Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anonymous Cameos (Gates to Everywhere)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  06:59:52  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I can remember a lot of comics with big splash pages that have sneaky cameos tucked away into crowd scenes and in the backgrounds of cites, and it made me wonder, since the Realms has portals to just about everywhere, what about some sly cameos at appropriate places.

For example, the first thing I thought of was the crowd scene at a Mage Fair, where a man with greying temples, a blue outfie, and a high collared red cape travels with a petite attractive woman with white hair and a flame above her head, these two being accompanied by a green minotaur while shoping in the bazaar. In another area, a man wearing blue but also wearing a large gold cape, gloves, and a full face helm, and a woman wearing fishnet stockings and formal black and white clothes could be watching a seminar about magic, and might be joined by a man with red hair with a white streak in it.

Since the Realms is a place that has touched many worlds, I would love to see if any of my players picked up on those cameos. Has anyone tried something like this?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36784 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  13:29:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my sillier ideas was to have the PCs in Undermountain, when they see the Warner brothers (and the Warner sister, Dot) go tearing by, followed closely by Otto (Animaniacs reference)...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  16:16:56  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there were a female PC, would they have stopped and say, "Helloooooo Nurse?"
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  17:02:11  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only if she was a cleric of Eldath, or somesuch.

I don't generally do a lot of cameos, though I did have Fizban show up one night when I was getting really punchy. Oh, and I also brought in the Giant, Intelligent, Happy, Talking Spiders, and my players couldn't decide if they wanted to fall out of their seats laughing, or kill me.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  17:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

One of my sillier ideas was to have the PCs in Undermountain, when they see the Warner brothers (and the Warner sister, Dot) go tearing by, followed closely by Otto (Animaniacs reference)...

I can beat that.

In an WEG Star Wars game I ran earlier this year, my players ended up in a giant space katamari.

I was a bit off that day.
Go to Top of Page

Crennen FaerieBane
Master of Realmslore

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  18:47:25  Show Profile Send Crennen FaerieBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I can beat that.

In an WEG Star Wars game I ran earlier this year, my players ended up in a giant space katamari.

I was a bit off that day.

But did they end up ever speaking to the King of all Cosmos? That would have been a very interesting encounter.

C-Fb

Still rockin' the Fey'ri style.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000