Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Candlekeep Site Update (01 August 2005)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2005 :  23:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

Ahhh, yet more new scrolls and tomes for thee to feast thine eyes upon Many thanks to those who have submitted their work for this site update. Enjoy this latest collection of lore and Realms articles.

1) Added product information pages, upcoming products catalog and Forgotten Realms Bibliography for: Neversfall, Blackstaff, The Depths of Madness, Power of Faerūn and Neverwinter Nights: Pirates of the Sword Coast.

2) Updated product information pages for City of Splendor's: Waterdeep, Sons of Gruumsh, Farthest Reach, The Best of the Realms, Book II, The Giant Among Us, Bladesinger and Servant of the Shard.

3) An overview and map of the town of Dhedluk, by Nicholas Burke - located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

4) Variant rules for the use of Stone Magic, also by Nicholas Burke.

5) Updated the Named Temple of the Realms list, by Adam Blanchard with various new entries.

6) The hamlet of Valdale, in the Great Dale, is mapped and detailed by Jason Chambers.

7) An essential piece of lore detailing the Legend of Iakhovas, by Jared Rascher, located in the Traveler's Notebooks section.

8) The Salvatore Project 2 is now available from Ken Hill, with the first two MP3 tracks - 'The Hunter' and 'The Return of the Master'.

9) Added first installment for 2005 (Jan-Mar) for So Saith Ed.

10) More NPC's from Steve Allen for level 2 of the Rooms of Undermountain: 'Alasdair Uigmuir', 'Dalitas the Red of Selgaunt', 'Kasar Yararyroth of Westport' and 'Shadatr Talacane the Red Beastheart'.

11) A great collection of beautiful artwork for the Gallery of Faerūn, by Jason Chambers, featuring: Bulvyn Validon, Gilleasa Kran, Chamber Dargon, Karwin Garza, Naiol Al R'as, Naz, Trask, Xysma, Razzle Longdagger and Dimble Shiglando.

12) Updated master Prestige Classes of the Realms list with entries from Champions of Ruin and City of Splendor's: Waterdeep.

13) Added link for 'Vanrakdoom' Web Enhancement for Champions of Ruin.

14) The first installment of Moonshine's Journals, a 76 chapter (and growing!) campaign journal by Bryant Alexander, located in the Campaign Logs section.

15) A new character to the Hall of Heroes: Hunter of Rashemen by Spencer Whipple.

16) A little humor relating paladin mercy killings, taken from the Candlekeep forums.

As always, these items can be viewed directly via links on the Home Page and News page.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  00:22:45  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm,

Did you not recieve part 2 of 05's? :) I did send it, right? :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  08:45:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hmm,

Well met

Alas, my dear Kuje. I received them not. Please retry and PM once thou hast resent, so that I may check the stacks of paperwork for thy scrolls. Thank ye.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2005 :  16:25:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hmm,

Well met

Alas, my dear Kuje. I received them not. Please retry and PM once thou hast resent, so that I may check the stacks of paperwork for thy scrolls. Thank ye.

Grumble, damn emails.

Also it seems the table of contents for 05 is also missing.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2005 :  22:32:13  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great stuff! I'm finding that i'm having to devote more and more time to going through all the items in these site updates... which suits me fine

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2005 :  05:54:39  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You said it Rad!

Now just imagine what it was like for me. I'd missed the last THREE updates . . .

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 16 Aug 2005 :  08:50:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

You said it Rad!

Now just imagine what it was like for me. I'd missed the last THREE updates . . .

Well met

Then sit thee down, and get reading

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll