Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Feytouched/Half-fey in the realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2005 :  14:40:07  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
To start off, I do not own the Fiend Folio as my cash ebbs and flows. Most of it has been on realm products. But I have used the information that is on the Wizard's site.

But I am curious about the fact of if anyone has used a Feytouched character or used the Half-fey template in the realms? How have you been doing with it and how did you weave it into your Campaign? Especially the dieties part as the Feytouched are stated as having few clerics due to disinterest in Dieties? I figure that is for the standard default Greyhawk setting, since the realms is more deity focused. Would you have them focus on the nature gods, the bardic gods, the elven dieties, etc?

What would be the reaction of the different races of Faerun?

Just curious, thanks!

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2005 :  15:02:14  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've had a couple of players express interest in the character, but they never seem to want to complete the commitment. They always end up going more on the tank route than what that template offers, which is a shame.

I was going to weave it in through my campaign as an ongoing story - as if a person trying to reconnect with his ancestors. I was going have the character slowly switch to worshipping the Faerie Queen (who's name I can't remember right now - but she's been mentioned on this board a couple of times).

Alas, as I said, it didn't turn out. Oh well!

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2005 :  15:11:40  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CrennenFaerieBane

I was going have the character slowly switch to worshipping the Faerie Queen (who's name I can't remember right now - but she's been mentioned on this board a couple of times).

Titania?
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2005 :  15:15:54  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you have to remember that while they don't have fireballs out the wazoo, they do have powerful mind control effects. Like the Geas spells, Charm spells and Suggestion spells. Having a Half-fey villain forcing powerful warriors who do have fireballs out the wazoos to fight the heroes might change their minds. It's like an old Dragon Magazine article (I think it was after the 25th anversary article and 3ed based), played right an enchanter can be a great power.

Like control a king to send his army/adventurers after the heroes.

Even a feytouched can cause trouble by turning one of your friends against you.(Perhaps the most powerful warrior or the arcane spellslinger with full spells a blazing).

Does that help?

Edit: I think the queen from BoED is Morwel (Sp?).

Edited by - Foxhelm on 29 Dec 2005 15:17:08
Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  02:59:50  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foxhelm
Edit: I think the queen from BoED is Morwel (Sp?).

Morwel is the Leader of the Eladrins.

Titania is the Faerie Queen, the Ruler of the Seelie Court.

Have never used the Feytouched or Half-Fey in my games yet. Nearest I come is using the Fey Bloodline from Unearthed Arcana.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  14:27:22  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those would be them, thanks WF, Warlocko.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page

ShadowJack
Senior Scribe

USA
350 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  17:31:09  Show Profile  Visit ShadowJack's Homepage Send ShadowJack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most kind Sages,

Forgive my ignorance, but who are the Eladrin, and who is Morwel? I am curious about all things Fey. Eventually I want to work a Fey-centered story line into my campaign, so I really appreciate the hints of Fey-stuff in Fiend Folio and Unearthed Arcana.

Foxhelm, Have you checked out the book by Bastion Press, FAERIES? I am not completely sold on all of the info in it, but it does have some neat prestige classes. Until WotC publishes a book on Fey it is the best info I have found. Wouldn't a Fey in the Forgotten Realms book be great? I think it would fit in well with the Realms. If I remember right the Fey are one of the Creator races, right?

ShadowJack
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2006 :  19:32:55  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Eldrin are the Good equalivent of Demons as Archons are the equalivent of Devils and Guardinals are the equalivent of 'lolths. A CG group of angels that resemble elves and faeries. They are lead by a queen called Morwel who keeps a demiplane around her at all times. I believe it's call the Court of Stars. The Eldrin are discussed in the new Monster Manual, The Manual of Planes and extremely discussed in the Book of Exalted Deeds (gives stats for many of the Angels of the upper planes and of Paragons of those angels like Morwel).

In the Realms that live split between the Elven heaven and the Gates of the Moon (Home to Selune, Finder and Shandual (SP?).

It is likely that many non-evil Fey and the Eldrin are allies as far as I can tell most fey are chaotic or neutral. Perhaps even some fey are transformed into Eldrin after death. Or might be the source of Half-celestial Fey.

The mistake is that the Faerie Queen and the Eldrin Queen are discribed in similar ways and so can be confused. At least by me.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31727 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2006 :  00:03:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShadowJack

If I remember right the Fey are one of the Creator races, right?
Indeed they are... Serpent Kingdoms lists them as such.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000