Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  05:15:27  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I want to set a new record!
On one day, I want everyone on so we can beat the old record of 25.
BTW, I'm talking about # of ppl on at one time.
Sound intereesting to anyone?
If so:
What day & what time(specify time zone)

Normal is what we choose it to be.

Edited by - Alaundo on 26 Aug 2004 11:40:50

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  10:28:14  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If everyone was going to be online at the same time (likely a problem due to time zones particularly between the US and Europe) then a good place to meet would be the Candlekeep Inn....once its open.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  13:15:50  Show Profile  Visit Bellua Aeneus Lacerta's Homepage Send Bellua Aeneus Lacerta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
then a good place to meet would be the Candlekeep Inn....once its open.

I had heard Winthrop and some of the wait staff are missing...
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  13:51:03  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We could be there at the same time for the first opening of the Inn. Alundo, when will it be?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  15:33:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bellua Aeneus Lacerta
I had heard Winthrop and some of the wait staff are missing...

Quite correct, my copper friend, Winthrop has not yet arrived, we are still waiting for someone to take the role.

quote:
Originally posted by zemd
We could be there at the same time for the first opening of the Inn. Alundo, when will it be?

We were hoping for this very day zemd, but alas, what is an Inn without the staff to serve thine ale Fear not, it shouldnt be too long..... besides, im getting very thirsty, anyone got a battering ram?!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  18:18:42  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A battering ram, Alaundo? But you spent so much time putting it up!

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5695 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  19:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

Indeed Bookwyrm, but the smell of ale is wafting into my private chambers, and if Winthrop doesnt make an appearance soon then ill have to break the doors down and serve the ale myself Ahem

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ranaghar Tsaran
Learned Scribe

Poland
133 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  19:37:46  Show Profile  Visit Ranaghar Tsaran's Homepage Send Ranaghar Tsaran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

...then i'll have to break the doors down and serve the ale myself Ahem

Haha...that would be a funny scene. Great sage breaking the doors just to have a jug of ale...

"Do not be afraid of greatness. Some achieve greatness, some are born great, and some have greatness thrust upon them..."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2003 :  21:16:24  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dear scribes, alcool is dangerous!
I tried so i know that you can make stupid things
Go to Top of Page

sushisauce
Seeker

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  00:16:06  Show Profile  Visit sushisauce's Homepage Send sushisauce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, its settled then! The grand opening of the inn!

Normal is what we choose it to be.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2003 :  02:46:15  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Settled? I don't remember anything being settled . . . .

Alaundo, I'd love to work in such a place, enjoy the endless parade of both the new and the familiar that is the life of the barkeeper . . . if it weren't for the fact that alcohol turns my stomach. Not the sort of person you want behind the bar . . . . . . . . much as I wish I could.

[Sighs and returns to his reading.]

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

DragonofJustice
Acolyte

46 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2003 :  05:51:28  Show Profile  Visit DragonofJustice's Homepage Send DragonofJustice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(Dragon of Justice chuckles softly as he pulls a draught of beer)
The Bookwyrm around alcohol.
(DOJ continues to chuckle as he moves to a seat to enjoy his beer)
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2003 :  20:20:38  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I think that would be a great idea...hope I won't have to be up toooo late though (living in the UK timezone can be such a drag when it comes to meeting people online!) I would gladly offer to play Winthrop myself...having worked in a bar I might be able to get into the character rather well...unfortunately due to my frequent travelling and not being blessed with a laptop ( unless we were able to dip into the Candlekeep coffers to fork out for one? Come on, you know you want to!!) I don't feel I would be able to give the time to it as would be needed to make a proper go of it.

Best to all,

Alexis

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  16:54:00  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes, i think that that is a great idea, but once again, as I am sure that many have said, the problem of timezones does create a wee bit of a problem... but it would be fun to try.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2003 :  22:56:54  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sushisauce

I want to set a new record!
On one day, I want everyone on so we can beat the old record of 25.
BTW, I'm talking about # of ppl on at one time.
Sound intereesting to anyone?
If so:
What day & what time(specify time zone)

Woohoo, the record just went up to 28

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: