Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 November Book Club - Midnight's Mask
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2005 :  15:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

The month of November sees the release of Midnight's Mask - the third and final book in the Erevis Cale Trilogy, by Paul S Kemp.

Here at Candlekeep, we have new feature, entitled the Forgotten Realms Book Club. This is a area where the current months new Forgotten Realms novel release will get full focus and where readers will be able to participate and post their views and comments in depth. We also hope to have the author of the novel here to join in and answer any questions and respond to thy comments.

There will be a number of threads within the book club which are split into chapters. This is to allow ye to post comments for the chapters thou art reading without hitting spoilers of subsequent chapters and the conclusion of the story.

General queries of the book (for example, the availability, cover art etc.) can be kept within the general thread within the novels section of the forum.

Malarick will be keeping an eye on the book club to ensure all runs smoothly. In addition, all moderators are here to hand, should any assistance be required.

I hope ye will join us for this new feature and will certainly look forward to reading of thy comments on this novel.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2005 :  16:08:53  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Alaundo. I'm looking forward to participating.

Paul
Go to Top of Page

Malarick
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2005 :  17:12:11  Show Profile Send Malarick a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Malarick will be keeping an eye on the book club to ensure all runs smoothly.

Thank you Alaundo for the introduction, and thanks to Paul for making himself available for these discussions.

I encourage anyone who is reading this novel to post in this area. You can tell us what you liked, what you disliked (no flaming of course) and also if you have any questions related to the characters or scenarios.

The book clubs are here to provide more of a spoiler free environment than a single (SPOILERS) type thread.

You can just just post here on between chapters, maybe at the end of a day or when you just have to get an answer to that burning question.

Sometimes the answer might present itself later on in the book, and I am sure Paul will just tell you to keep reading in that case.

We have run these book clubs for some time now for various campaign settings (on other boards). The Eberron one has been an amazing success, and I hope that we can see a high level of participation here.

Like Alaundo mentioned, Paul will only answer questions regarding the novel content on these threads. But still feel free to use the General thread for anything else.

I look forward to discussing this book with you!

Mal

Malarick

Edited by - Malarick on 30 Oct 2005 17:13:51
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  01:35:28  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

This is a wonderful idea! I am also looking forward to participating in this!

However - it will have to wait for another book - as I have read neither the earlier 2 books in the trilogy - nor the Sembia series - and from what I hear - reading That is a pre-cursor to the Cale trilogy!

Have fun all!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  17:01:11  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
when is the next book starting?

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  17:37:38  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, judging by the fact the title of the thread is November Book Club, I'd guess about a month from now

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 31 Oct 2005 :  20:18:36  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Well, judging by the fact the title of the thread is November Book Club, I'd guess about a month from now

Well met

In fact, a mere few hours away! Of course, it may take a week or two for the novel to surface in the stores, but it's all set up ready for whenever anyone manages to locate their copy.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  20:43:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a great idea, though I haven't even started the Erevis Cale series yet.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  21:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

Sounds like a great idea, though I haven't even started the Erevis Cale series yet.

Well met

Then no time to waste, my dear Rinonalyrna Fathomlin. Get reading!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2005 :  22:30:05  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*grins* I will, perhaps after I finish Promise of the Witch-King and Whisper of Waves. Thank you for the recommendation!

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Ignorance Personified
Seeker

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2005 :  04:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Ignorance Personified's Homepage Send Ignorance Personified a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
There will be a number of threads within the book club which are split into chapters. This is to allow ye to post comments for the chapters thou art reading without hitting spoilers of subsequent chapters and the conclusion of the story.

Originally, I intended to follow this suggestion and post my comments on a chapter by chapter basis. In contrast, I found this tome to be particularly gripping and devoured the entire book in one sitting. Consequently, not wishing to spoil the experience for others, I will only say (for now) that Midnight's Mask is an entralling novel and a worthy conclusion to the trilogy.

Carthago delenda est.
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2005 :  17:21:42  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would also like to encourage anyone, at any time in November, to drop by here and see what questions others are posting. A lot of good little bits will slip through that you may not otherwise find out. The Book Clubs are a great way to enhance your reading experience!
So, Mal and Al (hehe), when do the readers get those chapter breaks?

Ooo... found it. It has its own section.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.

Edited by - hammer of Moradin on 02 Nov 2005 17:31:52
Go to Top of Page

Ioulaum
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2005 :  21:47:25  Show Profile  Visit Ioulaum's Homepage Send Ioulaum a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just finish it over the weekend. Great book, the Crown of Fire was a suprise but fits in very well with the overall plot. Paul was even nice enough to leave open a very big plot hook

Spoilers
Anyone care to speculate who the "Source" was calling and who heard?

Edited by - Ioulaum on 29 Nov 2005 21:48:34
Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2006 :  13:42:50  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is this book club thing new? Sweet! Good things do happen while I'm away. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2006 :  15:43:39  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SirUrza

Is this book club thing new? Sweet! Good things do happen while I'm away. :)

Well met

Indeed. Welcome back, SirUrza The Son of Thunder book club is set for this month and the book is due for release next week. However, feel free to post any reviews or comments in the previous book club I look forward to reading thy pennings.

The Book Club section can be found by clicking here.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

SirUrza
Master of Realmslore

USA
1283 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2006 :  04:14:34  Show Profile Send SirUrza a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

The Book Club section can be found by clicking here.

I found it, thanks. :)

"Evil prevails when good men fail to act."
The original and unapologetic Arilyn, Aribeth, Seoni Fanboy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000