question is I am looking for interesting Planetouched characters that one could add to your realms especially good Tieflings, Evil Aasimar, and oddball other planetouched. Do you have any that you can sahre with me and the others on the board.

Thanks.

So, I actually wrote an article about this a while back, detailing some alternative planetouched races of the Realms. It's sitting on a desk at Paizo, hoping to be published.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  00:39:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello, all. Gray Richardson recently asked: “Hi Ed, I was wondering if you could tell me about taxes in Suzail. Is there a sales tax on the kinds of items that adventurers might want to buy? Things like food, ale, lodging, both basic goods and the more expensive kind: special inks, spellbooks, finely crafted armor and magic items. What about on services like stabling and hiring a messenger or guide? How are such taxes collected? What are the rates? And do they vary based on the type of good or service?
What if an adventurer were to sell his own items, would he owe the crown a portion? How would he go about paying that? And what might be the penalty if he failed to give the crown its due?
Also, what about property taxes? Are there taxes on the sale of land? Any periodic taxes on owning land? How often might they be collected? Quarterly? Annually? Monthly? Are you required to go and pay your taxes or does a tax collector come round and collect?
Thanks in advance for your kind answers!
What other surprising taxes, tarrifs or fees might an adventurer in Suzail stumble across?”
Ed replies:

I’ve already written a two-part Realmslore web column for Wizards about specific taxes in Suzail, and therefore can’t repeat here what I wrote for it, but in general there are no sales taxes on either goods or services. The usual exceptions are magic (items and scrolls, not castings), and when purchasing ships or land (upon which the levy is five to ten percent of the purchase price, if Crown officials deem that price “market fair”).
Vendors usually don’t pay taxes on selling items, but do pay a tax in the form of a rental for stall space at a trade fair (just like renting an exhibit hall booth at GenCon), even if they’re just selling without actually setting up a stall.
There are also annual “head taxes” paid only by land or building owners or the heads of households, that Crown tax collectors “come around” to collect.
To this can be added also gate-entry fees for wagons or coaches, and riding beasts (so a mounted man pays, even if he gets off and leads his horse), but not lone travelers afoot. Ships are charged berthing fees. Crown employees, conveyances, and vessels are all exempt.
(There are few surprises for an adventurer in Suzail, because the Crown of Cormyr doesn’t have to be greedy for funds; it has the Crystal Grot and many sources of fee-based income.)
I’m afraid the amounts for most of these are part of my column, so you’ll have to wait for it.
Taxes vary widely in the Realms, but generally, in the Heartlands, in all communities depending (or profiting mainly) upon mercantile trade, taxes are light. In “unorganized” areas, such as wilderlands, and nominally ruled but unpatrolled lands, where the only settlements are individual steadings, hermitages, and monasteries, taxes are either non-existent or take the form of “provide food and shelter to the ruler or his representatives when they happen by, and request it.” Forceful rulers may extend this to “protect our stuff and give us mounts or fresh draft animals and mounts,” too, whereas fairer ones will pay for the beasts they take.

So saith Ed, who just once wants to do lounge naked on a bed of shiny new gold coins (or so he tells me).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

RevJest
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  01:44:11  Show Profile  Visit RevJest's Homepage Send RevJest a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

(There are few surprises for an adventurer in Suzail, because the Crown of Cormyr doesn’t have to be greedy for funds; it has the Crystal Grot and many sources of fee-based income.)

I've seen you mention this magical item before, Master Greenwood. Is there any source that details it?

- RJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  02:21:39  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
It's not a magical item, it's a location. The Crystal Grot is a secret place full of sapphires. The Obarskyrs carefully mine and sell (in measured quantities over various markets, Faerűn-wide) these sapphires to keep themselves and the realm wealthy enough that they can tax lightly.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

chance87
Seeker

50 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  02:50:31  Show Profile Send chance87 a Private Message
And who's arm do we need to twist to see that it does?

quote:

So, I actually wrote an article about this a while back, detailing some alternative planetouched races of the Realms. It's sitting on a desk at Paizo, hoping to be published.

--Eric

Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  03:09:23  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by chance87

quote:

--Eric

Make a request on the Paizo site in the Article Requests section for an article about planetouched of the Realms. Don't mention I sent you. ;-)

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  03:55:19  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by chance87

quote:

--Eric

Make a request on the Paizo site in the Article Requests section for an article about planetouched of the Realms. Don't mention I sent you. ;-)

--Eric

I started a thread to help channel the scribes from the keep over to Paizo's boards for your Eric . . . here's hoping we get to see it soon . . . here is the link to the thread that I started.

http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7299
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  04:46:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Ed replies:

I’ve already written a two-part Realmslore web column for Wizards about specific taxes in Suzail, and therefore can’t repeat here what I wrote for it, but in general there are no sales taxes on either goods or services.

Unless he's referring to new lore, those articles can be found here: Parts One and Two of The Rise and Fall of the Window Tax.

quote:

So saith Ed, who just once wants to do lounge naked on a bed of shiny new gold coins (or so he tells me).
love to all,
THO

No offense to Ed, but I'd far rather see our lovely Lady Hooded One doing that.

(Ed can have the money afterward, so he could support himself while pumping out more Realmslore. )

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Jul 2006 04:48:41
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  04:55:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
The Crystal Grot is covered in VOLO'S GUIDE TO CORMYR, and regarding the taxes, Ed does mean new lore (web columns you haven't seen yet).
love to all,
THO
P.S. I'd say I'm most like Storm, of the Seven. Not much of a surprise there, eh?
P.P.S. Wooly, here I am, lounging. (I'll describe myself in more detail privately, soon. Promise.) Ed's the buried-in-coins bearded lump yonder, but don't worry: he'll just watch us quietly. I hope.

Edited by - The Hooded One on 14 Jul 2006 04:59:32
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  05:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message
quote:

P.S. I'd say I'm most like Storm, of the Seven.

Oooh, me too!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2006 :  06:04:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

P.P.S. Wooly, here I am, lounging. (I'll describe myself in more detail privately, soon. Promise.)
Hey... no fair! That's cheating.

Are you any good at ASCII Art THO? I foresee some interesting possibilities.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 70 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000