Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone's Favorite Evil Organization
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Theophilus
Learned Scribe

Australia
143 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2007 :  02:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Theophilus's Homepage Send Theophilus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Indeed, 'twas Halaster's Higharvestide. The Rune kidnapped Halaster so they could gain his knowledge of portals.

With the Mad Mage outside of his playground, the many layers of spells he's wrought down there started going awry. All over the Realms, portals to and from Undermountain were opening. Some grabbed unsuspecting people, pulling them into Undermountain. Other portals dumped monsters into the laps of those unsuspecting people. It was a very rough day in Waterdeep, in particular.

Halaster was eventually rescued by a group of adventurers. He returned to his Underhalls and things returned to normal, more or less.

See Undermountain: Stardock. It was the third and final module set in Undermountain [the other two were The Lost Level and Maddgoth's Castle -- all three are available for free at WotC].

Thanks Sage!
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2008 :  18:44:12  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good old Zhents...

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

Shottglazz
Acolyte

Canada
49 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2008 :  19:41:37  Show Profile Send Shottglazz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I went with Cult of the Dragon...love Dracoliches (watchout when you're higher levels guys!)...

Shottglazz

"Take my love, Take my land, Take me where I cannot stand;
I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me."
Go to Top of Page

Kilsek
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2008 :  19:51:04  Show Profile  Visit Kilsek's Homepage Send Kilsek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shottglazz

I went with Cult of the Dragon...love Dracoliches (watchout when you're higher levels guys!)...

[img]http://geekedondungeonsanddragons.com/users/44/00/88/smiles/40237.gif[/img]

Geeked on Dungeons and Dragons | Our new Minis Price guide | Geeked D&D Banner Exchange
Jiv'elgg lueth jiv'undus phuul jivvin. L'elamshin d'lil Ilythiiri zhah ulu har'luth jal.
Torture and pain are fun. The destiny of the Drow is to conquer all.
Go to Top of Page

jibriil
Acolyte

Australia
5 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2008 :  20:57:17  Show Profile  Visit jibriil's Homepage Send jibriil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah Guys the Jaezred Chaulssin destroyed a whole city without anyone knowing! They are at least masters of the underdark and likely the realm of shadow as well. Or if you dont care for that what of Bregan Daerthe?? These two individually could annihilate the red wizards or Zhents. Bregan Daerthe takes the best wizards and soldiers of all the destroyed houses.
Go to Top of Page

Nilus Reynard
Learned Scribe

Canada
137 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2008 :  01:07:54  Show Profile Send Nilus Reynard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Of those listed, my favorite would be Cult of the Dragon.

Nilus Reynard
Doom Master of Beshaba, Hand of Despair.
P24 Hm CN
(2nd Edition AD&D)
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  18:41:15  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah! The Zhents are overrated.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  19:06:58  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Has anybody made the joke that the WotC designers/authors are their favorite evil organization? Because, if not, I'll do it.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 06 Feb 2009 19:07:12
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  19:54:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Has anybody made the joke that the WotC designers/authors are their favorite evil organization? Because, if not, I'll do it.

No one has made that joke. Most of the activity in this thread predates the 4E announcement.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  20:11:45  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do the clones of Manshoon count by themselves as an organisation? ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  20:39:15  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StarBog

In my opinion, no--each clone seems to act on behalf of himself.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  21:12:44  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite is the ever-popular Zhentarim, but the Eldreth Veluuthra is a close second.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  22:37:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, the Grand Army of Zhentil Keep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

StarBog
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
152 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  22:45:09  Show Profile  Visit StarBog's Homepage Send StarBog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

In my opinion, no--each clone seems to act on behalf of himself.

That's what they want you to think.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  22:58:01  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Nah, the Twisted Rune for me, nothing like a bunch of master-minding undead evil mages trying to run a whole region from behind the scenes.

-I agree.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Elmara
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2009 :  23:30:08  Show Profile  Visit Elmara's Homepage Send Elmara a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I'm surprised House Dlardrageth has so few votes! I mean really, half elf, half demon...who couldn't love that? Not only that, but after being imprisoned, coming back again thousands of years after and stirring up another whole batch of war with little pause and managing to do a good deal of damage before Sarya could be reigned in!
Go to Top of Page

IngoDjan
Learned Scribe

Brazil
146 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  00:42:22  Show Profile  Visit IngoDjan's Homepage Send IngoDjan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bane“s Church

Ingo Djan
DUNGEON MASTER AO OF THE DIAMONDS!
"I see the future repeat the past. It all is a museum of great news. The Time do not stop."
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  04:37:48  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you forgot other.
my favorite: the ones I just put to the sword.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  14:01:44  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kraken Society, Knights of the Shield, Iron Throne, Rundeen Consortium, the groups that got 1% of the votes are actually my favorites

except Zhentarim, People of the Black Blood, Red Wizards and Cult of the Dragon, the Unseen ... oh hell
Go to Top of Page

danbuter
Seeker

USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  14:59:19  Show Profile  Visit danbuter's Homepage Send danbuter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Zhents for me. Especially as depicted in the gray box. 2e made them silly. The Red Wizards are a close second.

Nothing beats the gray box!
Dan
Go to Top of Page

Nerfed2Hell
Senior Scribe

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  19:43:35  Show Profile  Visit Nerfed2Hell's Homepage Send Nerfed2Hell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a traditionalist... Zhents for me, as well.

Some people are like a slinky... not good for much, but when you push them down the stairs, it makes you smile.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  22:16:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by danbuter

Zhents for me. Especially as depicted in the gray box. 2e made them silly. The Red Wizards are a close second.

-I agree. 2E made alot of bad guys look silly. The Zhents are a close second for me.

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wrigs13
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
201 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  23:47:39  Show Profile  Visit Wrigs13's Homepage Send Wrigs13 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember when my pc's met Lord Chess of Zhentil Keep for the first time and they just laughed in his face. i know he was a puppet but he wasn't supposed to be a figure of mockery was he? I think Zhents are a straight evil organisation, where as the red wizards are a more interesting evil organisation. I think zhents are better for lower level campaigns and red wizards for higher levels. Since the move to 3rd ed i think the red wizards have also been very well developed in lords of darkness and brought across the sea to be a part of the dalelands and beyond. Nice.

Do not try to understand the 4th edition. Thats impossible. Instead...only try to realise the truth. There is no 4th edition.
Go to Top of Page

ranger_of_the_unicorn_run
Learned Scribe

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  02:53:33  Show Profile Send ranger_of_the_unicorn_run a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Zhents are supposed to be like a tyrannical totalitarian organization bent on domination of Faerun, IMO. I think of them as almost like the Nazis of FR, although they don't quite have the same genocidal zeal.
Go to Top of Page

sneakypetev
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2009 :  21:51:28  Show Profile  Visit sneakypetev's Homepage Send sneakypetev a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ranger_of_the_unicorn_run

The Zhents are supposed to be like a tyrannical totalitarian organization bent on domination of Faerun, IMO. I think of them as almost like the Nazis of FR, although they don't quite have the same genocidal zeal.

I see the Zhents the same way, very dangerous.

"Go for the eyes boo,go for the eyes!"- Minsc
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2009 :  03:10:38  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
...dead. dragons shall rule the world entire.

...dead dragons shall rule the world entire.

Cult of the Dragon is the easy choice, an entire evil organization based on a missing "period"!!!

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2009 :  00:39:59  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said!

quote:
Originally posted by Bladewind

Zhents!! They combine insideous plots with brutal conquests. The major villains are all pretty deep, their thugs are fun to squash, their spies are everywhere. They got mages of high power, powerhungry apprentices and everything inbetween. Evil clerics, monstrous generals, massive resources, need I say more (because I will ^^).

Ooh, and they got hot battlecommander chicks (Scyllua) as well...

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2009 :  15:51:35  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the zhents to me are like the bad guys in a weekly cartoon.they are so laughably inept in most novels you never take them that seriously.havin said that there still loveable.anyway do house baenre count as an organisation.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2009 :  20:53:24  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Red Wizards...
What will be of 4e without whem?

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 29 Apr 2009 :  21:48:35  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also have to go with the Zhents, manshoon is just to slick for his own good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000